Do you feel guilty about the oil spill?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 4, 2010, 3:28:20 PM5/4/10
Do you find that you can't sleep, or that you have nightmares?

Here's some practical advice:

1- WALK

2- RIDE A BIKE

3- DRIVE SOMETHING AS SMALL AS POSSIBLE...

And at the end of the day, you may find it easier to sleep.

WARNING: This advice may have some positive side effects such as
losing weight.

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Never forget living high on the hog may make you a pig"

Jim A

May 4, 2010, 3:55:34 PM5/4/10
On 05/04/2010 08:28 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana
and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises wrote:
> Do you find that you can't sleep, or that you have nightmares?
>
> Here's some practical advice:
>
> 1- WALK
>
> 2- RIDE A BIKE
>
> 3- DRIVE SOMETHING AS SMALL AS POSSIBLE...
>
> And at the end of the day, you may find it easier to sleep.
>
> WARNING: This advice may have some positive side effects such as
> losing weight.

Already doing all three thanks HHtTM.

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride

Forrest Hodge

May 4, 2010, 4:50:26 PM5/4/10
On 5/4/2010 3:28 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana
and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises wrote:

1. Not viable where I live. I'll go for a jog or walk to the neighbors,
but the closest store is about 8 miles away.

2. Not viable where I live. Again for fitness, I'll ride for few miles,
but, when it comes to transporting goods, a car makes much more sense.

3. No thanks, cars are more than just appliances to me. Sure I could
drive a 1 liter shitbox, but I like the idea of having 400+ HP at my
whim. Gas is cheap.

Bob F

May 4, 2010, 4:55:50 PM5/4/10
Forrest Hodge wrote:

> 3. No thanks, cars are more than just appliances to me. Sure I could
> drive a 1 liter shitbox, but I like the idea of having 400+ HP at my
> whim. Gas is cheap.

I guess that's the problem. It's too cheap.

May 4, 2010, 6:15:06 PM5/4/10

"Bob F" <bobn...@gmail.com> wrote in message
YUP. They should tax the crap out of it. My closest neighbor (1/8 mile up
the road) drives a hummer the 5 miles into town to his Pizzeria. I'm not
exactly sure why he needs it, since he's at the dive all day, every day, and
therefore clearly never drives it off road, but at least he's not driving
huge distances in the ridiculous thing. Too bad. He should be paying a LOT
more for gas just for owning that obscene thing! What are people thinking?
Oh wait, they're not thinking at all :(

Forrest Hodge

May 4, 2010, 6:39:23 PM5/4/10
Well, those who have vehicles that use more fuel are paying
proportionately in taxation already. I have no problems with that. It's
my choice to drive a muscle car. But I don't think the government should
artificially create rules and regulations that get in the way of what
the people want. In Britain for example fuel is taxed heavily. It all
but forces people to drive smaller, less powerful cars. You have to be
rather wealthy in Britain to afford a petrol powered V8 car or SUV. If
they had more reasonable (by North American standards) fuel taxation,
they probably wouldn't be driving diesel hatchbacks around.

May 4, 2010, 6:55:32 PM5/4/10

"Forrest Hodge" <fo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I drive a Subaru Forester, but I'd drive something smaller if I could afford
it. I bought the 1997 Forester 3 years ago for $5k with 150k miles. At the
time I needed to go to the post office daily with a hand truck full of
stuff. Now that the post office does free daily pickup I'd gladly switch to
a really tiny car, but I can't afford to dump a perfectly great car just to
get something smaller. Since I work at home I don't have a lot of mileage,
but still, I wish I could afford to get a smaller car. Unfortunately, most
smaller cars with good gas mileage are actually newer, and therefore more
expensive, than the car I currently drive. It's insane, but that's the way
it is, at least around here in the boonies. I can't wait until I can get a
tiny hatchback for less than $5k!

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 4, 2010, 6:56:35 PM5/4/10

I've been saying that taxing the gasoline 5 bucks more a gallon will
make all kinds of good things happen.

I don't why the politicians who are always looking for money haven't
noticed.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 4, 2010, 7:04:15 PM5/4/10

They wouldn't fit in their roads and who cares about cars that are
bigger outside and waste gas for the hell of it.

My favorite car (most fun, lots of character, perhaps most roomy) has
always being a 2 cylinder '72 Honda 600. Now Honda cars seem big, fat
and stupid, except for the Fit. Next I like the 3 cyl. Geo Metro.

That's all you need to go under 70mph.

gregg

May 4, 2010, 7:34:25 PM5/4/10

And the taxes should be a hell of a lot higher on fuel than they are.
They should be so high that you would have to find another way to
compensate for what you lack. It is idiotic to drive a V8 and thumb your
nose at any type of conservation. The "cost" of driving is a hell of a
lot more than is paid at the pump.

gregg

May 4, 2010, 7:35:13 PM5/4/10
On Tue, 04 May 2010 16:04:15 -0700, His Highness the TibetanMonkey,

ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises wrote:

Yep, that's right.

m...@privacy.net

May 4, 2010, 8:02:44 PM5/4/10
"h" <tmc...@searchmachine.com> wrote:

> I can't wait until I can get a
>tiny hatchback for less than $5k!

I cat either really!

I live in the USA.....and think a wise person has two
entirely diff types of vehicles..... an extremely
efficient small vehicle for the bulk of daily
driving.... and a used behemoth SUV for hauling and bad
weather driving (ice n snow)

And also a few bicycles in the mix too

Jeff Thies

May 4, 2010, 9:13:12 PM5/4/10
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic
Enterprises wrote:

I think that uses Honda's Variable Valve Timing tuned for optimal
mileage. The Civic HX used the same technology, I think that works
better in the smaller car. Seems like they had some emissions issue with
that also, perhaps NOx.

Next I like the 3 cyl. Geo Metro.

I have a friend who has 3 of them. At least that's what it takes to keep
one on the road. He has a hard time getting them to pass emissions.

> That's all you need to go under 70mph.

I'm looking forward to the next generation of electrics. Eventually
mass production will drive down battery costs. I haven't seen a Tesla
yet, but what a dream that car appears to be.

I think some time down the road you might see more hybrids of
differing designs. Imagine a stirling or a diesel hybrid, but battery
cost has to come way down.

My gas solution is just to work at home, an increasingly popular option.

Jeff

Forrest Hodge

May 4, 2010, 9:19:49 PM5/4/10
On 5/4/2010 7:04 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana
and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises wrote:

Some of us like to take our cars to the track, 70 MPH on the Grand
Course at VIR doesn't cut it. The way I see it, 400 HP and 20-23 MPG is
more efficient than 130 HP and 30-40 MPG.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 4, 2010, 9:29:31 PM5/4/10
On May 4, 9:13 pm, Jeff Thies <jeff_th...@att.net> wrote:
> His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic
>

> Enterprises wrote:
> I think that uses Honda's Variable Valve Timing tuned for optimal
> mileage. The Civic HX used the same technology, I think that works
> better in the smaller car. Seems like they had some emissions issue with
> that also, perhaps NOx.
>
> Next I like the 3 cyl. Geo Metro.
>
> I have a friend who has 3 of them. At least that's what it takes to keep
> one on the road. He has a hard time getting them to pass emissions.
>

> > That's all you need to go under 70mph.
>
> I'm looking forward to the next generation of electrics. Eventually
> mass production will drive down battery costs. I haven't seen a Tesla
> yet, but what a dream that car appears to be.
>
> I think some time down the road you might see more hybrids of
> differing designs. Imagine a stirling or a diesel hybrid, but battery
> cost has to come way down.
>
> My gas solution is just to work at home, an increasingly popular option.
>
> Jeff

Even I don't find the need to the Colombian jungle, clear up the
trees, and start a revolution. Too much competition and you can better
results at home. ;)

Anyway, what we need is HIGHER GAS PRICES & SPACE... And since the
politicians will not risk their political, survival the first solution
is out of the question. As for SPACE, once you calm down traffic, such
as in Key West, all kinds of vehicles, including EVs, scooters and
bicycles show up.

In Miami Beach where I live is still much of a jungle, except for
South Beach, where you see some bike paths (not a solution), bike
lanes and and some bicycles braving the roads. Around here it's
probably safer to go to the Colombian jungle.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 4, 2010, 9:37:36 PM5/4/10
On May 4, 4:29 pm, supraman_88 <m...@7M.GE> wrote:
> On Tue, 04 May 2010 12:58:21 -0700, His Highness the TibetanMonkey,

> >http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/17762.jpg
>
> Oil slick monster?
>
> So that's what detractors are!

You know, the OIL SLICK MONSTER is important because that way we have
someone to blame. Have you realized NOBODY ADMITS RESPONSIBILITY, so
they they can get to sleep?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 5, 2010, 1:18:36 AM5/5/10
I've thought this title may have more punch. Chill pill here means,
"you don't give a shit," so let's be honest about it.

You give a shit or you don't, and what are we doing --if anything-- to
change the situation. I will take a chill pill now, I mean to be able
to sleep.

Jim A

May 5, 2010, 2:51:08 AM5/5/10

Not here in the UK it isn't.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 5, 2010, 3:00:48 AM5/5/10

I think you always been pretty happy with the Mini, or you drool over
American cars? I know they are popular in a few places other than
America, like Venezuela and the Middle East where gas is cheaper than
water.

The Chinese want them big too, but that's to be expected for such
short people.

Bob F

May 5, 2010, 10:25:05 AM5/5/10
gregg wrote:
>> My favorite car (most fun, lots of character, perhaps most roomy) has
>> always being a 2 cylinder '72 Honda 600. Now Honda cars seem big, fat
>> and stupid, except for the Fit. Next I like the 3 cyl. Geo Metro.

I loved my Honda 600. The only problem was the 50,000 mile crankshaft. I wish I
still had the car - It would make a great electric conversion, using that stack
of big-block marine nicads I got off freecycle.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 5, 2010, 3:16:46 PM5/5/10

On May 5, 1:19 pm, "JOHN" <nos...@invalid.com> wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of QuixoticEnterprises" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >I put this note at the local forum to explore how's the jungle out
> > there...
>
> > I WANT TO BE PART OF THE SOLUTION NOT PART OF THE PROBLEM
>
> > Have you noticed today fewer cars and more bikes out there? Is it
> > "safe" for me to come out of the cage and ride a bike like a vehicle?
> > I don't mean on the edge where I'm also harassed. I mean TAKING THE
> > LANE, and let the cars worry about me, not me about them. Are the
> > bicycles coming to Miami Beach or not?
>
> no, but the Oil and Tar is.
> Oil spill is set to hit Miami Beach, and again, for months on end.
>
> http://votingfemale.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/obama-damage-control1...

It's oozing up through the toilets.

> Cars = 3,500 lb.. @ 50 MPH
>
> Bicycle = 20 lb.. @ 14 MPH
>
> GUESS WHO WINS ?
>
> [Bicycles are Targets]

Public transportation wins. BUS vs. SUV...

You are not at the top of the food chain as hard as you try.

I laugh at your pussy SUVs when I'm on the bus.

Jim A

May 5, 2010, 3:43:08 PM5/5/10
On 05/05/2010 08:00 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana
and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises wrote:
> I think you always been pretty happy with the Mini, or you drool over
> American cars? I know they are popular in a few places other than
> America, like Venezuela and the Middle East where gas is cheaper than
> water.
>
> The Chinese want them big too, but that's to be expected for such
> short people.

'Mini' is a German car now :-( It's owned by BMW.

The original Mini was undeniably popular, but there were lots of bigger
cars popular with us Brits, for example the Ford Cortina (still small by
your measure though).

Some people here in the UK still like big American cars, but since the
financial collapse a lot of people are going for the most economical car
they can get. A big car is still a status symbol here, and now even
more so than ever. Not only does it say "I can afford a big car", it
also says "I can afford the petrol" and "I can afford the tax". IMO it
also says "I am a ******" YMMV.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 5, 2010, 4:36:03 PM5/5/10

Well, don't place all the blame on the Americans. ;)

Much of the blame lies with Globalization and the worshiping of the
dollar, euro and pound.

I was surprised to hear that you got like 1,000 Gated Communities
there... What will it be next, back to Feudalism?

A guy on a bike would the equivalent of a serf, right?

http://www.mrdowling.com/images/703serf.gif

Jim A

May 5, 2010, 4:52:42 PM5/5/10
On 05/05/2010 09:36 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana
and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises wrote:
> Well, don't place all the blame on the Americans. ;)

Okay, granted a lot of our big 4x4s are Range Rovers (now owned by an
Indian company I think).

> Much of the blame lies with Globalization and the worshiping of the
> dollar, euro and pound.
>
> I was surprised to hear that you got like 1,000 Gated Communities
> there... What will it be next, back to Feudalism?

Yes, it does seem to be going that way. The gap between rich & poor
here is widening.

> A guy on a bike would the equivalent of a serf, right?

Depends on the bike ... and the guy. David Cameron who might just be
our Prime Minister after tomorrow is known to ride a bicycle to work
(albeit with one of his minions driving behind in an SUV carrying his
paperwork for him). Somehow I doubt he'll be cycling to work if he gets
to move house to Downing Street on Friday.

> http://www.mrdowling.com/images/703serf.gif

Hey! Where did you get that picture of me?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 5, 2010, 5:12:13 PM5/5/10
On May 5, 4:52 pm, Jim A <j...@averyjim.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> On 05/05/2010 09:36 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana
> and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises wrote:
>
> > Well, don't place all the blame on the Americans. ;)
>
> Okay, granted a lot of our big 4x4s are Range Rovers (now owned by an
> Indian company I think).

Range Rovers are not Supersized Unnecessary Vehicles the way our
behemoths are. I'd drive one if I went to the jungle.

> > Much of the blame lies with Globalization and the worshiping of the
> > dollar, euro and pound.
>
> > I was surprised to hear that you got like 1,000 Gated Communities
> > there... What will it be next, back to Feudalism?
>
> Yes, it does seem to be going that way.  The gap between rich & poor
> here is widening.

Marx was wrong about the cycles of history, FEUDALISM, THEN
CAPITALISM, THEN BACK TO FEUDALISM.

> > A guy on a bike would the equivalent of a serf, right?
>
> Depends on the bike ... and the guy.

Here it doesn't really matter. I've got top "royal" bikes and I'm
still a serf.

David Cameron who might just be
> our Prime Minister after tomorrow is known to ride a bicycle to work
> (albeit with one of his minions driving behind in an SUV carrying his
> paperwork for him).  Somehow I doubt he'll be cycling to work if he gets
> to move house to Downing Street on Friday.

Well, I hope this time is true. We got hopes here too. That's all we
got.

> >http://www.mrdowling.com/images/703serf.gif
>
> Hey!  Where did you get that picture of me?
>
> --www.slowbicyclemovement.org- enjoy the ride

See, you are quite a famous chap. ;)

***Hey, nice link you got there. Two revolutions is better than one!
***

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 5, 2010, 5:30:09 PM5/5/10
On May 5, 4:52 pm, Jim A <j...@averyjim.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> --www.slowbicyclemovement.org- enjoy the ride

Hey, I used some of your stuff here...

http://forums.miamibeach411.com/general-discussion/6575-offshore-oil-drilling-disaster-its-way-happen-2.html#post68153

Rod Speed

May 5, 2010, 6:51:25 PM5/5/10
m...@privacy.net wrote
> h <tmc...@searchmachine.com> wrote

> I cat either really!

That isnt viable in some jurisdictions, the cost of the
SUV registration and liability insurance wise is much
more than for the tiny hatch and isnt viable for rare use.

It isnt even that viable to say share one of the behemoths
with some of the neighbours either, because they will
mostly all want to use it at the same time and if its at
all elderly, the maintenance is a problem too.

> And also a few bicycles in the mix too

I cant ride one anymore, one knee doesnt bend properly after I broke it.

Rod Speed

May 5, 2010, 6:54:35 PM5/5/10

I cant see that the price will ever be viable compared
with a very small car running on natural gas.

> Eventually mass production will drive down battery costs.

It hasnt with laptops.

> I haven't seen a Tesla yet, but what a dream that car appears to be.

> I think some time down the road you might see more hybrids of differing designs. Imagine a stirling or a diesel
> hybrid, but battery cost has to come way down.

And I cant see that happening.

> My gas solution is just to work at home, an increasingly popular option.

True.

Nick Naim

May 5, 2010, 9:54:15 PM5/5/10

"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic
Enterprises" <nolionn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

ye sure.
check that Jersey tractor trailer on your but.

Nick Naim

May 5, 2010, 9:55:39 PM5/5/10

On May 4, 4:55 pm, "Bob F" <bobnos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forrest Hodge wrote:
> > 3. No thanks, cars are more than just appliances to me. Sure I could
> > drive a 1 liter shitbox, but I like the idea of having 400+ HP at my
> > whim. Gas is cheap.
>
> I guess that's the problem. It's too cheap.

I've been saying that taxing the gasoline 5 bucks more a gallon will
make all kinds of good things happen.

like what?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 5, 2010, 10:10:50 PM5/5/10
On May 5, 9:55 pm, "Nick Naim" <orb...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of QuixoticEnterprises" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On May 4, 4:55 pm, "Bob F" <bobnos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Forrest Hodge wrote:
> > > 3. No thanks, cars are more than just appliances to me. Sure I could
> > > drive a 1 liter shitbox, but I like the idea of having 400+ HP at my
> > > whim. Gas is cheap.
>
> > I guess that's the problem. It's too cheap.
>
> I've been saying that taxing the gasoline 5 bucks more a gallon will
> make all kinds of good things happen.
> like what?

Well, it would make other options desirable: bullet trains, scooters,
EVs and bicycles. People would think twice about moving 5 tons of
steel to get a six pack of beer.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 5, 2010, 10:16:17 PM5/5/10

On May 5, 5:36 pm, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If we had Monty Python Feudalism, we'd run around banging two halves
> of coconuts together, which has even less environmental impact than
> riding a bicycle. So just quit talking shit about Feudalism.

Wait a minute, wouldn't we be riding horses?

The armor now is the SUV instead of those uncomfortable armor suits.
Yes, we have come a long way...

Nick Naim

May 5, 2010, 11:08:39 PM5/5/10

"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message
how does a carpenter work at home?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 6, 2010, 12:49:31 AM5/6/10

On May 6, 12:11 am, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 6, 3:14 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana
> and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com>

> wrote:
>
> > On May 5, 5:36 pm, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > If we had Monty Python Feudalism, we'd run around banging two halves
> > > of coconuts together, which has even less environmental impact than
> > > riding a bicycle. So just quit talking shit about Feudalism.
>
> > Wait a minute, wouldn't we be riding horses?
>

> The horses are SIMULATED by banging together the coconut halves. You
> haven't seen the movie? I thought you were only symbolically a
> Tibetan Monkey.

OK, OK, I'll take a look...

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno

Those were rough times for losers.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 6, 2010, 12:49:40 AM5/6/10

On May 6, 12:11 am, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On May 6, 3:14 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana
> and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com>

> wrote:
>
> > On May 5, 5:36 pm, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > If we had Monty Python Feudalism, we'd run around banging two halves
> > > of coconuts together, which has even less environmental impact than
> > > riding a bicycle. So just quit talking shit about Feudalism.
>
> > Wait a minute, wouldn't we be riding horses?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 6, 2010, 12:49:46 AM5/6/10

On May 6, 12:11 am, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On May 6, 3:14 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana
> and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com>

> wrote:
>
> > On May 5, 5:36 pm, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > If we had Monty Python Feudalism, we'd run around banging two halves
> > > of coconuts together, which has even less environmental impact than
> > > riding a bicycle. So just quit talking shit about Feudalism.
>
> > Wait a minute, wouldn't we be riding horses?

Ohioguy

May 6, 2010, 9:37:29 AM5/6/10
Not at all. I am, however, rather angry that BP didn't simply have
an 80 ton hunk of granite ready to lower over the gusher within a few days.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 6, 2010, 10:43:27 AM5/6/10
On May 6, 9:37 am, Ohioguy <n...@none.net> wrote:
>    Not at all.  I am, however, rather angry that BP didn't simply have
> an 80 ton hunk of granite ready to lower over the gusher within a few days.

"The oil gushing from the unstoppable oil well into the Gulf of Mexico
was bound to happen. What can it possibly take for Americans to
realize we can't keep destroying our world for oil?

Chevron and BP should pay for their huge part in ruining our
ecosystem.

Let's start with a huge tax on their profits, then fines.

Tax, baby, tax."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/05/05/ED6J1D9TFR.DTL#ixzz0n7XQ66sj

Bill Sornson

May 6, 2010, 11:19:53 AM5/6/10

Bill Sornson

May 6, 2010, 11:27:12 AM5/6/10

Bill Sornson

May 6, 2010, 11:29:04 AM5/6/10

Simon Lewis

May 6, 2010, 11:45:16 AM5/6/10
"Bill Sornson" <so...@noyb.com> writes:

I'm trying to figure out your issue.

Firstly accidents happen. Secondly they are doing their best to fix
it. Thirdly the management of the rig was out of BPs hands pretty much
yet they are still picking up the tab and doing all in their power to
fix it. Fourthly DESPITE receiving funds from BP Obama has manned up and
informed that world that BP WILL pay for the clear up etc etc.

It seems to me that some people are not happy unless whining. Shit
happens. Do ones best to minimise it. This is a nasty issue but you can
be sure it will happen again from other petroleum companies.

Meanwhile the tyres on your bike were probably made from that ....

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 6, 2010, 12:32:42 PM5/6/10
On May 6, 8:45 am, Simon Lewis <simonlewis2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Bill Sornson" <so...@noyb.com> writes:
> > Bill Sornson wrote:
>
> >> And of course this
> >>http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2011780029_oilrules...

> >> had nothing to do with political contributions.
>
> >> Bill "plenty of guilt to /spread/ around, apparently" S.
>
> > Ooops:  http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/36783.html
>
> I'm trying to figure out your issue.
>
> Firstly accidents happen. Secondly they are doing their best to fix
> it. Thirdly the management of the rig was out of BPs hands pretty much
> yet they are still picking up the tab and doing all in their power to
> fix it. Fourthly DESPITE receiving funds from BP Obama has manned up and
> informed that world that BP WILL pay for the clear up etc etc.
>
> It seems to me that some people are not happy unless whining. Shit
> happens. Do ones best to minimise it. This is a nasty issue but you can
> be sure it will happen again from other petroleum companies.
>
> Meanwhile the tyres on your bike were probably made from that ....

Yeah, the question is how much petroleum goes to waste, and how much
is really needed.

Some of us though should decide to ride a bike in peace and let the
others in the RAT RACE live in their own filthy world.

This is what I just posted to MiamiBeach411forum. Notice that while
the Christian use their rap, we --the free monkeys-- have our own
song...

Here's how to slow down Miami Beach

And take it out from the rat race...

Cittaslow (literally Slow City) is a movement founded in Italy in
October of 1999. The inspiration of Cittaslow was the Slow Food
organization. Cittaslow's goals include improving the quality of life
in towns while resisting "the fast-lane, homogenized world so often
seen in other cities throughout the world" -- as the official
slowmovement.com description puts it. Celebrating and supporting
diversity of culture and the specialties of a town and its hinterland
are core Cittaslow values.

Cittaslow is part of a cultural trend known as the Slow movement.

Cittaslow has expanded broadly beyond Italy. By 2006, national
Cittaslow networks existed in Germany, Norway and the United Kingdom;
By mid-2009, fourteen countries have at least one officially
accredited Cittaslow community. In July, 2009, the small seaside
village of Cowichan Bay ([1]), on Vancouver Island, British Columbia,
Canada became Canada's and North America's first Cittaslow town.

Cittaslow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not only we could get some good PR (which can bring tourism), but
we can make this some livable community for all. The community would
go from South Beach to Haulover Beach, right by the nudist where we
could take a plunge to cool down.

You may say I'm dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

(sing along)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxC1UZDc9kY

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises

May 6, 2010, 4:57:42 PM5/6/10

On May 6, 9:40 am, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 6, 11:06 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana
> and Chief of Quixotic Enterprises" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On May 6, 10:23 am, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > On May 6, 12:46 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, ComandanteBanana
> > > It was a very green misery.
>
> > Why, it was a jungle?
>
> Green as in relatively small environmental footprint.

The knights live in smaller environments nowadays (gated communities).
Today only the serfs are free to roam around in a green-less and
pathetic environment.

> > I think the worst about it was the presence of the Church and
> > unpredictable knights.
>
> And lack of presence of teeth.

Rotten teeth was considered sexy back then. ;)

Bob F

May 7, 2010, 11:59:36 AM5/7/10
Simon Lewis wrote:

> It seems to me that some people are not happy unless whining. Shit
> happens. Do ones best to minimise it. This is a nasty issue but you
> can be sure it will happen again from other petroleum companies.

Or, we can make sure there are regulations to prevent such "accidents".

I heard BP was permitted to drill to 18,000 feet for that well. They were at
25,000 when it blew up. Was that an accident?

http://www.google.com/search?q=bp+well+too+deep&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1