Quality Mexican Dental Care?

Lamumba

Mar 8, 2011, 6:01:07 PM3/8/11
any suggestions? hints? costs?
I've been disappointed with the prices/ work done here.
What about T.J. ?
--
Karma, What a concept!

The Real Bev

Mar 8, 2011, 6:43:49 PM3/8/11
On 03/08/11 15:01, Lamumba wrote:

> any suggestions? hints? costs?
> I've been disappointed with the prices/ work done here.

We (four of us) had a lot of work done in Algodones, just south of Yuma.
The whole town is devoted to dental work and optometry. I selected
our dentist based on his response to email I sent to the ones with email
addresses, but my brother-in-law had good results by walking around town
and asking everybody if they could do a crown on a front tooth the same
day. (Yes, for ~$100). The guy we went to had modern equipment
(digital xrays, hi-speed drills, etc.). We went in August to avoid the
onslaught of snowbirds and the town was nearly deserted. We got a lot
of work done in 5 days, including crowns and implants. Implants needed
a return trip 6 months or so later, of course.

Sister-in-law, who told us about Algodones, has also gone to Tecate with
good results.

> What about T.J. ?

Plastic surgery is hot (we were happy with what we had done, but if you
have problems with anaesthesia find out how to solve them BEFORE you
go), and dentistry is apparently growing. The place looks VERY
different from when we were there before, maybe 30 years ago. They have
real hospitals, a Costco, lots of new car dealerships, lots of new
buildings, and quite a bit of squalor. The TJ River, cement-lined like
and wider than the LA River, with a tiny channel down the middle, stinks
to high heaven and is probably an open sewer.

--
Cheers, Bev
Non illegitimi carborundum.