I Have An Upside 100 pack CD-R Spindle Top Full Of Used AA Alkaline Batteries

Beaver...@live.com

Feb 3, 2018, 9:04:43 PM2/3/18
What do I do with them.

Guess I am not supposed to just throw them away?

Bob F

Feb 3, 2018, 10:19:25 PM2/3/18
On 2/3/2018 6:04 PM, Beaver...@live.com wrote:
> What do I do with them.
>
> Guess I am not supposed to just throw them away?

Check the web site of your local solid waste utility.

The Real Bev

Feb 3, 2018, 10:49:22 PM2/3/18
Best Buy will recycle them.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Too many people in Washington are full of themselves, among

catalpa

Feb 5, 2018, 9:34:50 PM2/5/18

"The Real Bev" <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 02/03/2018 07:17 PM, Bob F wrote:
>> On 2/3/2018 6:04 PM, Beaver...@live.com wrote:
>>> What do I do with them.
>>>
>>> Guess I am not supposed to just throw them away?
>>
>> Check the web site of your local solid waste utility.
>
> Best Buy will recycle them.

No, they will not.

"Best Buy does not accept alkaline batteries for disposal. Customers should
call 1-800-RECYCLING or visit www.1800recycling.com to find alkaline battery
recycling centers in their neighborhoods."

catalpa

Feb 5, 2018, 9:38:02 PM2/5/18

<Beaver...@live.com> wrote in message
> What do I do with them.
>
> Guess I am not supposed to just throw them away?

PA DEP says: "Alkaline and zinc carbon battery types no longer contain
mercury and they may be disposed in your normal household trash."

http://www.dep.pa.gov/Business/Land/Waste/Recycling/PublicResources/Pages/HouseholdBatteries.aspx

The Real Bev

Feb 6, 2018, 12:43:57 AM2/6/18
Sorry, I thought there was a 'batteries' hole in their recycling thing.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short.

Bob F

Feb 6, 2018, 9:01:53 AM2/6/18
On 2/5/2018 9:43 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 02/05/2018 06:34 PM, catalpa wrote:
>> "The Real Bev" <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Best Buy will recycle them.
>>
>> No, they will not.
>>
>> "Best Buy does not accept alkaline batteries for disposal. Customers
>> should
>> call 1-800-RECYCLING or visit www.1800recycling.com to find alkaline
>> battery
>> recycling centers in their neighborhoods."
>
> Sorry, I thought there was a 'batteries' hole in their recycling thing.

For rechargeable batteries? NiCd, NiMh, Li.