Re: How it Is

The Real Bev

Nov 17, 2015, 7:34:21 PM11/17/15
On 11/17/2015 08:11 AM, Derald wrote:
> The question was, "What's the point of designating a 'preferred'
> store if a person cannot determine whether an item actually is _in
> stock_ and available for purchase at the 'preferred' store?", or
> something close.
>
> The reply is:
>> Thank you for choosing Best Buy.
>>
>> I understand that you'd like to know how to find out if an item is
>> in stock at your local Best Buy store. I'll be happy to assist you
>> with that.
>>
>> With regard to know the availability of a product that you may
>> purchase, I humbly suggest you to contact your nearest local Best
>> Buy store or you may check on the website and input your zip code
>> for the availability of the item that.
>>
>> You also have two options to receive your order, you could have it
>> for in store pick up or ship to home delivery.
>
> The obvious question then becomes, "What is the point of the web
> site?" ...sigh: It ain't gonna get any better, y'all.

Their web site is pretty user-hostile, requiring multiple logins
sometimes. OTOH, They're right across the street, their sale prices are
good, and since I use their '2% back on everything' credit card I'm a
silver (I think) member and get 5%-6% back on BB purchases, free
expedited shipping and additional return options. Not to mention being
able to buy black friday stuff on
line the day before.

Even if somebody in the store says they have it, they may not. It may
have been stolen, set aside for a friend of one of the employees, or
just misplaced.

--
Cheers, Bev
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Nyssa

Nov 18, 2015, 9:43:32 AM11/18/15
And any of those scenarios would still have the database
showing the item is in stock, even when it really isn't.

It's no different than the olden days when you'd pick up
the telephone and call the store to ask if <whatever> is
in stock. A crap shoot to whether you'd get someone at
the other end who actually understands the question and
knows what the store currently has available.

The high tech world of the web just means you don't have
to interact with a "real" person to get your non-answer.

Bev, I'm glad you've had good luck with Best Buy because
I've had the exact opposite experience to the point I
only stop in if I have a gift card from Christmas to use,
then I still have trouble actually finding something I
want or can use. And asking questions of the staff is
useless; I've found I usually know more about the stuff
than they do.

Nyssa, who still has about 78 cents left on last year's
gift card since she hasn't been back to the store since
January

The Real Bev

Nov 18, 2015, 6:23:47 PM11/18/15
We generally only buy stuff that's on sale there and we already know
what we want. Some of the staff are competent and some are not, just
like everywhere else. Ease of return, if necessary, is a big plus.
Fry's has generally lower prices, but a high percentage of their stuff
has to be returned -- at the cost of a couple of gallons of gas and at
least an hour of time. Best Buy's stuff rarely needs to be returned.

> Nyssa, who still has about 78 cents left on last year's
> gift card since she hasn't been back to the store since
> January

Every once in a while they send me a GC for $5, good on something that
costs $5 or more before tax. Since a lot of stuff costs $4.99 (gee, do
you think they planned it that way?) it's frequently hard to find
something to use it for. Last two gave me $5 off a $10 T-Mobile refill
card, so that gives us the next year of cell service for half price.
Not complaining at all.

--
Cheers, Bev
"The fact that windows is one of the most popular ways to