OT: NY Times & American Conservative on Afghanistan: GET OUT!

david...@aol.com

Jan 8, 2009, 12:53:40 AM1/8/09
As a friend of mine just wrote to me, not entirely hyperbolically,
“Afghanistan is where empires go to die, and it's the real reason the
USSR collapsed.” Here are an Op-Ed piece from the NY Times and an
article from The American Conservative. Their recommendation re:
Afghanistan? GET OUT!

http://preview.tinyurl.com/7vwar5

“The Afghan Quagmire”
By BOB HERBERT
New York Times, January 5, 2009

http://www.amconmag.com/article/2008/jul/28/00006/

“Losing Afghanistan”
By Leon Hadar
Prolonging this good war may be worse than persisting in the bad one
in Iraq.
July 28, 2008 Issue

-david gable

Rod Speed

Jan 11, 2009, 10:27:02 PM1/11/09
david...@aol.com wrote:

> As a friend of mine just wrote to me, not entirely hyperbolically,

Mindlessly pig ignorantly hyperbolically, actually.

> “Afghanistan is where empires go to die,

Have fun explaining how come the british empire thrived
after it ended up with a VERY bloody nose in Afghanistan.

> and it's the real reason the USSR collapsed.”

Pigs arse it is.

> Here are an Op-Ed piece from the NY Times and an article from
> The American Conservative. Their recommendation re: Afghanistan? GET OUT!

It was staying out of afghanistan that produced 9/11, fuckwit.

> http://preview.tinyurl.com/7vwar5

> “The Afghan Quagmire”
> By BOB HERBERT
> New York Times, January 5, 2009

Just another pig ignorant terminal fuckwit.