User Manuals

Gary Sokolisch

Feb 6, 2011, 5:54:04 PM2/6/11
Why the fuck don't the manufacturers of electronic devices provide adequate
hard copy documentation of their products? So I got this new printer and
there was no place to plug in the power and USB cords on the product.
Luckily, my significant other showed me that I had laid the printer down on
the table incorrectly and I was trying to find receptacles on the bottom of
the printer rather than the back. But then the damn thing wouldn't work
when he and I finally set it down properly. There was a piece of orange
plastic deep inside the cavity where the drum resides and this needed to be
removed.

The user manual said nothing about any of this. It was written in Vietnam,
probably by a former Viet Cong for all I know.

The Real Bev

Feb 6, 2011, 8:17:08 PM2/6/11
On 02/06/11 14:54, Gary Sokolisch wrote:

> Why the fuck don't the manufacturers of electronic devices provide
> adequate hard copy documentation of their products?

Probably because people don't read it :-( When there IS a little
brochure it's always of the 'quick start' variety, with the real manual
(such as it is) on either a CD or the manufacturer's website.

> So I got this new printer and there was no place to plug in the power
> and USB cords on the product. Luckily, my significant other showed me
> that I had laid the printer down on the table incorrectly and I was
> trying to find receptacles on the bottom of the printer rather than
> the back.

:-)

> But then the damn thing wouldn't work when he and I finally set it
> down properly. There was a piece of orange plastic deep inside the
> cavity where the drum resides and this needed to be removed.

Definitely should have been an instruction about that.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Don't bother looking for that key. There is no Esc."

Windswept@home

Feb 6, 2011, 8:50:46 PM2/6/11
The Real Bev <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote in

> On 02/06/11 14:54, Gary Sokolisch wrote:
>
>> Why the fuck don't the manufacturers of electronic devices provide
>> adequate hard copy documentation of their products?
>
> Probably because people don't read it :-( When there IS a little
> brochure it's always of the 'quick start' variety, with the real manual
> (such as it is) on either a CD or the manufacturer's website.
>
>> So I got this new printer and there was no place to plug in the power
>> and USB cords on the product. Luckily, my significant other showed me
>> that I had laid the printer down on the table incorrectly and I was
>> trying to find receptacles on the bottom of the printer rather than
>> the back.
>
>:-)
>
>> But then the damn thing wouldn't work when he and I finally set it
>> down properly. There was a piece of orange plastic deep inside the
>> cavity where the drum resides and this needed to be removed.
>
> Definitely should have been an instruction about that.
>
>> The user manual said nothing about any of this. It was written in
>> Vietnam, probably by a former Viet Cong for all I know.

Congratulations, Bev. You've just responded to a spammer and troll who is
also one of resident psychopaths and gutter turds that resides in the
alt.social-security-disability cesspool.

The Real Bev

Feb 6, 2011, 9:17:43 PM2/6/11
On 02/06/11 17:50, Windswept@Home. wrote:

Who knew?

--
Cheers, Bev
A spokesperson for 60s band 'the animals' has today made a

Rod Speed

Feb 6, 2011, 10:34:30 PM2/6/11
Gary Sokolisch wrote

> Why the fuck don't the manufacturers of electronic devices
> provide adequate hard copy documentation of their products?

Because its so trivial to get it in hard copy form if you are that much of a dinosaur.

I prefer electronic manuals because they are searchable and much cheaper too.

> So I got this new printer and there was no place
> to plug in the power and USB cords on the product.

And the electronic manual would have told you where to plug them in.

And even someone as stupid as you should have realised
that there has to be somewhere to plug power in and you
should have looked that surface you couldnt currently see etc.

> Luckily, my significant other showed me that I had laid the
> printer down on the table incorrectly and I was trying to find
> receptacles on the bottom of the printer rather than the back.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you actually are that stupid.

> But then the damn thing wouldn't work when he and I finally set it
> down properly. There was a piece of orange plastic deep inside
> the cavity where the drum resides and this needed to be removed.

Almost all printers have something like that and
usually have a quickstart guide included too.

Even if someone has returned that printer and had keep the quick
start guide, you could have downloaded that if you actually had a clue.

> The user manual said nothing about any of this.

Bet the quick start guide does.

Which printer is it exactly ?

> It was written in Vietnam, probably by a former Viet Cong for all I know.

Yeah, yeah, its all a plot shaft every american they can.

Very easy when they are as stupid as you.

Phil

Feb 10, 2011, 11:21:59 PM2/10/11

Yeah Sure!

Any 5 year old could set up a new printer.....without a user manual.
GEEEEEZ there are some stupid people posting here!

George

Feb 11, 2011, 10:20:28 AM2/11/11
The use of juvenile foul language would be the first extremely obvious
flag...