Looking for Recipe conversion

anthona

Mar 9, 2011, 9:15:49 AM3/9/11
I've googled to no luck looking for a recipe conversion area...all i
seem to get is conversion of measurements although i include in the
search recipes. Does anyone know of a website that can give me a
conversion of recipes that were made for 4 or 6 people, down to one or
two? Thanks

Michael Black

Mar 9, 2011, 11:06:47 AM3/9/11

You divide down, unless there is something that shouldn't be divided
down.

The math is easy, I'm sure I've seen pocket calculators that will help you
do it, but knowing about the recipes and ingredients is another thing.
And any "conversion website" won't be dealing with that.

Michael

Bill

Mar 9, 2011, 11:45:43 AM3/9/11
"anthona" wrote in message

> Does anyone know of a website that can give me a
> conversion of recipes that were made for 4 or 6 people, down to one
> or
> two?

http://www.basic-mathematics.com

Message has been deleted

ItsJoanNotJoann

Mar 10, 2011, 1:29:50 PM3/10/11

Yes, it's pretty simple. I don't understand what the problem is.
Cafeteria at work used to serve a great 'banana split cake' and the
manager gave me the recipe. It served 200 and I kept dividing it in
half until I got it down to serve 8-10 people. It took less than 5
minutes to get the proper measurements.

Rod Speed

Mar 10, 2011, 4:00:12 PM3/10/11
ItsJoanNotJoann wrote
> Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> wrote
>> anthona wrote

>>> I've googled to no luck looking for a recipe conversion area...all i
>>> seem to get is conversion of measurements although i include in the
>>> search recipes. Does anyone know of a website that can give me a
>>> conversion of recipes that were made for 4 or 6 people, down to one
>>> or two? Thanks

>> You divide down, unless there is something that shouldn't be divided down.

>> The math is easy, I'm sure I've seen pocket calculators that will
>> help you do it, but knowing about the recipes and ingredients is
>> another thing. And any "conversion website" won't be dealing with that.

> Yes, it's pretty simple. I don't understand what the problem is.

Try it with a roast leg of lamb.

> Cafeteria at work used to serve a great 'banana split cake' and the
> manager gave me the recipe. It served 200 and I kept dividing it in
> half until I got it down to serve 8-10 people. It took less than 5
> minutes to get the proper measurements.

That doesnt work with some recipies.

Susan Bugher

Mar 10, 2011, 9:53:44 PM3/10/11
anthona wrote:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . .

recipes + "one serving"
("About 1,170,000 results")
<http://www.google.com/search?q=recipe+"one+serving"&hl=en&num=100&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=>

"cooking for one":
("About 246,000 results (0.22 seconds)")
<http://www.google.com/search?q="cooking+for+one"&hl=en&num=100&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images&tbs=>

To my astonishment Google even produced ONE result for "one serving
angel food cake". . .

Susan