Life Improvements

Vandy Terre

Jan 2, 2011, 6:17:15 PM1/2/11
Are mornings rough due to making choices of clothing and then finding it? Try
finding a way to choose apparel the day before and arranging it in an easy
location for use.

In my bathroom there is a partition between the toilet and sink. I have hooks
where hangers can be put, undergarments hung with shoes on the floor beneath.
This allows me to dress while taking care of business.

In front of the toilet is space for a short cabinet that holds my vitamin/
medicine to be taken each day, a hair brush and clips, a pair of nail clippers
and a jar of nail polish remover.

I am somewhat handicap and can not stand for long. This arrangement allows me
to prepare for the day with out help. That means I can rise early as I prefer
and allow the rest of the family to sleep as they need. I am on a day schedule.
Several family members are on second or third shift.

Rod Speed

Jan 2, 2011, 9:15:32 PM1/2/11
Vandy Terre wrote

> Are mornings rough due to making choices of clothing and then finding it?

Nope. Completely effortless in that regard, actually.

> Try finding a way to choose apparel the day before
> and arranging it in an easy location for use.

No point given that the current approach is effortless.

> In my bathroom there is a partition between the toilet and sink.
> I have hooks where hangers can be put, undergarments hung
> with shoes on the floor beneath. This allows me to dress while
> taking care of business.

> In front of the toilet is space for a short cabinet that holds my
> vitamin/ medicine to be taken each day, a hair brush and clips,
> a pair of nail clippers and a jar of nail polish remover.

> I am somewhat handicap and can not stand for long. This
> arrangement allows me to prepare for the day with out help.
> That means I can rise early as I prefer and allow the rest of
> the family to sleep as they need. I am on a day schedule.
> Several family members are on second or third shift.

Their problem.

Dan Birchall

Jan 2, 2011, 11:23:44 PM1/2/11
va...@tanglewood-destiny.com (Vandy Terre) wrote:
> Are mornings rough due to making choices of clothing and then
> finding it?

Nah, I tend to "choose" whatever clothing I find first. :) But it
sounds like your organizational system works well for you.

--
http://08016.com/ - Burlington City history on the internet, since 1995.

Rod Speed

Jan 3, 2011, 12:44:13 AM1/3/11
Dan Birchall wrote
> va...@tanglewood-destiny.com (Vandy Terre) wrote

>> Are mornings rough due to making choices of clothing and then finding it?

> Nah, I tend to "choose" whatever clothing I find first. :)

I just have lots of copys of the same thing, dont even bother to vary the color of the T shirts etc.

> But it sounds like your organizational system works well for you.

Much simpler my way.

Gordon

Jan 3, 2011, 6:40:05 PM1/3/11
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in

Reminds me of the Dr (what's his name?) on Jurasic Park played
by Jeff Goldbloom. He only had clothes in Black and Grey so
he didn't have to spend time thinking of what to wear. All he
did was reach into his closet and wear whatever he took out. It
all matched, regardless.

<shrug> A system is a system.

MAS

Jan 3, 2011, 7:38:17 PM1/3/11
On 1/3/2011 6:40 PM, Gordon wrote:

> Reminds me of the Dr (what's his name?) on Jurasic Park played
> by Jeff Goldbloom. He only had clothes in Black and Grey so
> he didn't have to spend time thinking of what to wear. All he
> did was reach into his closet and wear whatever he took out. It
> all matched, regardless.
>
> <shrug> A system is a system.

As an added bonus, you don't have to sort colors before washing.

Marsha