dealing w/ cops?

*VFW*

Nov 19, 2010, 12:05:05 PM11/19/10
Not only does the US have the highest rate of incarceration on the
planet, but the racial disparity of arrests, convictions and
imprisonment have become grossly pronounced. Nationwide Afro-Americans
are arrested, convicted and imprisoned disproportionately. Thirty-seven
percent of drug-offense arrests are Afro-Americans, 53 percent of
convictions are of Afro-Americans, and 67 percent -- two-thirds of all
people imprisoned for drug offenses -- are Afro-Americans. This is
depute the fact that Afro-Americans do not use drugs at a perceivable
higher rate than white Americans. - 8.2% of whites and 10.1% of blacks
use illicit drugs.

Much of the voting rights & victories won by the civil rights movement
during the 1960s have effectively been eroded. Nearly 5 million people
are now barred from voting because of felony disenfranchisement laws.
The United States is the only industrial democracy that does this.

Drug prohibition has become a successor system to Jim Crow laws in
targeting black citizens, removing them from civil society and then
barring them from the right to vote. If harsh sentences deterred illicit
drug use, America would be "drug-free" by now. But that is not the case,
and never will be. The drug war has given the "former land of the free"
the highest incarceration rate in the world and disenfranchised millions
of citizens. It is a cure worse than the disease.

for mo;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/neill-franklin/a-cops-advice-on-dealing-_b_
783387.html#s182290
--
Karma, What a concept!

Rod Speed

Nov 19, 2010, 6:15:20 PM11/19/10
VFW wrote

> Not only does the US have the highest rate of incarceration
> on the planet, but the racial disparity of arrests, convictions
> and imprisonment have become grossly pronounced.

Because the racial disparity of crime is grossly pronounced.

The murder rate in the white leafy suburbs is no higher than in any other modern
> first world countrys. The murder rate in the ghettos on the other hand...

> Nationwide Afro-Americans are arrested, convicted and imprisoned disproportionately.

Because they do much more crime.

> Thirty-seven percent of drug-offense arrests are Afro-Americans, 53
> percent of convictions are of Afro-Americans, and 67 percent -- two-thirds
> of all people imprisoned for drug offenses -- are Afro-Americans.

All that proves is that they do more of the serious drug crime.

> This is depute the fact that Afro-Americans do not use
> drugs at a perceivable higher rate than white Americans.

They do however do a lot more of the street dealing in drugs.

> - 8.2% of whites and 10.1% of blacks use illicit drugs.

Those numbers are straight from someone's arse, we can tell from the smell.

Its never going to be feasible to get anything like that accuracy
with something thats so easy to do without getting caught.

> Much of the voting rights & victories won by the civil rights
> movement during the 1960s have effectively been eroded.

Thats another lie.

> Nearly 5 million people are now barred from
> voting because of felony disenfranchisement laws.

Thats US law.

> The United States is the only industrial democracy that does this.

Thats another pig ignorant lie.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffrage#Criminality

> Drug prohibition has become a successor system to Jim
> Crow laws in targeting black citizens, removing them from
> civil society and then barring them from the right to vote.

Yes, the US has rather silly ideas about recreational drug use.

Its also got some of the more liberal laws too in some states,
most obviously with the ludicrous medical use of marihujana etc.

> If harsh sentences deterred illicit drug use, America would be "drug-free" by now.

Yes, making recreational drug use illegal is as silly as prohibitiion.

The US was one of the few modern first world countrys to get that stupid about alcohol use too.

> But that is not the case, and never will be. The drug war has given
> the "former land of the free" the highest incarceration rate in the world
> and disenfranchised millions of citizens. It is a cure worse than the disease.

Possibly with recreational drug use, but not with important crime like murder
where the US also has the highest murder rate in the modern first world too.

That cant be due to the attitude of the cops, its gotta be due to the mentality of the arseholes doing the murdering.

> for mo;
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/neill-franklin/a-cops-advice-on-dealing-_b_783387.html#s182290

Don Klipstein

Nov 19, 2010, 6:21:22 PM11/19/10
In <georgeswk-4E919...@news.toast.net>, *VFW* wrote in part:

>barring them from the right to vote. If harsh sentences deterred illicit
>drug use, America would be "drug-free" by now. But that is not the case,
>and never will be.

In at least much of USA, it is only a misdeanor, often a minor one, to
be a smalltime or "smalltime" drug user.

That creates demand. The price gets to a point that equates supply and
demand with each other. The price gets to a point that motivates people
to get into risky business, especially people who would otherwise be
without income.

I propose that the drug laws in USA should be either like those that USA
had in 1900 (when marijuana, cocaine and opiates were legal), or like
those that my highschool German teacher said Germany had in the late
1970's ("get caught with half a joint, spend 2 years in "The Joint").
--
- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

Message has been deleted