frug home security system

mwm314

Oct 8, 2015, 1:54:16 AM10/8/15
Where can one get a deal on a home security system including installation?

wilm...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2015, 2:07:21 AM10/8/15
On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 10:54:16 PM UTC-7, mwm314 wrote:
> Where can one get a deal on a home security system including installation?

Humane Society.

John Weiss

Oct 8, 2015, 1:14:47 PM10/8/15
mwm314 wrote:

> Where can one get a deal on a home security system including
> installation?

ADT is trying to get into homes almost everywhere. I prefer Protection
One, though.

21bla...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2015, 3:03:20 PM10/8/15
security systems are a waste of time/money IMHO
i would focus on Deterrence.
What's more important to you,
getting a burglar's photo, with a Hidden camera,
or making him Think he's being photographed, and likely to move on?

i've mounted a couple of these [with a hot glue gun]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UKV5YDW?keywords=security%20light&qid=1444330415&ref_=sr_1_5&s=security-surveillance&sr=1-5

i like them,
but you do have to replace batteries every month or two
[rechargeable's might be ok]

marc

wilm...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2015, 5:59:51 PM10/8/15
On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 10:14:47 AM UTC-7, John Weiss wrote:
Nothing says, I have stuff worth stealing, like a home security system. Unless it is an NRA sticker.

tra...@optonline.net

Oct 9, 2015, 1:22:01 PM10/9/15
On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 1:54:16 AM UTC-4, mwm314 wrote:
> Where can one get a deal on a home security system including installation?

It's kind of like asking where can I get a deal on a vehicle?
As someone pointed out, ADT and similar have "deals" all the time.
Like $100 for the system with a small number of doors/windows
included and then $40 a month for God knows how many years for
the monitoring service. More doors and windows, they charge extra
for the installation.

The choices range from that to a DIY system with monitoring by
one of the low cost alarm monitoring companies for $10 a month.
You can buy equipment that is as good as what ADT would put in
on the internet for a few hundred bucks, assuming you know how
to put install it, which typically isn't easy in most houses
that are already built.

Along the way are questions like:

A wired home security system protecting all doors, windows, etc?
Or a DIY box that just monitors an area with maybe some wireless detectors?
How many sensors, motion detectors, fire detectors, etc?
Monitored or not?
Monitored via analog phone, internet or cell link?

As other suggested, the first question is do you really need/want one?
I've had them over the years. Never had an instance where I know it
went off due to an intruder. You do wind up with false alarms, the
police called, etc. Some places the cops now charge for more than
one or two false trips a year. All things to consider.

Shoe-Chucker 2

Nov 20, 2015, 11:01:00 AM11/20/15
In article <710e813c-24eb-4e72...@googlegroups.com>,
21bla...@gmail.com wrote:

> > Where can one get a deal on a home security system including
> > > installation?

Rex Roberts wrote a book "Your Engineered House"
He suggested outside doors that swing out. being supported all the way
around with the jamb. Impossible to kick in.
and as for windows. he designed a system that , instead of opening
windows, costly, he used air doors. small openings near the ceiling to
control air exchanges. and screened for bugs. why you can even leave
them open in a rain storm.
Good luck !
--
Karma ; what a concept!