Unemployment benefits question

1 view

Kompu Kid

Nov 25, 2010, 2:37:13 AM11/25/10
Hello All:

A friend who had been unemployed for almost 20 moths, found contract
work.

Does she supposed to let the EDD (name of the unemployment office here
in California) know that she is making money?

She says just not returning the form EDD sends you with your last
check is enough...

Thanks,

Deguza

spendwize.com

Nov 25, 2010, 1:48:09 PM11/25/10
You must notify the agency whenever you earn any money. otherwise, at the
end of the year when she receives her 1099 or W-2 statement, which her
employer will submit to the goverment, she may have to repay some of the
unemployment!
xxxxo
-------------------------------------
Kompu Kid wrote:

> Hello All:

> Thanks,

> Deguza

Delivered via http://www.spendwize.com http://www.spendwize.com/groups/
Consumer News and Discussions Platform of the Net
misc.consumers.frugal-living - 41924 messages and counting!

Kompu Kid

Nov 25, 2010, 3:42:54 PM11/25/10
Even if she stopped collecting unemployment by not requesting checks?

Thanks,

Deguza

On Nov 25, 10:48 am, info_at_1-script_dot_...@foo.com (spendwize.com)
wrote:

> You must notify the agency whenever you earn any money. otherwise, at the
> end of the year when she receives her 1099 or W-2 statement, which her
> employer will submit to the goverment, she may have to repay some of the
> unemployment!
> xxxxo
> -------------------------------------
>
> Kompu Kid wrote:
> > Hello All:
> > A friend who had been unemployed for almost 20 moths, found contract
> > work.
> > Does she supposed to let the EDD (name of the unemployment office here
> > in California) know that she is making money?
> > She says  just not returning the form EDD sends you with your last
> > check is enough...
> > Thanks,
> > Deguza

> Delivered viahttp://www.spendwize.comhttp://www.spendwize.com/groups/

Message has been deleted

Kompu Kid

Nov 30, 2010, 1:39:29 PM11/30/10
She tried. She says she was put on hold for hours.

I'll tell her to do a search of the EDD web site.

Thanks