Does waiting for Jesus mean doing nothing?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jul 13, 2010, 6:30:24 PM7/13/10
Most Christians swear Jesus is "coming soon," which implies that they
don't have to worry about this mundane world...

What are they supposed to do about the pressing issues of the world,
like POPULATION CONTROL or POLLUTION CONTROL?

Well, same Christians deny we have a problem, so what is a sane person
to do? Makes sense I insist to ride a bicycle?

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Only Christians can dismiss the bike"

http://webspawner.com/users/BIKEFORPEACE

dgk

Jul 14, 2010, 11:02:40 AM7/14/10
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:30:24 -0700 (PDT), "His Highness the
TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock"
<comandan...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Worse still is that Christian loonies are in the military and believe
that armageddon is a good thing. No insult meant to the good folks,
Christian and not, who believe in taking care of this planet.

http://www.truth-out.org/no-dominion-the-lonely-dangerous-fight-against-christian-supremacists-inside-armed-forces61214

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jul 14, 2010, 11:34:03 AM7/14/10
> http://www.truth-out.org/no-dominion-the-lonely-dangerous-fight-again...

There's some quotation very fitting here...

"What worries me is not the violence of the few, but the indifference
of the many" -ML King

Opus

Jul 15, 2010, 11:19:11 AM7/15/10
On Jul 14, 10:02 am, dgk <d...@somewhere.com> wrote:

> Worse still is that Christian loonies are in the military and believe
> that armageddon is a good thing. No insult meant to the good folks,
> Christian and not, who believe in taking care of this planet.

The main reason I became Pagan was there were a growing number of the
people in the local church that were stopping by my gas station (where
I was working) and telling me when they weren't telling me I was going
to Hell that if we didn't turn the world to a smoking ember before
th4e Second Coming, that is if there were any natural resources we
hadn't used, that God would be pissed we hadn't used all of His gifts
to us and nobody would go to Heaven.

I'm not sure what you would call this theology (batshit insane
consumptionist?), but I could find nothing in either my KJ or NSV
Bibles that had anything to correlate to it. I heard it pretty
frequently during the 1990s, not as much lately but there are still a
large number of them out there.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jul 15, 2010, 11:28:54 AM7/15/10

Wow, amazing argument. Never heard of it but many seem to practice it.

I know SOMETHING is blocking us from grasping the importance of
PREVENTION by assuming personal instead of waiting for Jesus.

One Christian that came to my house went berserk when the possibility
of Climate Change came up. They probably think it's all a conspiracy.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jul 15, 2010, 12:30:59 PM7/15/10
This Truth will not make you "loved" by the Christians or most other
believers, but it will probably make you "free." From this we can
probably gather why Christians go berserk upon mention of Climate
Change and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, such as riding a bike...

'I was raised a christian and confirmed a Catholic. I have read the
bible from cover to cover, unlike so many others who refer to the
bible as truth and "gospel" despite never doing the same; and, despite
their not knowing who (more than one person) wrote all these fables it
contains. I have been told all these years to respect all religions,
despite no respect ever being given my beliefs. The truth is that it
is impossible to respect more than one religion, if any at all,
because each religion inherently states it is the one true religion;
which is inherently disrespectful to all others. The truth is
religion is nothing more than a collective bunch of rules and customs
manifesting a philosophical belief shared by a group of people. That
said, I proscribe to the philosophy of "reality." Reality being truth
as humanly possible to be perceived and discovered.

The truth is religion retards science. Religion slows and many times
stalls and even reverses science and progress. Call it fear,
ignorance or the refusal to give up the power a particular religion
holds in world politics, social class, and society in general,
religion does its best, by its very nature, to keep us all in the
dark; to keep us from discovering the truth.'

http://hubpages.com/hub/Religion_is_bad

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jul 15, 2010, 1:22:30 PM7/15/10
"At least from my position in the food chain, we are in dire need of a
surge in simplicity, critical thinking and productive labor."

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Analysis/2010/07/15/Outside-View-Cynical-thoughts-about-Afghanistan/UPI-11561279189080/

No, it's not another deep quotation of mine, where I use the jungle as
a metaphor, just an assessment of the war in Afghanistan.

Where are is that "simplicity, critical thinking and productive labor"
put to work in our society? Around here they have made A WASTEFUL
MIXED FACILITY THAT GOES FOR ONE MILE while we are denied space for
bikes on our roads... Talk about SIMPLICITY and all the other stuff.

No wonder the war in Afghanistan is going down the drain as corruption
goes up.

Jul 15, 2010, 7:08:28 PM7/15/10

"Opus" <opust...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Jul 14, 10:02 am, dgk <d...@somewhere.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure what you would call this theology (batshit insane
>consumptionist?)

I believe "Batshit Insane" is the technical name for most doG-based
theologies. The "consumptionist" is one type, and there are, unfortunately,
many others.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jul 16, 2010, 4:37:25 PM7/16/10
On Jul 16, 3:37 pm, Lefty <gn779...@cox.net> wrote:
> On 7/16/2010 10:19 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
>
> Movement of Tantra-Hammock wrote:
> > On Jul 16, 10:00 am, Lefty<gn779...@cox.net> wrote:
> >> On 7/15/2010 5:14 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
>
> >> God does exist, and I say that as an atheist.
>
> > I think you are more of a living contradiction than the Christians.
>
> That would be you. Being an atheist is a belief that there is no god. It
> does not require a declaration that god is impossible.
>
> Being a Christian requires a belief in god and jesus christ. It does not
> require proof that god exists and that jesus was his son.
>
> See the similarity? You're a fundamentalist atheist. You're just the
> same as the mullahs in Iran.

I just believe in reality. A hardcore atheist would try to eradicate
religion. I don't. I just want to mitigate its effects: WARS,
INDIFFERENCE & LIES.

> > Coming out of the closet as a Christian is not that bad. ;)
>
> I'm not a Christian. I'm an atheist. I'm just not a fundamentalist.

If I saw a remote possibility of a supreme creator, I'd probably
change my camp.