Computer printer ink cartridge

music...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2013, 7:57:41 PM8/20/13
I have the most basic HP laser printer.

I am getting a message that the ink is running low.

Once upon a time, I think I could get it refilled by the likes of Office Max for under $20.

Now I am being told that I need to buy a whole new cartridge for $60.

Am I the only one having that experience?

If not, is there a cheaper way to deal with cartridges running low on ink?

Zilbandy

Aug 20, 2013, 9:21:33 PM8/20/13
On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:57:41 -0700 (PDT), music...@gmail.com wrote:

>I have the most basic HP laser printer.
>
>I am getting a message that the ink is running low.

Laser printers don't use ink. They use something called toner. You'd
be better telling us the make and model number of the printer.

--
Zilbandy

music...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2013, 1:21:51 AM8/21/13
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:21:33 PM UTC-10, Zilbandy wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:57:41 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
>

> >I have the most basic HP laser printer.
>

> >I am getting a message that the ink is running low.
>

> Laser printers don't use ink. They use something called toner. You'd
>
> be better telling us the make and model number of the printer.
>

> --
>
> Zilbandy

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have an HP LaserJet P1102w and the number on the cartridge is CE258A.

sms

Aug 21, 2013, 1:57:24 AM8/21/13
On 8/20/2013 10:21 PM, music...@gmail.com wrote:

> I have an HP LaserJet P1102w and the number on the cartridge is CE258A.

CE285A

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=9489

The Real Bev

Aug 21, 2013, 2:46:07 AM8/21/13
http://www.rakuten.com/sr/searchresults.aspx?qu=CE285A
$23 with free shipping. I bought a Brother toner cartridge from
somebody who sold through buy.com. I'm happy.

--
Cheers,
Bev

music...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2013, 4:15:24 PM8/21/13
Thanks to all for your quick and informative replies.

I really appreciate them.

music...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2013, 4:58:37 AM9/9/13

gggg...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2015, 3:31:13 PM7/8/15
Since this thread is 2 years old, are there any new places one could try?

Bob F

Jul 9, 2015, 10:31:11 AM7/9/15
Have you tried googleing "refill injet cartridge? You can pay someone to do it,
or do-it-yourself.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Jul 9, 2015, 6:07:20 PM7/9/15
On Wednesday, July 8, 2015 at 2:31:13 PM UTC-5, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Since this thread is 2 years old, are there any new places one could try?

I buy my ink cartridges on eBay and it doesn't matter if they
are a year of two out of expiration.