Dried up Wite-Out

1 view

DemoDisk

Nov 8, 2008, 11:50:45 PM11/8/08
Is there anything you can add to a bottle of thickened wite-out to
restore it? I know the stuff is cheap, but then so am I, and I'm
thinking it would be nice to use up the product instead of throwing the
damn stuff out one bottle after another.

and, yes, I really really try to put the cap on tightly every single
time.

meow...@care2.com

Nov 9, 2008, 4:57:53 AM11/9/08

Most is now water based, so water would do. Some is or was 1,1,1
trichloroethane based, and can be thinned with a wide range of
solvents. Put a blob of it on paper and add water to see if that
works.

NT

Al Bundy

Nov 9, 2008, 11:41:11 AM11/9/08

Before you do put the cap on, be sure to wipe the threads of the
container so the seal is better. Another trick might be to store the
bottle upside down. This causes any slight leak to be sealed.

Lou

Nov 9, 2008, 12:28:55 PM11/9/08

"DemoDisk" <pac...@nospam.com> wrote in message

It's been a long time since I used the stuff, but they used to sell white
out thinner precisely for this. Probably still do. I suppose next someone
will write in asking how to thin the thinner.

tween...@mypacks.net

Nov 9, 2008, 5:44:31 PM11/9/08
On Nov 8, 11:50 pm, "DemoDisk" <pack...@nospam.com> wrote:

I gave up on the stuff and use that Bic Wite-out correction Pen which
dispenses a fine of the white stuff from a ball tip. No fiddling with
that little brush or stuck together bottle and cap. The Bic covers
really well, too.

DemoDisk

Nov 10, 2008, 1:11:25 AM11/10/08

"Al Bundy" <MSfo...@mcpmail.com> wrote in message

??!! Brilliant! I'll try it.

DemoDisk

Nov 10, 2008, 1:13:13 AM11/10/08

"Lou" <lpo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "DemoDisk" <pac...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Is there anything you can add to a bottle of thickened wite-out to
> > restore it? I know the stuff is cheap, but then so am I, and I'm
> > thinking it would be nice to use up the product instead of throwing
the
> > damn stuff out one bottle after another.
> >
> > and, yes, I really really try to put the cap on tightly every single
> > time.
>
> It's been a long time since I used the stuff, but they used to sell
white
> out thinner precisely for this. Probably still do.

I do remember that, too.

> I suppose next someone
> will write in asking how to thin the thinner.

Probably me....; )

DemoDisk

Nov 10, 2008, 1:20:41 AM11/10/08

<tween...@mypacks.net> wrote in message

I tried one of those "pens" that applies wite out from a ribbon and
thought I was in heaven! It only cost ohh, three times as much.

Then the ribbon *broke*, and I wasted over an hour trying to *splice*
the thing! Gave up and fished my old Wite Out out of the wastebasket.

DemoDisk

Nov 10, 2008, 1:22:07 AM11/10/08

<meow...@care2.com> wrote in message

Thanx, NT, I'll test it.

tween...@mypacks.net

Nov 10, 2008, 8:32:41 PM11/10/08
On Nov 10, 1:20 am, "DemoDisk" <pack...@nospam.com> wrote:
> <tweeny90...@mypacks.net> wrote in message

The one I'm tawkin about is not a ribbon. It's just like a fine
point Sharpie pen. Yeah, the white ink takes a bit of time to dry,
but it covers nicely. I haven't had one dry out on me yet and '"ve
been using the same one for well over a year. Just be sure the cap is
on.

Zuke

Nov 12, 2008, 5:18:11 PM11/12/08

Making more mistakes should easily solve this problem.

I use the little guns you drag across the paper. Works pretty good
if you are just trying to get rid of typed stuff.

aine...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2008, 9:38:16 PM11/28/08
seriously i have no idea!!

xoxo,
aineecumi

neway, my secret to release tension is playing this game <a
href=http://www.gamestotal.com> http://www.gamestotal.com </a> <a
href=http://uc.gamestotal.com> http://uc.gamestotal.com </a> <a
href=http://gc.gamestotal.com> http://gc.gamestotal.com </a> <a
href=http://3700ad.gamestotal.com> http://3700ad.gamestotal.com </a>