Possible to refurbish eyeglass frames

m...@privacy.net

Feb 21, 2011, 12:39:27 PM2/21/11
My eyeglass frames are pretty old yet I still like them
as they are made of titanium and take abuse well. An
still stylish

The only problem is the hard plastic coating at the ear
pieces is breaking and flaking off.

Instead of new frames.... where can I take my current
frames and have them refurbished by coating the
earpieces with new plastic? Is that even possible?

Mrs Irish Mike

Feb 21, 2011, 1:21:35 PM2/21/11

m...@privacy.net

Feb 21, 2011, 3:20:24 PM2/21/11
Mrs Irish Mike <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote:

thanks

yeah I could have Goggled it but sometimes getting real
peoples experience is good too

Rod Speed

Feb 21, 2011, 3:48:22 PM2/21/11
m...@privacy.net wrote:

> My eyeglass frames are pretty old yet I still like them as they
> are made of titanium and take abuse well. An still stylish

Yeah, mine too, tho I doubt the metal is titanium, dont recall that it was.

And mine are by far the most comfortable I have ever
had too, and I have two pairs of the same frame too.

> The only problem is the hard plastic coating
> at the ear pieces is breaking and flaking off.

Dont have that problem with mine.

> Instead of new frames.... where can I take my current
> frames and have them refurbished by coating the
> earpieces with new plastic? Is that even possible?

It must be possible because they were clearly made that way initially.

You should be able to superglue the pieces, tho thats not as good as new plastic.

Havent noticed anyone offering to do new plastic.

You might try posting in the modelling groups, maybe
some of the modeling has something similar somewhere.

m...@privacy.net

Feb 21, 2011, 6:03:03 PM2/21/11
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Havent noticed anyone offering to do new plastic.
>
>You might try posting in the modelling groups, maybe
>some of the modeling has something similar somewhere.

good idea on the model newsgroups

will ask over there

thanks rod

Jeff

Feb 22, 2011, 12:42:58 AM2/22/11
m...@privacy.net wrote in news:bl85m65ba0to73mc7...@4ax.com:

When that happened to my frames I painted clear nail polish on them.