Sample Complaint Letter

Cheapo Groovo

Nov 19, 2008, 2:55:43 PM11/19/08
(date)

John Jones
Regional Vice President
ABCD Company
500 Main Street
Suite 100
Anywhere, USA

Dear Mr. Jones,

I regret having to write to you about an unpleasant experience I've had
with your company. I prefer to contact a company only in praise of an
employee or the company's actions. Unfortunately, my situation is such
that it is necessary for me to forward a complaint to you.

(In this area, give the specifics of the complaint. Say who you've
spoken with about the problem, what attempts you've made to solve it and
what specific action you would like. I always ask for coupons or some
type of compensation)

I look forward to hearing from you within 30 days, so that we are able
to resolve this problem in a speedy fashion.

Sincerely,

(your name)
(your address)

Al Bundy

Nov 19, 2008, 4:56:58 PM11/19/08

I don't favor any cookie cutter approach to letter writing. Sometimes
humor works and other times a more threatening formal letter is in
order. I wrote to Wendy's headquarters six weeks ago about the two
occasions we found hair in their Frosties from the same location. So
far there has been no response. We have not been there in six weeks
either. Some companies have a culture that responds to complaints and
other companies ignore everything. When I know which category they
fit, I act accordingly. Further complaints on deaf ears are a waste of
my time.