Shampoos rated

aesthete8

Jul 7, 2009, 10:22:13 PM7/7/09

Rod Speed

Jul 7, 2009, 11:48:27 PM7/7/09
aesthete8 wrote:

> What do you think?:

That both shampoo and real poo is a complete waste of money.

I use normal soap instead.

> http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/the-best-drugstore-shampoos-479369/

Lee

Jul 8, 2009, 12:06:03 AM7/8/09
On Jul 7, 8:22 pm, aesthete8 <art...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you think?:
>
> http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/the-best-drugstore-shampoos-479...

I've been using Dawn dishwashing detergent since it first came on the
market so I have little tolerance for real shampoos or users of same.
It's big racket.

Hand soap on the other hand leaves much to be desired.

NT

Jul 8, 2009, 9:13:45 AM7/8/09
On Jul 8, 3:22 am, aesthete8 <art...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you think?:
>
> http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/the-best-drugstore-shampoos-479...

I recently tried a midrange shampoo after years of using my own
preparation, and my god it's dreadful.

I think the products listed on your ref are a remarkably high price
for what are consistently poor quality products.

NT

The Real Bev

Jul 8, 2009, 4:21:02 PM7/8/09
NT wrote:

I too use Dawn, but I prefer shampoo that smells good. The 99-Cents-Only Store
had some good strawberry-smelling stuff. Gone now, but there's apple-smelling
stuff in its place. I wash my hair once a week. At that rate I could buy the
most expensive stuff anybody makes and still not worry about the cost.

--
Cheers, Bev
"We're so far beyond fucked we couldn't even catch a bus

Message has been deleted

Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply

Jul 29, 2009, 10:45:12 AM7/29/09
Dan Birchall wrote:

> I'm a little confused by the nomenclature "drugstore shampoos," as I've
> never seen anyone shampoo a drugstore. Are there shampoos that _aren't_
> sold in drugstores? Are there stores that only sell shampoo? *baffled*

Yes, there are "designer shampoos" that are only sold in salons or
beauty-supply stores, etc., as opposed to the run-of-the-mill shampoos
sold in regular drugstores and Target and the like.

The Real Bev

Jul 29, 2009, 7:05:55 PM7/29/09
Dan Birchall wrote:

> I'm a little confused by the nomenclature "drugstore shampoos," as I've
> never seen anyone shampoo a drugstore. Are there shampoos that _aren't_
> sold in drugstores? Are there stores that only sell shampoo? *baffled*

They probably contrast "drugstore shampoo" with the more expensive "salon
shampoo". Those prices were ridiculous. I wash my hair once a week so a
bottle lasts forever and the actual cost is meaningless, but it's stupid to
waste even $2/year.

> Anyway, I note that a lot of the products on that list are brand-name,
> and most large drugstores do have store brands. So instead of paying $6
> for a bottle of the name brand, I'd expect to pay $3-4 for the same
> formula in a store-brand bottle.

Or 99 Cents at the 99-Cents-Only store. I used to use Dawn, but the cheap
strawberry shampoo smells better. When I use up the strawberry they'll have
different stuff, but that's OK -- they've always got SOMETHING that smells good.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level.

Message has been deleted