Lexmark 2500 printer

aesthete8

Jan 26, 2011, 1:28:43 AM1/26/11
Any reactions to that?

Is that recommendable?

a real cheapskate

Jan 26, 2011, 8:34:27 AM1/26/11
On Jan 26, 1:28 am, aesthete8 <art...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any reactions to that?
>
> Is that recommendable?

kodak printers have the lowest cost ink..........

Jeff Thies

Jan 26, 2011, 8:57:08 AM1/26/11
On 1/26/2011 1:28 AM, aesthete8 wrote:
> Any reactions to that?
>
> Is that recommendable?

Let's see, you want to buy a discontinued printer.

I'm not directly familiar with that, but I have owned other Lexmarks.
The ink cartridges are expensive and the printer head is in the
cartridge. Ink has a tendency to dry there and you have to replace
cartridges that still have ink in them. With all the head cleaning and
realignment needed, you can run out of ink doing nothing. I'll never buy
another.

Spend a little more, the ink, not the cost of the printer is what you
need to worry about.

I've been liking the HP stuff (recycles ink used to clean heads), but
no manufacturer is without issues. Definitely get a separate black and I
prefer separate colors instead of all in the same cartridge.

Jeff