Re: Joys of riding bike on sidewalk

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Jun 10, 2011, 1:05:47 PM6/10/11
On Jun 10, 10:47 am, Frank Krygowski <frkry...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A video on the joys of bike lanes. (And on being ticketed for not
> using one.)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzE-IMaegzQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k00bEZJ0-E

It's not that I agree with it, but sometimes you gotta do what it
takes to survive.

One big issue I have against it is those drivers that ignore you
coming out of driveways or blocking the pedestrian x-ing at
intersections. Perhaps you should practice your BMX skills and jump
over the car.

The video says, "sidewalks are pedestrian deserts," which is true, but
sometimes you find one that won't move. The real challenge is when
both of you won't fit and must become a pedestrian yourself. Then you
start wondering if bicycling is worth it after all.

If you take it as "challenging path" though, you may start
experiencing the "joys of riding on sidewalk."

I'm back from one of those "joy rides"!

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Jun 10, 2011, 1:14:22 PM6/10/11
NOTE: The original title of this was 'THE JOYS OF BIKE LANES,' but me,
being a playful monkey, change it around:

'THE JOYS OF BIKE RIDING ON SIDEWALK'

Believe it or not, I was shocked to learn that many cyclists strongly
oppose bike lanes. Must be the "lions" of the bicycle culture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k00bEZJ0-E

Ask for it by name: