Help desperately needed...

Mary Mathews

Nov 15, 2009, 7:47:52 PM11/15/09

During the storm this past week my car leaked and the water puddled on
the floor board behind the driver's seat. I got the water out, but there
is a terrible odor. Does anyone know of a strong deodorizer that I could
use on my car. Thank you, sincerely. Mary

JonquilJan

Nov 15, 2009, 8:37:54 PM11/15/09
Try kitty litter. The scoopable kind. It will not only absorb any leftover
moisture but also wllhep with the odor.

But it could me mildew. You might hae o replace the carpet.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying

Mary Mathews

Nov 15, 2009, 10:46:19 PM11/15/09

Thank you so much! I will get some 'kitty litter' in the morning. If it
doesn't work I will check on having the carpet replaced. Thanks again.
Mary

� Jeem �

Nov 16, 2009, 12:36:31 AM11/16/09
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 20:37:54 -0500, "JonquilJan" <war...@imcnet.net>
wrote:

Replacing the carpeting should be the very last resort. If you get no
answers here that seem to work, I would try AllExperts.com

Nov 16, 2009, 12:51:53 AM11/16/09

"Mary Mathews" <marya...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> Thank you so much! I will get some 'kitty litter' in the morning. If it
> doesn't work I will check on having the carpet replaced. Thanks again.
> Mary

Make sure to get unscented litter. There are LOTS of litters out there with
some truly vile odors! There's a "citrus" one which smells worse than fresh,
uncovered cat output!

Vandy Terre

Nov 19, 2009, 1:33:49 PM11/19/09

Vent a window on a dry sunny day to help remove excess moisture from the
vehicle. Baking soda can help absorb moisture and reduce odor. Maybe shampoo
the carpet and vacuum heavily once dry.

frie...@zoocrewphoto.com

Nov 20, 2009, 4:52:00 AM11/20/09

Odorz Out

It's a canister of granular powder, found at the pet store, that
absorbs odors. It works great for everything I have tried, including
some musty rug after a water leak that went unnoticed for a while and
mildewed a bit.