Is There A Store From Which I Can Buy an HP psc 1210v all-in-one printer? My PC won't accept a wireless printer!

Richie

Jul 16, 2012, 1:36:39 PM7/16/12
My HP PC (a6000n), purchased in 2007, doesn't "recognize" HP wireless
printers, such as an Officejet 4500. So I can't connect the two
items.

I suspect that floundering HP intentionally made wireless printers
INCOMPATIBLE with older model PCs -- to try to force people to buy new
PCs?

What do you think?

terrable

Jul 16, 2012, 2:06:01 PM7/16/12

"Richie" <kin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
74 used HP PSC 1210V printers are for sale on Ebay.

Dan

Jul 16, 2012, 3:54:37 PM7/16/12
I think we need more information. Since WiFi is not an HP proprietary
protocol it's going to very hard for them to make some devices
"incompatible" with some devices and not others.

1. Can we assume you're using a wireless router?
2. Do you have WEP or MAC authorization enabled on it?
3. Do other wireless devices work?
4. Did you check HPs web site for troubleshooting help?

/dan

Gordon Burditt

Jul 16, 2012, 5:41:13 PM7/16/12
> My HP PC (a6000n), purchased in 2007, doesn't "recognize" HP wireless
> printers, such as an Officejet 4500. So I can't connect the two
> items.

Your PC model doesn't *HAVE* wireless as you purchased it.
Did you add a wireless router? What model? Does it work with any
other wireless devices?

> I suspect that floundering HP intentionally made wireless printers
> INCOMPATIBLE with older model PCs -- to try to force people to buy new
> PCs?

I suspect you forgot to buy a wireless router, or forgot to
connect it.

k...@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz

Jul 16, 2012, 9:34:02 PM7/16/12
My laptop is incompatible with my cell phone, well sorta. The laptop doesn't
support WPA-2 and the cell phone only does WPA-2. ...or nothing. So if I
want to use the laptop (with the phone) I have to go naked.

bob haller

Jul 17, 2012, 6:44:13 AM7/17/12
my kodak wireless printer has a ethernet port.for direct plug in operations.

kodaks ink is far less expensive than HP..

Michael Black

Jul 17, 2012, 8:32:31 AM7/17/12
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, bob haller wrote:

> my kodak wireless printer has a ethernet port.for direct plug in operations.

I am surprised a printer only does wifi.

I dragged home a cute little laser printer in June, one of three I saw
that week, and initially (and because of this thread or the one before) I
assumed it was wifi only. Then I looked, and saw a cover on the side.
Removing that shows a USB port, you bring the cable out through a small
opening and then put the cover back on. I'm not sure the point of it all
when you have the USB cable coming out the front of the printer. So
perhaps the issue is someone hasn't looked properly for the USB cable.

Michael

terrable

Jul 17, 2012, 12:28:43 PM7/17/12

"Richie" <kin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
The Officejet 4500 has a USB 2.0 connection.

Have you installed the drivers and tried hooking it up using a USB 2.0
cable?

The Real Bev

Jul 18, 2012, 3:12:26 PM7/18/12
On 07/17/2012 03:44 AM, bob haller wrote:

> my kodak wireless printer has a ethernet port.for direct plug in operations.
>
> kodaks ink is far less expensive than HP..

And laser-printer toner is cheaper than that. I bought a $80 Brother
laser printer several years ago and just ran out of toner. Bought a new
bigger cartridge for $21 via buy.com. That should hold me for a while.

Do you REALLY need to print in color?

--
Cheers,
Bev

Rod Speed

Jul 22, 2012, 2:29:59 AM7/22/12
Richie <kin...@yahoo.com> wrote
That that's just another mindless conspiracy theory.

HP is absolutely notorious for not bothering to support
new drivers for their older printers as OSs upgrade etc.