Shople stayed in burning mall because they wanted to keep shopping

ulti...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2009, 3:24:08 AM1/5/09
http://consumerist.com/220385/shoppers-continue-shopping-as-mall-burns

My only comment is WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM?!!!!!ONE1!!!

SMS

Jan 5, 2009, 12:09:09 PM1/5/09
ulti...@gmail.com wrote:
> http://consumerist.com/220385/shoppers-continue-shopping-as-mall-burns
>

> My only comment is WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM?!!!!!ONE1!!!

After the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake in the SF Bay Area, the news had a
piece on the types of 911 calls that were received. One person called to
find out if the malls would be open the next day. I was talking to a
friend of mine and I said "I heard about you on the news, you called 911
to see if the malls were open." Her response, "Honey, the malls call me."

MSfo...@mcpmail.com

Jan 5, 2009, 4:47:01 PM1/5/09
On Jan 5, 3:24 am, ultim...@gmail.com wrote:
> http://consumerist.com/220385/shoppers-continue-shopping-as-mall-burns
>
> My only comment is WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEM?!!!!!ONE1!!!

They expected to get fire sale prices and were wrong.