R.I.P. Dave Hitt

Dan

Dec 30, 2010, 2:44:24 AM12/30/10
I just got word that former MCFL poster from the late 1990's/early
2000's Dave Hitt passed away from Lung Cancer this morning. Let's all
have a moment of silence and take some time to share some memories and
pay respects to one of the most influential frugal living and smoking
advocates this group has ever known.

The Real Bev

Dec 30, 2010, 8:37:07 PM12/30/10

Sharp guy.

http://www.davehitt.com/

--
Ch rs, B v
=======================================

Message has been deleted

Hittman

Dec 31, 2010, 6:09:20 PM12/31/10

No, he didn't. I'm still around, and still growing strong. Just came
back from a long walk with the dog. He enjoyed chewing on a stick, I
enjoyed a La Gloria Cubana that had a couple of years on it.

The nature of the rumor makes me guess that it was started by some
Nicotine Nazi. Sorry, Spunky, I'll probably not only outlive you, but
enjoy my life a lot more.

The Real Bev

Jan 1, 2011, 11:51:21 PM1/1/11

Just for curious, why did you drop out of MCFL?

--
Cheers, Bev
They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't

Jeff Thies

Jan 5, 2011, 9:03:18 AM1/5/11
On 1/1/2011 11:51 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 12/31/10 15:09, Hittman wrote:
>
>> On Dec 30, 2:44 am, Dan<dtj1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> I just got word that former MCFL poster from the late 1990's/early
>>> 2000's Dave Hitt passed away from Lung Cancer this morning. Let's all
>>> have a moment of silence and take some time to share some memories and
>>> pay respects to one of the most influential frugal living and smoking
>>> advocates this group has ever known.
>>
>> No, he didn't. I'm still around, and still growing strong. Just came
>> back from a long walk with the dog. He enjoyed chewing on a stick, I
>> enjoyed a La Gloria Cubana that had a couple of years on it.
>>
>> The nature of the rumor makes me guess that it was started by some
>> Nicotine Nazi. Sorry, Spunky, I'll probably not only outlive you, but
>> enjoy my life a lot more.
>
> Just for curious, why did you drop out of MCFL?

Hmmm, no response. Maybe he died again.

Jeff

Hittman

Jan 9, 2011, 9:46:38 PM1/9/11

I just gave up on usenet in general a long time ago. What wasn't spam
and flamers was repetitious. I still hang out in various forums,
Facebook, and of course, on davehitt.com. Stop by and/or drop me a
line.