Egg prices

gggg gggg

Jan 11, 2023, 12:50:17 AM1/11/23

Dim Witte

Jan 12, 2023, 8:09:55 PM1/12/23
On Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 8:50:17 PM UTC-9, gggg gggg wrote:
> https://www.cbsnews.com/news/eggs-prices-2022-chicken-bird-flu/

But we should rejoice that eggs are mostly available, though high priced. Right now I have three dozen extra large that I got for about $4.50 ea.

I'm on a keto diet, avoiding carbs and starches, preferring proteins, vegetables and salads, so applaud eggs, which of course go well with bacon and sausages. Eggs have vitamins and minerals that are good for us.

"Eggs are naturally rich in vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B12, vitamin D, selenium and iodine. They also contain vitamin A and a number of other B vitamins including folate, biotin, pantothenic acid and choline, and other essential minerals and trace elements, including phosphorus."

The Real Bev

Jan 16, 2023, 2:28:06 PM1/16/23
Trader Joe was out of eggs Friday, but got a new shipment in Saturday
morning. I bought a dozen jumbos Sunday afternoon for $3.99. Those are
always the cheapest there, and I didn't check the prices of the other
sizes. They were out again this morning.
--
Cheers, Bev
If I know that chaining yourself to a dead cow is stupid,

Beaver Fever

Jan 19, 2023, 2:26:21 PM1/19/23
Yep, they aren't always there but when they are I pay $2.99

Eat them at least 5 times a week and haven't gone hungry yet.

gggg gggg

Jan 22, 2023, 7:44:09 PM1/22/23

gggg gggg

Jan 25, 2023, 12:02:51 PM1/25/23
On Monday, January 16, 2023 at 11:28:06 AM UTC-8, The Real Bev wrote:
Concerning Trader J.:

https://ktla.com/news/nexstar-media-wire/nationworld/trader-joes-releases-annual-list-of-shopper-favorites-new-items-take-top-spots/

gggg gggg

Jan 26, 2023, 11:28:42 PM1/26/23
On Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 9:50:17 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> https://www.cbsnews.com/news/eggs-prices-2022-chicken-bird-flu/

(2023 Y. upload):

"All the EGGS are disappearing, who’s making money? | Redacted with Natali and Clayton Morris"

gggg gggg

Jan 30, 2023, 8:22:22 PM1/30/23

gggg gggg

Jan 31, 2023, 12:53:31 AM1/31/23

Lenona

Jan 31, 2023, 1:08:04 PM1/31/23
Didn't watch all of it yesterday, but if anyone's interested, by mid-2021, nine states had banned cages for egg-laying hens. They are:

Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Michigan, Washington, Oregon, California, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

So that would clearly increase the price. Whether those states charge more than other states, I don't know.

(How many news stories are mentioning that factor?)

gggg gggg

Jan 31, 2023, 1:43:48 PM1/31/23

The Real Bev

Jan 31, 2023, 11:58:01 PM1/31/23
Here in Kalifornia eggs have been cage-free for quite a while. Before
the price rise Trader Joe's jumbo white non-organic eggs were
$2.39/dozen. I think they were cheaper than that a year previous. When
I bought them at TJ 2 weeks ago they were $3.49 when the newspapers were
talking about $7 eggs. Last week they were $6 for large or X-large at
Aldi's. Haven't looked at TJ since then.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces

gggg gggg

Feb 2, 2023, 1:39:25 PM2/2/23

Beaver Fever

Feb 3, 2023, 2:16:50 PM2/3/23
$2.99 for large yesterday.

Gotta post the recipe for my almost daily mega-lunch. It's the veggie sausages that are really expensive now.

Dim Witte

Feb 4, 2023, 4:22:25 AM2/4/23
I just saw liquid egg whites at Walmart, 32 oz. @ $4.50. Especially low carb for use on Keto or other diet. Never done this, but evidently just put vegetable or meat, fish, chicken in a muffin pan, pour egg whites over; bing, bang, boom.

Dim Witte

Feb 4, 2023, 4:33:07 AM2/4/23
Just found out how many ounces are in a dozen chicken eggs: "Per Dozen Large 56.7, Medium 49.6, Small 42.5." Question is, do you want the yellow?