Inkgard?

KenK

Mar 22, 2010, 9:32:20 AM3/22/10
Anyone tried this? The ad says this utility will give you four times as
much printing from an inkjet cartridge. Tiny holes in the fonts? What's the
catch? They also sell carts. I've not checked out their web site; I'd
prefer to hear from someone who has tried their product(s) first.

TIA

Al

Mar 22, 2010, 4:02:50 PM3/22/10

I did check out their Web site. The prices on the carts I use are the
same as in-store refurbished carts and more than Internet priced carts
so take it from there. I don't buy any ink carts. I refill everything
using old discarded carts and garage sale finds.
It looks like a scam to me to pay $9.99 annually to do what you can do
for yourself with any printer. The printer software allows you to cut
the ink with draft mode. Sometimes that is not perfect as it may leave
blank spaces and lines. The solution is to use printer profiles where
you specifically alter the print characteristics. I can't see paying
for that product. I would not download it if it were free.

SMS

Mar 22, 2010, 5:00:28 PM3/22/10

This is true. Just use fast draft mode whenever possible. Unfortunately
the selection doesn't stick, you have to select it every time.

Refill cartridges as Costco, don't buy new ones.

Patricia Martin Steward

Mar 22, 2010, 5:51:43 PM3/22/10
There is a free font out there that has tiny holes in it -- it's
called Ecofont.

I've used it; it works best with smaller fonts as the really large
ones, like for a sign or poster, will show the holes. But that
could also be interesting if you want it!

--
Last week, the universe threw a douche parade, and every float was John Mayer:
John Mayer the racist, John Mayer the homophobe, John Mayer the compulsive

imascot

Mar 22, 2010, 7:57:01 PM3/22/10
SMS <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote in news:4ba7da71$0$1669$742e...@news.sonic.net:

> Unfortunately
> the selection doesn't stick, you have to select it every time.

You CAN make it the default, check your printer settings (I'm assuming Windoze OS)

J.

Al

Mar 23, 2010, 7:51:53 AM3/23/10

When you change to draft mode in an application, it does not stick.
When you change the printer characteristics through the control panel,
it makes a global change for all applications. Some applications will
remember the last setting though. And you are not locked into draft
mode in most printers. You can select something in between, but this
requires working with more advanced printer properties and varies with
the printer software. It bugs me to give away $9.99 and repeat the
process yearly to do something a couple of clicks away.