Cell phone signal boosters

KenK

Jul 20, 2015, 2:14:12 PM7/20/15
I started having a lot of problems with my cell service - No Service, calls
don't go through, calls not received. Tracfone has been no help so far,
saying I live in poor cell area - but why did phone work previously. <sigh>

I've been Googling Cell Phone Signal Boosters a bit and have a few reviews
printed to read later.

Has anyone here tried one of these? Comments, please? They seem be be quite
expensive to gamble on ones help.

TIA

wilm...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2015, 5:42:01 PM7/20/15
Of course they work. Any information to the contrary is just the phone companies trying to cover up the conspiracy to make your phone use more frustrating. And why would a phone manufacturer spend a few dollars more to boost the cell signal by installing one of these devices? That would not make sense, their job is to offer a crummy product.

Could be your local cell tower has been taken down, that there is new building in front of it, or you have made adjustments in your home. Maybe you have installed an app that is interfering? Maybe your phone is obsolete in which signal it receives. Maybe your phone's software needs an upgrade.

bjvar...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2015, 2:30:11 PM7/21/15
On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 11:14:12 AM UTC-7, KenK wrote:
I have Iphone 5 with Verizon, but I am experiencing all the same problems recently, No Service, calls don't go through, calls not received and dropped calls in the middle of the call. I used to have good service, but now in the last few months it is terrible, so I am ready to try anything that will help

tra...@optonline.net

Aug 2, 2015, 9:41:07 AM8/2/15
On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 5:42:01 PM UTC-4, wilm...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 11:14:12 AM UTC-7, KenK wrote:
> > I started having a lot of problems with my cell service - No Service, calls
> > don't go through, calls not received. Tracfone has been no help so far,
> > saying I live in poor cell area - but why did phone work previously. <sigh>
> >
> > I've been Googling Cell Phone Signal Boosters a bit and have a few reviews
> > printed to read later.
> >
> > Has anyone here tried one of these? Comments, please? They seem be be quite
> > expensive to gamble on ones help.
> >
> > TIA
> >

> > --
> > You know it's time to clean the refrigerator
> > when something closes the door from the inside.
>

> Of course they work. Any information to the contrary is just the phone companies trying to cover up the conspiracy to make your phone use more frustrating. And why would a phone manufacturer spend a few dollars more to boost the cell signal by installing one of these devices? That would not make sense, their job is to offer a crummy product.

I think you're assuming he means some passive device that you
put on your cell phone. There are also cell phone boosters that
are separate devices, line powered, that sit in the location where
you want improved connectivity. Obviously that type could not be
added to a cell phone by the manufacturer. There are also devices
available that will put your cell phone traffic over to the internet
and give you connectivity that way.