If Europe knew about the TibetanMonkey, there would be no riots!

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 29, 2010, 1:51:21 PM9/29/10
(This is the way to survive a regular crisis in the capitalist jungle
without losing control. At least we should be able to come out the
cage and ride a bike, right?)

That's because the Wisdom of the TibetanMonkey is all about austerity,
not consumerism, meaning you can be happy with peanuts. Look at what
the unwise monkeys are doing in Europe...

"Anti-austerity protests sweep across Europe"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100929/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_europe_austerity_protests

Electricity costs? Dump the large screen TV and get a bunch of
parakeets or a mouse to entertain you. Transportation costs? Ride a
bike! Too hot? Get a hammock. Too cold? Get a girlfriend, if you
already don't have one. Can't get a girlfriend? Masturbate for peace!

I may have to go and lecture there. What's the going rate for the
Dalai Lama to give speeches?

"Praying for prosperity won't help. Only wisdom can bring inner peace"

http://webspawner.com/users/MASTURBATIONFORPEACE

Forrest Hodge

Sep 29, 2010, 7:47:19 PM9/29/10
On 9/29/2010 1:51 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of

Or they could just have a more realistic sense of entitlement.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 29, 2010, 9:07:01 PM9/29/10
On Sep 29, 4:47 pm, Forrest Hodge <f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/29/2010 1:51 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of
>

> the Jungle wrote:
> > (This is the way to survive a regular crisis in the capitalist jungle
> > without losing control. At least we should be able to come out the
> > cage and ride a bike, right?)
>
> > That's because the Wisdom of the TibetanMonkey is all about austerity,
> > not consumerism, meaning you can be happy with peanuts. Look at what
> > the unwise monkeys are doing in Europe...
>
> > "Anti-austerity protests sweep across Europe"
>
> >http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100929/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_europe_austerity_p...

> > Electricity costs? Dump the large screen TV and get a bunch of
> > parakeets or a mouse to entertain you. Transportation costs? Ride a
> > bike! Too hot? Get a hammock. Too cold? Get a girlfriend, if you
> > already don't have one. Can't get a girlfriend? Masturbate for peace!
>
> > I may have to go and lecture there. What's the going rate for the
> > Dalai Lama to give speeches?

> > "Praying for prosperity won't help. Only wisdom can bring inner peace"
>
> >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> >http://webspawner.com/users/MASTURBATIONFORPEACE
>
> Or they could just have a more realistic sense of entitlement.

Americans would riot over gas taxes where they riot over retirement
age. If there were riots against chaotic traffic, you could count me
in. ;)

Forrest Hodge

Sep 29, 2010, 10:01:37 PM9/29/10
On 9/29/2010 9:07 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of
the Jungle wrote:
> On Sep 29, 4:47 pm, Forrest Hodge<f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/29/2010 1:51 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey& the Spirits of

Keep in mind the gas prices in Europe are artificially high due to
taxes. The wholesale price of a barrel of crude is about the same
everywhere in the world. As for retirement age, it's not the
government's job to finance your retirement, it's your personal
responsibility. I know social security won't be around when it's time
for me to call it quits. I've had a retirement fund setup for myself
since I was 20.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 29, 2010, 10:23:22 PM9/29/10

I thought they were kept artificially low here. Anyway we need to
downsize our cars and consumption.

Forrest Hodge

Sep 30, 2010, 4:36:37 PM9/30/10
On 9/29/2010 10:23 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of
the Jungle wrote:
> On Sep 29, 7:01 pm, Forrest Hodge<f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/29/2010 9:07 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey& the Spirits of

Fuel is taxed here, but at a considerably lower rate than it is across
the pond. In some countries, mostly those with vast oil reserves, oil is
heavily subsidized though, but not in the U.S. As for the downsizing of
our cars. What vehicle someone chooses to drive is up to them. Let the
free market dictate what kind of cars are produced. If people want small
cars with that get great fuel mileage, then the automakers will make them.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Oct 1, 2010, 8:56:58 AM10/1/10

Let the "free markets," ADVERTISING and the FEAR OF ACCIDENTS dictate
what car you drive, ie. you better buy an SUV to look good and survive
accidents with other SUVs.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Oct 1, 2010, 11:44:39 AM10/1/10

(This is to modern revolution what 'Das Kapital' was to the
International. Let's call it 'Das Banana')

On Oct 1, 3:49 am, TLC <tlc.tere...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course, it's a class struggle. When the monkeys at the top of the
> tree decide that those on the lowest branches must lose weight, so the
> top monkeys can accumulate more banana's to pay each other off.
>
> Too long capitalism has had it all its own way. Its owned and tame
> media has perpetuated the Big Lie that cutbacks and job losses are the
> only answer to capitalisms crisis.

I call it the Big Li-on, very hungry and tricky beast! ;)

> From Lisbon to Helsinki trade unionists rallied against a ruling class
> offensive almost unparalleled in recent history, conducted by national
> government in the case of Britain, by the International Monetary Fund
> and the European Union in other places, but always with the same
> intention - that of making working people pay for the bankers' errors
> and the governments' complaisance.
>
> Most of the British news forgot to mention that in Brussels there were
> also British workers and there were banners and flags prominent from
> RMT, PCS, NUT, TSSA, CWU, Napo, Unite and Usdaw unions and a anti-
> austerity British contingent saying, NO To Austerity.
>
> RMT leader Bob Crow said, "Workers across Europe face the same threat
> to jobs, public services and pensions, and that threat originates from
> exactly the same source, the centralised banks and the political elite
> who do their bidding,"

One strategy of the Lion though is to get the monkeys fat, which in
the very bad in times of crisis. The wise monkey is always lean (say
RIDING A BIKE), but the Lion tries to keep him from doing so.

The monkeys of the East embraced capitalism with a passion... Little
did they know that the Lion of West is still there as much as the Lion
of the East. CAPITALISM (THE JUNGLE) HAS BEEN GLORIFIED IN THE LAST 20
YEARS AS THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION FOR HAPPINESS, ignoring that that the
beast must be constantly fed.

Will he have to eat the banana and not the monkey?

This comes quite handy here...

Bananas and the Revolution
Peter Schata
There is a long political history behind bananas becoming the fifth
most important food commodity in the world. They were one of the first
products where no expense was spared to create world markets for this
unmistakable fruit, turning whole countries over to banana production,
with stooge dictators controlled by the USA, in what aptly became
known as 'the banana republics'. Half a century after the big
Hollywood-style banana campaigns, the banana reflects ever more
clearly a world economic system concerned only with the kind of
'growth' that means control of the markets and massive profits. What
happens to the environment or to the people, who produce and consume
the fruit of such intentions, appears to be irrelevant.

In our democracies there is little self-determination, and we only
need to look at poverty and unemployment in Europe as well, to raise
doubts as to what is meant by 'free trade'. Such distortions of
language that hoodwink millions of people into accepting their lot,
need to be challenged and overturned. New language means new ideas,
new concepts. This is the revolution. We are this revolution!

Such a revolution is especially important if we are to find ways to
shift from the current forms of egocentric globalization to a global
society that recognizes the actual interrelatedness of all human
beings as well as our interconnectedness with the planet that supports
us.

Forrest Hodge

Oct 1, 2010, 4:49:16 PM10/1/10
On 10/1/2010 8:56 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of
the Jungle wrote:
> On Sep 30, 1:36 pm, Forrest Hodge<f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 9/29/2010 10:23 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey& the Spirits of

My daily driver isn't an SUV, it's a 400+ HP 2 door car. I do have an
SUV, but it's purpose is to tow my tows around, it's also 15 years old
and has over 270k miles on it. I think my SUV looks good as they no
longer make a 2 door full-sized SUV, but my daily driver looks better
IMHO. I'm really unconcerned about the safety aspect of it, since I
drive it so seldomly. Funnily enough neither vehicle gets particularly
good fuel economy. The SUV gets about 9-12 MPG and the car gets about
18-22 MPG if I drive conservatively.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Oct 2, 2010, 2:56:20 PM10/2/10

To be deduced from your viewpoints.

However you can still own filthy vehicles and have a good footprint if
you ride instead of driving, say, 70% of the time.

I could get that high if the roads around me weren't "no man's land."

Forrest Hodge

Oct 3, 2010, 3:07:51 PM10/3/10
On 10/2/2010 2:56 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of
the Jungle wrote:
> On Oct 1, 1:49 pm, Forrest Hodge<f...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/1/2010 8:56 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey& the Spirits of

Thing is I don't ride 70% of the time. It's simply not practical for me.
I also don't care too much about emissions (neither vehicle has
catalytic converters on them, and there's no emissions testing where I
live either). I ride for pleasure and exercise only.

also there's a typo it should read " I'm *not* really unconcerned about
the safety aspect of it.." sorry for any confusion.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Oct 3, 2010, 8:19:28 PM10/3/10

I respect your input, but the point is that we need to emphasize
practical cycling instead of cycling for pleasure or fitness. Funny
they called the SUV an utility vehicle when it's totally unnecessary.