Netflix/Post Office

Vic Smith

Jan 20, 2009, 11:22:09 PM1/20/09
Yesterday (Monday) my wife dropped 3 flicks into the PO box inside her
work. It's a large corporation, if that matters.
Yesterday was MLK day, and the post office is closed.
Today (Tuesday) Netflix sent e-mails that they received the 3 flicks.
The e-mail times were 6:14 AM.
They shipped the next 3 flicks about noon.
I don't have a Netflix envelope now, so I don't know where they ship
to.
But it doesn't make sense anyhow.
Any ideas how that could happen?

--Vic

JR Weiss

Jan 21, 2009, 12:27:00 AM1/21/09
"Vic Smith" <thismaila...@comcast.net> wrote...

The Post Office does pickups on Sundays and holidays, even though it doesn't do
residential deliveries. Read the labels on some of the public mailboxes near
you...

The Real Bev

Jan 21, 2009, 1:17:57 AM1/21/09
JR Weiss wrote:

The large corporation probably delivers its mail to the post office. I seem to
remember hearing that some post offices scan the Netflix envelopes which
transfers the info to Netflix immediately. Or maybe that was Blockbuster...

--
Cheers, Bev
Segal's Law: A man with one watch knows the time.

spendwize.com

Jan 21, 2009, 12:26:58 PM1/21/09
Just because the post office is "closed" doesn't mean the mail isn't
picked up and maybe even sorted. Netflix has local offices thruout the
country, so the movies may not have traveled too far. All in all, Netflix
runs its operations as smoothly as one could expect, don't you think?
xxxxo
-------------------------------------
Vic Smith wrote:

> --Vic

Delivered via http://www.spendwize.com http://www.spendwize.com/groups/
Consumer News and Discussions Platform of the Net
misc.consumers.frugal-living - 33226 messages and counting!

Vic Smith

Jan 21, 2009, 1:34:02 PM1/21/09
On 21 Jan 2009 17:26:58 GMT, info_at_1-sc...@foo.com
(spendwize.com) wrote:

>Just because the post office is "closed" doesn't mean the mail isn't
>picked up and maybe even sorted. Netflix has local offices thruout the
>country, so the movies may not have traveled too far. All in all, Netflix
>runs its operations as smoothly as one could expect, don't you think?

No complaints here.
But that's the first time in over 2 years Netflix got my mail the next
day.
The first time. And it was 6 AM. And it sent on a "postal holiday."
WEIRD!!!
I'll check where they are sent to when the next ones come.
I'm thinking Barb was right in suggesting the post office scan is sent
to Netflix.

--Vic

Lou

Jan 21, 2009, 8:11:30 PM1/21/09

"Vic Smith" <thismaila...@comcast.net> wrote in message
Why not write to Netflix, complimenting them on the excellent service, and
by-the-way ask how they do it?

The Real Bev

Jan 21, 2009, 8:42:42 PM1/21/09
Vic Smith wrote:

"Bev", not "Barb". This is a common mistake. Curiously enough, my cousin
Barbara complained about being called Bev. Can you shed any light on this? I'm
really curious...

--
Cheers,
Bev

Rod Speed

Jan 21, 2009, 9:06:29 PM1/21/09
The Real Bev wrote:
> Vic Smith wrote:
>
>> info_at_1-sc...@foo.com (spendwize.com) wrote:
>>
>>> Just because the post office is "closed" doesn't mean the mail
>>> isn't picked up and maybe even sorted. Netflix has local offices
>>> thruout the country, so the movies may not have traveled too far.
>>> All in all, Netflix runs its operations as smoothly as one could
>>> expect, don't you think?
>>
>> No complaints here. But that's the first time in over 2 years
>> Netflix got my mail the next day. The first time. And it was 6 AM. And it sent on a "postal holiday." WEIRD!!! I'll
>> check where they
>> are sent to when the next ones come. I'm thinking Barb was right in
>> suggesting the post office scan is sent to Netflix.

> "Bev", not "Barb". This is a common mistake. Curiously enough, my cousin Barbara complained about being called Bev.
> Can you shed any light on this? I'm really curious...

Dont forget what that did to the cat.

The Real Bev

Jan 21, 2009, 9:42:22 PM1/21/09
Rod Speed wrote:

Yeah, but I'm safe -- we don't have a wood chipper.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Shaun Eli

Jan 21, 2009, 10:39:17 PM1/21/09
They're a very well-managed company. When you go to the website their
customer service page displays the expected wait time if you call
them.

BEFORE YOU PICK UP THE PHONE-- the info's on the website, updated in
real time. That's pretty smart and customer-friendly.

When I was a customer the turn-around time (from when I mailed to when
I received the next dvd) was almost always two days.

Shaun Eli
www.BrainChampagne.com
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for Smart Minds (sm)

Vic Smith

Jan 21, 2009, 10:55:12 PM1/21/09
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:42:42 -0800, The Real Bev
<bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Vic Smith wrote:
>
>> info_at_1-sc...@foo.com (spendwize.com) wrote:
>>
>>> Just because the post office is "closed" doesn't mean the mail isn't picked
>>> up and maybe even sorted. Netflix has local offices thruout the country, so
>>> the movies may not have traveled too far. All in all, Netflix runs its
>>> operations as smoothly as one could expect, don't you think?
>>
>> No complaints here. But that's the first time in over 2 years Netflix got my
>> mail the next day. The first time. And it was 6 AM. And it sent on a
>> "postal holiday." WEIRD!!! I'll check where they are sent to when the next
>> ones come. I'm thinking Barb was right in suggesting the post office scan is
>> sent to Netflix.
>
>"Bev", not "Barb". This is a common mistake. Curiously enough, my cousin
>Barbara complained about being called Bev. Can you shed any light on this? I'm
>really curious...

Brian fart maybe? I know you're Bev, and I know of a Barb here too,
Max's pal. They live in my "area."
But seriously, maybe because Barb is more common than Bev and it just
sort of falls in place when not thinking sharply.
Of course that doesn't explain what happens to your cousin Bev, Barb.
I got 3 DVDs today. Sent 3 Monday, got 3 Wednesday.
They should close the PO more often.
Larry suggested I compliment Netflix and ask them how they do it, but
I figure it's because Netflix has a nearby mailing address, as I saw
today. About 20 miles from me.
Netflix knows what they're doing, as they often send me an e-mail
asking when I shipped or received a vid.
If I tell them how good I think they are they might raise rates.

--Vic

The Real Bev

Jan 21, 2009, 11:40:45 PM1/21/09
Vic Smith wrote:

> <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Vic Smith wrote:

>>> No complaints here. But that's the first time in over 2 years Netflix got
>>> my mail the next day. The first time. And it was 6 AM. And it sent on a
>>> "postal holiday." WEIRD!!! I'll check where they are sent to when the
>>> next ones come. I'm thinking Barb was right in suggesting the post office
>>> scan is sent to Netflix.
>>
>> "Bev", not "Barb". This is a common mistake. Curiously enough, my cousin
>> Barbara complained about being called Bev. Can you shed any light on this?
>> I'm really curious...
>
> Brian fart maybe?

Who's Brian and what's wrong with his digestion?

> I know you're Bev, and I know of a Barb here too, Max's pal. They live in my
> "area." But seriously, maybe because Barb is more common than Bev and it just
> sort of falls in place when not thinking sharply. Of course that doesn't
> explain what happens to your cousin Bev, Barb.
>
> I got 3 DVDs today. Sent 3 Monday, got 3 Wednesday. They should close the PO
> more often. Larry suggested I compliment Netflix and ask them how they do it,
> but I figure it's because Netflix has a nearby mailing address, as I saw
> today. About 20 miles from me. Netflix knows what they're doing, as they
> often send me an e-mail asking when I shipped or received a vid. If I tell
> them how good I think they are they might raise rates.

You're probably safe as long as Blockbuster offers a similar service. Better,
if you have a Blockbuster within walking distance and haven't seen pretty much
everything they have that you want to see.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I don't care who your father is! Drop that cross