business white pages

Ohioguy

Jun 13, 2010, 8:27:29 AM6/13/10
Anyone know, for a really small, part time or startup business, do
you have to have a separate line or business telephone line in order to
get a listing in the business white pages?

Basically, I'm wanting a listing without having to pay very much for
it in recurring fees. I considered using something like Ooma to add a
digital line for next to nothing, but then I realized that:

A) ooma prohibits commercial use
&
B) not sure if being able to have people call you with their telephone
also guarantees a listing, especially if your "phone line" isn't
through the traditional telephone company

Is there an alternative to Ooma that is hardware based, would work
over DSL, and doesn't prohibit commercial use? I would at best probably
receive a few dozen inbound calls a month on the line.