Cell phone

KenK

Jan 10, 2019, 11:54:10 AM1/10/19
Added a year to my soon to expire Tracfone cell phone. Extremely confusing.
I may have added two years. I think I will go to another cell company next
time, like maybe Consumer Cellular. I have one of their phones with no time
on it - would save me buying a new phone. I suspect I should blame Old Age
Inc. instead of Tracfone.

Just me?

ItsJoan NotJoann

Jan 10, 2019, 1:01:40 PM1/10/19
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 10:54:10 AM UTC-6, KenK wrote:

> Added a year to my soon to expire Tracfone cell phone. Extremely confusing.
> I may have added two years. I think I will go to another cell company next
> time, like maybe Consumer Cellular. I have one of their phones with no time
> on it - would save me buying a new phone. I suspect I should blame Old Age
> Inc. instead of Tracfone.
>
> Just me?

Why do you need to buy a new phone? How much were you charged that you think you added 2 years service?

KenK

Jan 10, 2019, 1:27:35 PM1/10/19
ItsJoan NotJoann <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote in
I was only talking about another phone if I switched to Consumer Cellular
next time I needed more days of service. Could I use a Tracfone phone
with a Consumer Cellular account? Just curious.

I tried to add a year. Thought I had succedded but never got confirmation
of completion of transaction. I finally tried their help button. Got me
to a computer that set me up with a year's added time. I'm not sure if
that was a second year or completed the first attempt. I'll find out when
I get the credit card bill. They give no email confirmation like most
other companies like Amazon do.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Jan 10, 2019, 1:59:24 PM1/10/19
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 12:27:35 PM UTC-6, KenK wrote:

> ItsJoan NotJoann <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote in
>
> > Why do you need to buy a new phone? How much were you charged that
> > you think you added 2 years service?
> >

> I was only talking about another phone if I switched to Consumer Cellular
> next time I needed more days of service. Could I use a Tracfone phone
> with a Consumer Cellular account? Just curious.

Not sure, but I *think* you can use your TracFone with Consumer Cellular.
Don't quote me, though.

> I tried to add a year. Thought I had succeeded but never got confirmation
> of completion of transaction. I finally tried their help button. Got me
> to a computer that set me up with a year's added time. I'm not sure if
> that was a second year or completed the first attempt. I'll find out when
> I get the credit card bill. They give no email confirmation like most
> other companies like Amazon do.

You could log into your credit card account and see what charges are showing
from TracFone. But I suspect if you didn't see a confirmation the first
time I doubt you were charged.

Dennis

Jan 10, 2019, 3:03:13 PM1/10/19
On 10 Jan 2019 18:27:30 GMT, KenK <inv...@invalid.com> wrote:

>I tried to add a year. Thought I had succedded but never got confirmation
>of completion of transaction. I finally tried their help button. Got me
>to a computer that set me up with a year's added time. I'm not sure if
>that was a second year or completed the first attempt. I'll find out when
>I get the credit card bill. They give no email confirmation like most
>other companies like Amazon do.

You should have gotten a message on your phone saying how many days of
service were added. There should also be something in the phone menu
to display the current expiration date, but it's been a while since I
had a TracFone, so I don't remember.

Dennis (evil)
--
I'm a hands-on, footloose, knee-jerk head case. -George Carlin

Bob F

Jan 10, 2019, 10:09:31 PM1/10/19
If you paid twice, you might get twice the minutes, but with the same
expiration date. You should be able to call them and ask.

Bob F

Jan 10, 2019, 10:13:59 PM1/10/19
On 1/10/2019 8:54 AM, KenK wrote:
> Added a year to my soon to expire Tracfone cell phone. Extremely confusing.
> I may have added two years. I think I will go to another cell company next
> time, like maybe Consumer Cellular. I have one of their phones with no time
> on it - would save me buying a new phone. I suspect I should blame Old Age
> Inc. instead of Tracfone.
>
> Just me?

Have you looked at the prepaid plans at pageplus?

KenK

Jan 11, 2019, 11:56:47 AM1/11/19
Dennis <dg...@hotmail.com> wrote in
Right. But it took a long while (many hours) for them to accept and
display the new date.

tra...@optonline.net

Jan 12, 2019, 6:20:34 PM1/12/19
Check out MintSim, another MVNO, they use Tmobile. I've had it a year,
very happy with it. $15 to $25 a month for unlimited v and texts and
3GB or 12GB of data. If you're interested, let me know here, I think
they still have a referal thing going where you get a discount and I get
a referral bounty. Consumer Cellular was like $25 a month, but for a
lot less v,t, and data. Mintsim after the monthly data is exceeded,
it's still unlimited, but at 2G speeds. How well it works for you
will depend on Tmobile coverage in your area. I get 170 Mbits/sec data
here in NJ, excellent call quality.