a Victory Garden at the Whitehouse.

Devo

Mar 21, 2009, 7:16:34 PM3/21/09
Yes, Instead of mowing the WhiteHouse lawn they are growing food.
Finally intelligent people in the W.H.
Michelle says it's a wonderful way to educate children about where food
(real food) comes from and another way to deal with epidemic of obesity.
That's a Victory Garden.
Yes, We Can. .. .. grow your own food.
Let's duplicate that in everyone's yard.
Sell the lawnmower. they really do pollute an awfully lot. Noisy too.
Don't go to seed !
--
It's amazing what you can do. If...
you put your mind to it.

albu...@mailinator.com

Mar 21, 2009, 6:54:42 PM3/21/09

Devo wrote:
> Yes, Instead of mowing the WhiteHouse lawn they are growing food.
> Finally intelligent people in the W.H.
> Michelle says it's a wonderful way to educate children about where food
> (real food) comes from and another way to deal with epidemic of obesity.
> That's a Victory Garden.
> Yes, We Can. .. .. grow your own food.
> Let's duplicate that in everyone's yard.
> Sell the lawnmower. they really do pollute an awfully lot. Noisy too.
> Don't go to seed !
> --

I think they want to symbolically complete the takeover and become
plantation owners while the rest of us become slaves to the economy.

catalpa

Mar 21, 2009, 7:52:07 PM3/21/09

"Devo" <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote in message

> Yes, Instead of mowing the WhiteHouse lawn they are growing food.
> Finally intelligent people in the W.H.
> Michelle says it's a wonderful way to educate children about where food
> (real food) comes from and another way to deal with epidemic of obesity.
> That's a Victory Garden.
> Yes, We Can. .. .. grow your own food.
> Let's duplicate that in everyone's yard.
> Sell the lawnmower. they really do pollute an awfully lot. Noisy too.
> Don't go to seed !

It is a vegetable garden.

Real food comes from fields of wheat, corn and soybeans and cattle, hogs,
and chickens.

Gary Heston

Mar 21, 2009, 10:58:52 PM3/21/09
In article <georgewkspam-AA88...@sn-ip.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>,

Devo <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote:
>Yes, Instead of mowing the WhiteHouse lawn they are growing food.
>Finally intelligent people in the W.H.
>Michelle says it's a wonderful way to educate children about where food
>(real food) comes from and another way to deal with epidemic of obesity.
>That's a Victory Garden.
>Yes, We Can. .. .. grow your own food.
>Let's duplicate that in everyone's yard.
[ ... ]

That would be the Republicans yards, as all the liberals have been
foreclosed upon, and apartments generally don't have yards.

Gary

--
Gary Heston ghe...@hiwaay.net http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

"Behind every successful woman there is an astonished man"
General of the Army (four stars) Ann Dunwoody

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

catalpa

Mar 22, 2009, 12:45:57 AM3/22/09

<lis...@privacy.net> wrote in message
> You forgot potatoes and parsnips.

I left out many crops. Please refer to
http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312380/crop.htm for many more.

Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply

Mar 22, 2009, 11:05:20 AM3/22/09
lis...@privacy.net wrote:

> You forgot potatoes and parsnips.

Oh, I love parsnips. They are yummy! Potatoes are good, too!

Napoleon

Mar 22, 2009, 11:18:48 AM3/22/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:16:34 -0800, Devo <george...@humboldt1.com>
wrote:

>Sell the lawnmower. they really do pollute an awfully lot. Noisy too.
>Don't go to seed !

I'm replacing all my grass with ground cover. I hate mowing, it's a
waste of time and money.

There are so many ground covers out there, there's really no need for
grass. If you want a grassy-looking area you can always use moss.

-N
http://iguessineedajob.wordpress.com/

Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply

Mar 22, 2009, 11:45:51 PM3/22/09
wrote:

> Sell the lawnmower. they really do pollute an awfully lot. Noisy too.
> Don't go to seed !

We have an electric lawnmower.

Message has been deleted

Devo

Mar 24, 2009, 11:22:47 AM3/24/09
In article <49c653b0$0$95558$742e...@news.sonic.net>,
Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply <sam...@TRASHsonic.net>
wrote:

> lis...@privacy.net wrote:
> >
> > You forgot potatoes and parsnips.
>
> Oh, I love parsnips. They are yummy! Potatoes are good, too!

I plant potates in straw or spoiled hay on top of the sod and not only
do you get clean potatoes the sod has rotted into some fine soil.
No digging , no fertilizers ,no weeds. Just potatoes.
try it!

Rick B

Mar 24, 2009, 11:55:05 AM3/24/09

We put sheep and llamas on our lawn to trim it down all summer long.
They also eat all the dropped apples that we don't catch. This keeps
all the bugs down and such as well. I haven't used my lawnmower for
several years. I suppose I will need to do something with it
eventually.

Regards,

Rick Boesen
Olivet, MI
www.FiberArtFest.com
www.QuesoCabezaFarm.com

Message has been deleted

Rick B

Mar 24, 2009, 3:09:37 PM3/24/09
On Mar 24, 12:48 pm, josejar...@ssnet.net wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 07:22:47 -0800, in misc.consumers.frugal-living Devo <georgewks...@humboldt1.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <49c653b0$0$95558$742ec...@news.sonic.net>,
> > Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply <samh...@TRASHsonic.net>
> > wrote:

> >> Oh, I love parsnips.  They are yummy!  Potatoes are good, too!
>
> >I plant potatoes in straw or spoiled hay on top of the sod and not only

> >do you get clean potatoes the sod has rotted into some fine soil.
> >No digging , no fertilizers ,no weeds. Just potatoes.
> >try it!
>
> That is about how I do it.  I dig a trench and then put soil over the plants up the level of their lowest
> leaves until they blossom.  I wish I had some hay, that does sound like a good method.  I'm trying to get some
> manure somewhere but not having much luck.  I don't want to pay $20 a yard for mushroom compost.  Wal-mart has
> $3 bags of mushroom compost. I need to do the math.. how many cubic feet are in a cubic yard?

A cubic yard is 27 cubic feet. 3 x 3 x 3 = 27

We give our manure away if you come and pick it up. If we have to
haul it, there is a small fee to cover the gas.

Message has been deleted

Dennis

Mar 24, 2009, 4:35:57 PM3/24/09
On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:50:53 -0700, josej...@ssnet.net wrote:

> Now I seem to be living in a manure dessert.

Is that like a crap sunday?
Dennis (evil)

Message has been deleted