Couponclippers.com?

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 12, 2009, 10:43:53 AM1/12/09
I saw this site on this group and REGISTERED, chose my coupons and
have $3.57 in coupons and ready to check out. I continually get a
message "in order to perform your checkout your order must be at least
$3.00." What am I doing wrong????? GRRRRRR

I am at work so leaving them a message to contact me at my home e-mail
address is not possible as we are blocked from checking home e-mail.

JonquilJan

Jan 12, 2009, 11:13:56 AM1/12/09
That $3.57 includes postage and the handling fee. Your COUPON total must be
at least $3.00. Increase the number of coupons for a few of your selections
and it should go through

I have dealt with them for years and have no problems.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying
<itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote in message

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 12, 2009, 11:52:19 AM1/12/09
On Jan 12, 10:13 am, "JonquilJan" <war...@imcnet.net> wrote:
> That $3.57 includes postage and the handling fee.  Your COUPON total must be
> at least $3.00.  Increase the number of coupons for a few of your selections
> and it should go through
>
> I have dealt with them for years and have no problems.
>
> JonquilJan
>
> Learn something new every day
> As long as you are learning, you are living
> When you stop learning, you start dying<itsjoannotjo...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> > I saw this site on this group and REGISTERED, chose my coupons and
> > have $3.57 in coupons and ready to check out.  I continually get a
> > message "in order to perform your checkout your order must be at least
> > $3.00."  What am I doing wrong?????  GRRRRRR
>
> > I am at work so leaving them a message to contact me at my home e-mail
> > address is not possible as we are blocked from checking home e-mail.- Hide quoted text -

Oh phooey, I think I've found out my problem.

:-/

Stray Dog

Jan 12, 2009, 12:28:00 PM1/12/09

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 07:43:53 -0800 (PST)
> From: itsjoan...@webtv.net
> Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
> Subject: Couponclippers.com?

Your local newspapers should have coupons, too.

My wife has perfected the "coupon racket" to the point that she saves us
$50-100 a month on food bills. once she went into the grocery story, came
out with a bag of stuff and more money than when she walked in (when they
"double" or "triple" coupons, sometimes the result is more than the price
of the stuff, so you get money back).

Also, remember that when you get the Sunday papers, they are full of
coupons, too. Sit in the car and look through what they are selling at X%
off. If you need it, then go back into the store and buy one or two more
copies of the same newspaper to get extra coupons that will save you more
than the price of the paper.

ACE hardware (in my area) gives out calendars at the beginning of the
year. Inside the calendar are coupons. Some of them are for _any_
purchase, $5 off any purchase over $25. I pick up more than one copy of
the calendar and snip off all the coupons that are unrestricted. Good for
things you really need: light bulbs, bug spray, garbage bags, etc.

tween...@mypacks.net

Jan 12, 2009, 12:35:42 PM1/12/09
On Jan 12, 12:28 pm, Stray Dog <sdog2...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> My wife has perfected the "coupon racket" to the point that she saves us
> $50-100 a month on food bills.

But, how much DO you spend on food in a month, and how many mouths are
you feeding? And how much of that couponed stuff is just junk?

once she went into the grocery story, came
> out with a bag of stuff and more money than when she walked in (when they
> "double" or "triple" coupons,

I'd like to know where these doubling and tripling store are located.
None in MY area, for sure.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 12, 2009, 12:55:24 PM1/12/09
On Jan 12, 11:28 am, Stray Dog <sdog2...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> Your local newspapers should have coupons, too.

I stopped my subscription to our local Sunday paper about 6 weeks ago,
therefore I don't have access to the coupons. And many times there
*might* be 3 or 4 coupons that were useable for my needs. I don't buy
something just because it has a coupon.

> My wife has perfected the "coupon racket" to the point that she saves us
> $50-100 a month on food bills. once she went into the grocery story, came
> out with a bag of stuff and more money than when she walked in (when they
> "double" or "triple" coupons, sometimes the result is more than the price
> of the stuff, so you get money back).

Very rarely have I ever been in the situation where the items I am
buying ends up free, I just see a savings on double coupons.

> Also, remember that when you get the Sunday papers, they are full of
> coupons, too. Sit in the car and look through what they are selling at X%
> off. If you need it, then go back into the store and buy one or two more
> copies of the same newspaper to get extra coupons that will save you more
> than the price of the paper.

Buying another paper to just to get the coupons defeats the purpose of
the coupon. The Sunday paper here is around $2.00 and buying two or
more copies to get the coupons would run me around $6 or more. NO
savings there on coupons and I don't need nor use Pampers, Iams
dogfood, Gerber babyfood, sugar laden/over priced snacks, etc., etc.
Coupon clipping is great if it's used wisely but buying 6 bottles of
kosher dill pickles because I have a coupon is a waste of money and
storage space.

Evelyn Leeper

Jan 12, 2009, 1:02:02 PM1/12/09
tween...@mypacks.net wrote:
> On Jan 12, 12:28 pm, Stray Dog <sdog2...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
>> My wife has perfected the "coupon racket" to the point that she saves us
>> $50-100 a month on food bills.
>
> But, how much DO you spend on food in a month, and how many mouths are
> you feeding? And how much of that couponed stuff is just junk?

I find that buying the store brand is usually a much better deal than
using coupons. For me, the big savings are in January (and now also
July) when Shop-Rite has their "can-can" sale. For example, canned
mushrooms and canned beans for fifty cents a can. (Yes, I know dried
are cheaper, but they take much longer and often make too much for two
people.) Canned tuna was about 85 cents a can, as were the pouches.

> once she went into the grocery story, came
>> out with a bag of stuff and more money than when she walked in (when they
>> "double" or "triple" coupons,
>
> I'd like to know where these doubling and tripling store are located.
> None in MY area, for sure.

Here (in Central NJ) they double, but not triple. They used to triple
in western Massachusetts; I'm not sure if they still do.

In any case, I think they limit the discount to the value of the item,
and won't double any coupon of $1 or more.

--
Evelyn C. Leeper
Be braver. You cannot cross a chasm in two small jumps.

James

Jan 12, 2009, 1:34:20 PM1/12/09
I tried it years ago but ended up with a bunch of stuff that I never
used.

Stray Dog

Jan 12, 2009, 2:26:28 PM1/12/09

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, tween...@mypacks.net wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:35:42 -0800 (PST)
> From: tween...@mypacks.net
> Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
> Subject: Re: Couponclippers.com?

> On Jan 12, 12:28 pm, Stray Dog <sdog2...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
>> My wife has perfected the "coupon racket" to the point that she saves us
>> $50-100 a month on food bills.
>
> But, how much DO you spend on food in a month, and how many mouths are
> you feeding? And how much of that couponed stuff is just junk?

Just two of us, but stuff we stock up on (toilet paper, freezer bags, lots
of things, garbage bags, etc.). Anything that makes sense.

> once she went into the grocery story, came
>> out with a bag of stuff and more money than when she walked in (when they
>> "double" or "triple" coupons,
>
> I'd like to know where these doubling and tripling store are located.
> None in MY area, for sure.

You do have to watch for them. If you have not a lot of stores in your
area, then they don't need to compete with each other. Here we have a
number of major chains and that stimulates competition.

She also watches hard for sales, particularly on meats. A lot of her
savings are on that, too, where they knock a few bucks off per pound of
whatever.

She also bought a bread machine, now about 20 years old (panasonic) and,
believe it or not, still works. Makes a small loaf of bread for 20 cents
worth of flour, etc (she gets all components on sales, coupans), makes
kits (all compoents pre mixed, and stored in refrig/freezer, until
needed). We (she) did have to replace the teeflon coated insert for where
the stuff goes and gets mixed because the surface deteriorates over time
and then the baked loaf doesn't fall out easily. But, that fresh bread and
smell and taste are worth a million bucks. Been going through about 3-4
loaves a week on that bread meachine, continuously, for the last 20 years.

Stray Dog

Jan 12, 2009, 2:30:29 PM1/12/09

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:55:24 -0800 (PST)
> From: itsjoan...@webtv.net
> Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
> Subject: Re: Couponclippers.com?

> On Jan 12, 11:28 am, Stray Dog <sdog2...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
>>

>> Your local newspapers should have coupons, too.
>>

> I stopped my subscription to our local Sunday paper about 6 weeks ago,
> therefore I don't have access to the coupons. And many times there
> *might* be 3 or 4 coupons that were useable for my needs. I don't buy
> something just because it has a coupon.

Sometimes, you can find papers in public libraries, laying around in
restaurants, pub transportation, etc.

Sometimes, in convenience stores on mondays, after the sunday paper is
obsolete, they cut off the title page to get credit, and the rest of the
paper is dumped in the garbage. If you get my drift.

>> My wife has perfected the "coupon racket" to the point that she saves us
>> $50-100 a month on food bills. once she went into the grocery story, came
>> out with a bag of stuff and more money than when she walked in (when they
>> "double" or "triple" coupons, sometimes the result is more than the price
>> of the stuff, so you get money back).
>>

> Very rarely have I ever been in the situation where the items I am
> buying ends up free, I just see a savings on double coupons.

I leave it to her to decide. Me? I fix the computers and keep the techie
stuff working, she doesn't understand that stuff, but she is great on the
couponing stuff (also the thrift store, watching sales, etc).

>> Also, remember that when you get the Sunday papers, they are full of
>> coupons, too. Sit in the car and look through what they are selling at X%
>> off. If you need it, then go back into the store and buy one or two more
>> copies of the same newspaper to get extra coupons that will save you more
>> than the price of the paper.
>>

> Buying another paper to just to get the coupons defeats the purpose of
> the coupon. The Sunday paper here is around $2.00 and buying two or
> more copies to get the coupons would run me around $6 or more. NO
> savings there on coupons and I don't need nor use Pampers, Iams
> dogfood, Gerber babyfood, sugar laden/over priced snacks, etc., etc.
> Coupon clipping is great if it's used wisely but buying 6 bottles of
> kosher dill pickles because I have a coupon is a waste of money and
> storage space.

When it works, she gets much more than the price of the papers.

Stray Dog

Jan 12, 2009, 2:32:35 PM1/12/09

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, James wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:34:20 -0800 (PST)
> From: James <j006...@hotmail.com>

> Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
> Subject: Re: Couponclippers.com?
>

> I tried it years ago but ended up with a bunch of stuff that I never
> used.

You have to follow your own draconian rule that you only buy what _you_
need, not what _the store_ wants you to need.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 12, 2009, 4:44:17 PM1/12/09
On Jan 12, 1:26 pm, Stray Dog <sdog2...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, tweeny90...@mypacks.net wrote:
>

> Just two of us, but stuff we stock up on (toilet paper, freezer bags, lots
> of things, garbage bags, etc.). Anything that makes sense.

Yes, the toilet paper, paper towels, laundry and dishwashing
detergents are some of the best bargains, for me. You're gonna need
those things eventually, and they don't spoil, so they are good items
to stock up on.

> > once she went into the grocery story, came
> >> out with a bag of stuff and more money than when she walked in (when they
> >> "double" or "triple" coupons,
>
> > I'd like to know where these doubling and tripling store are located.
> > None in MY area, for sure.
>
> You do have to watch for them. If you have not a lot of stores in your
> area, then they don't need to compete with each other. Here we have a
> number of major chains and that stimulates competition.

There is one store here, Harris Teeter that will triple coupons up to
99 cents and I only shop there when I'm at work. It's a 25 mile round
trip from my house so no big savings if that were my number shopping
store.

> She also watches hard for sales, particularly on meats. A lot of her
> savings are on that, too, where they knock a few bucks off per pound of
> whatever.

Yes, the meat sales, and particularly the marked down meat that has
been in the display case 4 or 5 days can save a nice chunk of change!

The only coupon place I ever was dissatified with was "Carol Wright."
You filled out a questionnaire of sorts as to the type of coupons you
wanted. What a joke, they sent everything but what I wanted. I
wanted catfood coupons and I got dogfood coupons. They sent baby
stuff galore, but no baby here, etc. I was quite disappointed and
finally got off that stupid list and have received others from that
site through the mail and I got burned once, not again!

JonquilJan

Jan 12, 2009, 5:09:11 PM1/12/09

James <j006...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I tried it years ago but ended up with a bunch of stuff that I never
> used.

With couponclippers.com you select only the coupons you want - and that you
have use for. You can get the coupons in quantity - some have a limit and
some you must get 5 - but you still only get what you can use.

As said before, I have dealt with them for years and have saved hundreds of
dollars. About 35% off my grocery bills. The grocery in my area (would
have to travel 15 miles to another) will double coupons under $1 - but not
more than the cost of the item. That still means I get some things for free
(not a lot but some) and many more half off. Have to watch and be very
aware of the local prices - and brand names stocked - and watch what is on
sale. Recently - toilet paper was on sale - a 4 pack for $2.99. I
immediately ordered ten coupons from couponclippers.com - for 75 cents off.
Since they ship within a week - I got the coupons - and used them - before
the sale was over. So just a bit over half off - and I stocked up on TP.

You just have to be aware of what you want - what the stores stock - and
watch the adds.

itsjoan...@webtv.net

Jan 12, 2009, 10:30:18 PM1/12/09
Well darn, I still can't check out! I've got a total of $3.68 in my
shopping cart and it continually tells me I must have a total of at
least $3.00 in my cart. I guess this site won't work for me and I had
such high hopes and I cant' figure out what to do.

James

Jan 13, 2009, 12:40:04 PM1/13/09
On Jan 12, 5:09 pm, "JonquilJan" <war...@imcnet.net> wrote:

James

Jan 13, 2009, 12:42:28 PM1/13/09
On Jan 12, 5:09 pm, "JonquilJan" <war...@imcnet.net> wrote:
> James <j0069b...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I tried the site and can't find manufacturer's coupons. Do you need
to join to see those? For example how do I find tp coupons?

Stray Dog

Jan 13, 2009, 2:19:23 PM1/13/09

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, itsjoan...@webtv.net wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:44:17 -0800 (PST)
> From: itsjoan...@webtv.net

> Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
> Subject: Re: Couponclippers.com?

There are a lot of scams out there just to get your name and address and
telephone number for targeted advertising, telemarketing, etc.

For a while, at one grocery store the checkout damsel asked me "Your
telephone number?" and I just shook my head. At others, they asked for zip
code (less intrusive), but I don't give any of that stuff out anymore,
either.

Free subscriptions (commerical trade periodicals) sometimes ask for your
fax number. I called on this, the woman said "put in 999-999-9999" and the
computer will take it and mark that as an acceptable entry.

TV converter boxes? What a Joke: I went to the website and they said my
address was invalid. So, I don't get any coupon for the digital converter
box.

Lots of scams out there.

JonquilJan

Jan 13, 2009, 4:38:31 PM1/13/09

I tried the site and can't find manufacturer's coupons. Do you need
to join to see those? For example how do I find tp coupons?

I don't know what your problem might be. I have belonged for so long not
sure of what the process might be now for new members. You can join without
any penalty even if you don't order. Try that - and then scroll down on the
list to the left of the screen to either paper products or household - or
put in the search option the brand name of the TP you want. There is a
minimum order - thats what started this thread.

That might work - or it might not. Been so long since I was new there.