How can we stop cars from blocking the pedestrian x-ing?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Apr 29, 2011, 10:21:55 AM4/29/11
It makes life miserable to all and it just killed a girl from a school
nearby. The driver sits there blocking the path looking one way, and
you are deciphering if he sees you or not --often through tinted
windows-- and take the plunge...

This is the main danger I find on bicycles as well when you decide
that sidewalks is the only survival strategy. I'm not sure the red
light camera catches that, but the problem is so widespread it
deserves special attention. Here turning right on red is legal, so
that should be called into question.

Sometimes they just look at your face and you don't know if it's safe
and you play a gamble. They figure "pedestrian" means insignificant.

I definitely favor LIVE CAMERAS to catch all this action and predation
on the streets. They could be placed anywhere and would allow us to
roll back to a particular accident. PREDATORS BEWARE!

moronsbegone

May 12, 2011, 11:02:10 AM5/12/11
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher" <comandan...@yahoo.com> wrote in
oups.com:

Gotta disagree here, The cameras gotta go, that's no more then
a symbol of "I want Big Brother" to take responsability of MY
health and welfair so I don't have to. Next thing ya know they
will install cameras in your bed room to make sure you are NOT
having dangerous and unprotected sex with your other half.
Carefull what you wish for, when government steps in
they don't know when to stop. Cameras where? EVERYWHERE!!!
Thats the answer. How about just shooting the moron in the SUV
that cuts you off? Now there's an idea.

--
May You reep the poverrty You have Voted for.

Mike A Schwab

May 12, 2011, 4:18:49 PM5/12/11