Re: "Why Are 15 Million Americans Unemployed When 8.3 Million Illegals Have Jobs?"

martin

Sep 26, 2009, 8:08:44 AM9/26/09
On Sep 25, 9:32 pm, "GWashingtonFan" <GWashingtonFan_USA> wrote:
> [...]
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>    A free people ought not only to be armed and
>    disciplined, but they should have sufficient
>    arms and ammunition to maintain a status of
>    independence from any who might attempt to
>    abuse them, which would include their own
>    government."
> -- George Washington
>
>   No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   If the freedom of speech is taken away then
>   dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep, to
>   the slaughter.
>   -- George Washington
>
>   When governments fear the people there is liberty.
>   When the people fear the government there is tyranny.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a
>    standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed
>    populace.
>     -- James Madison
>
>   If the representatives of the people betray
>   their constituents, there is then no resource
>   left but in the exertion of that original
>   right of self-defense which is paramount to
>   all positive forms of government ... The
>   citizens must rush tumultuously to arms,
>   without concert, without system, without
>   resource; except in their courage and despair
>   ... The natural strength of the people in a
>   large community, in proportion to the artificial
>   strength of the government, is greater than in a
>   small ... the people, without exaggeration, may
>   be said to be entirely the masters of their own fate.
>   -- Alexander Hamilton
>
>   We in America do not have government by the majority.
>   We have government by the majority who participate.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people
>   of good conscience to remain silent.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   Every government degenerates when trusted to the
>   rulers of the people alone. The people themselves
>   are its only safe depositories.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   As our enemies have found we can reason like men,
>   so now let us show them we can fight like men also.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act!
>   Action will delineate and define you.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   Merchants have no country. The mere spot they
>   stand on does not constitute so strong an
>   attachment as that from which they draw their gains.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy
>   of our monied corporations which dare already to
>   challenge our government to a trial by strength,
>   and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   I believe that banking institutions are more
>   dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
>   -- Thomas Jefferson
>
>   Experience hath shewn, that even under the best
>   forms of government those entrusted with power
>   have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted

Deportation of all illegal aliens would unleash an economic boom.

tt

http://.www.numbersusa.com/ NumbersUSA

zzbu...@netscape.net

Sep 26, 2009, 9:28:44 AM9/26/09

Well, one reason is that the Wall Street bozos have alreadty proven
that the only jobs they're interested in is Ivan Boesky ass-
kissers.
And since the only people really interesed in kissing Ivan Boesky's
ass
is Fox News, the people with non-shit-for brains have moved onto
have already moved onto the 21st Century, Post GM-nomics,
Electronic Books, HDTV, On-Line Publishing,
GPS, Phalanx, Drones, UAVs, AAVs, Electronic Books, non GE Shadows,
Self-Assembling Robots,
and Self-Replicating Machines

> tt
>
> http://.www.numbersusa.com/ NumbersUSA

Draggonfodder

Sep 26, 2009, 3:06:20 PM9/26/09

<zzbu...@netscape.net> wrote in message

You seem to be very obsessed with Fox news. Is it because they don't agree
with you or is it that they seem to be the only news organization that
actually reports the news. The fringe media (NYtimes, WashPost) have their
noses shoved so far up Obambi's butt that they have stopped reporting the
news and just reports on what his favorite color is or what tie he is
wearing today. No wonder their circulation is way down and they are begging
for Obambi to bail them out with some stimulus funds. You know you have won
the argunment when the libs call you a name.

DraggonFodder
I have been called a lot of names but they usually can't say that I am wrong
about the issue.

AZDuffman

Sep 28, 2009, 11:50:20 AM9/28/09
On Sep 26, 8:08 am, martin <martin.secrest...@gmail.com> wrote:

Not really, there will still be plenty of Obama-Supporters who would
rather wait for another govetnment check than "take a job beneath
them."

Bob F

Sep 28, 2009, 2:07:10 PM9/28/09
Draggonfodder wrote:

> You seem to be very obsessed with Fox news. Is it because they don't
> agree with you or is it that they seem to be the only news
> organization that actually reports the news. The fringe media
> (NYtimes, WashPost) have their noses shoved so far up Obambi's butt
> that they have stopped reporting the news and just reports on what
> his favorite color is or what tie he is wearing today. No wonder
> their circulation is way down and they are begging for Obambi to bail
> them out with some stimulus funds. You know you have won the
> argunment when the libs call you a name.

Maybe it's just the obvious right wing wacko FOX bias. Fow is so far right of
reality, it even shows up in the clearly erronious beliefs of their listeners in
polls. "Actually reports the news"?? I don't think so.

Irving Layton

Oct 1, 2009, 1:39:06 AM10/1/09
Because illegal aliens (as a whole) have a better work ethic and better
skill sets than the US unemployed.

Dave C.

Sep 30, 2009, 2:35:54 PM9/30/09
On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 00:39:06 -0500
"Irving Layton" <irv...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> Because illegal aliens (as a whole) have a better work ethic

Since when does blatantly ignoring and deliberately breaking hundreds of laws to steal jobs and benefits of another country qualify as a good work ethic? Or are you implying that legal U.S. citizens have a truly shitty work ethic?

> and better
> skill sets than the US unemployed.

I am a natural born U.S. citizen. And if I was running for President, I could present an actual birth certificate to prove it. Having said that, I bet I could harvest produce about as well as any illegal alien can. -Dave

Bob F

Oct 2, 2009, 2:17:09 PM10/2/09

So do it.

Mrs Irish Mike

Oct 2, 2009, 5:47:52 PM10/2/09
On Sep 30, 10:39 pm, "Irving Layton" <irv...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Because illegal aliens (as a whole) have a better work ethic and better
> skill sets than the US unemployed.

Better work ethic? Right. I see how they have labored to make Mexico
the paradise that it is.

Doing the jobs Americans won't do. For less then a living wage.

Illegals will live several to a single apartment because it is a step
up from where they came from. They will work for minimum wage or less,
because it is more then they would have made back home. Americans need
to adjust their ideas of what constitutes a standard of living.

Illegals will work all kinds of overtime because they are saving up
to buy a buisness or a ranchero back home. Ten years of hard labor
will result in having a paid for home and a means to make a living. An
American who works hard for munimum wage for ten years will have
nothing to show for it after ten years. It is all a matter of
motivation.

Dave

Oct 7, 2009, 1:03:59 PM10/7/09

>> I am a natural born U.S. citizen. And if I was running for
>> President, I could present an actual birth certificate to prove it.
>> Having said that, I bet I could harvest produce about as well as any
>> illegal alien can. -Dave
>
> So do it.

What, harvest produce? Doesn't pay enough for me to consider it. Kick out
all the illegal aliens so that the wages go up a bit and maybe I
ould. -Dave

2312

Oct 7, 2009, 1:31:47 PM10/7/09

Wouldn't happen. That food would be imported instead.

> and maybe I ould. -Dave

Not a chance.

Vic Smith

Oct 7, 2009, 3:01:18 PM10/7/09

Saw a TV piece where Anglos are back to harvesting out west somewhere.
Picking fruit and veg.
Don't remember the details, but I think the pay was about $10 an hour.
Work is work.

--Vic

Mrs Irish Mike

Oct 7, 2009, 2:17:16 PM10/7/09

The current buisness cycle has humbled the working class. Now one of
means can hire Americans for less then what illegals were asking for.

If we were to double the pay for pickers to $20/hr, the price of that
produce would increase only 2-4%. The cost of produce is not the
labor, but the transportation, the machinery, the fertilizer and all
the other costs and middle men.

If the cost of labor become prohibitive, then machinery will be
developed to do the work. Early in the 20th century the glass blowers
formed strong unions to demand livable wages. The price of hand blown
bottles became so expensive that the machinery was invented for the
modern bottling industry to prosper.

We used to pick our own food. That's why schools let out during the
summer, so kids could help with the farming. The hiring of illegals is
a new policy to create different classes of resident workers. Supply
and demand at work when the country is flooded with labor.

Rod Speed

Oct 7, 2009, 3:16:02 PM10/7/09
Mrs Irish Mike wrote
> Vic Smith <thismailautodele...@comcast.net> wrote
>> Dave <now...@nohow2.not> wrote

>>> What, harvest produce? Doesn't pay enough for me to consider it.
>>> Kick out all the illegal aliens so that the wages go up a bit and maybe I ould.

>> Saw a TV piece where Anglos are back to harvesting out west

>> somewhere. Picking fruit and veg.
>> Don't remember the details, but I think the pay was about $10 an
>> hour. Work is work.

> The current buisness cycle has humbled the working class.

Only a very small part of it, those without a job.

> Now one of means can hire Americans for less then what illegals were asking for.

Only those without a job.

> If we were to double the pay for pickers to $20/hr, the
> price of that produce would increase only 2-4%. The cost
> of produce is not the labor, but the transportation, the
> machinery, the fertilizer and all the other costs and middle men.

Yes, but the real effect would be to see the produce imported instead.

> If the cost of labor become prohibitive, then
> machinery will be developed to do the work.

It already has been.

> Early in the 20th century the glass blowers formed strong
> unions to demand livable wages. The price of hand blown
> bottles became so expensive that the machinery was
> invented for the modern bottling industry to prosper.

Quite a different effect.

That happened in spades in coal mines etc.

> We used to pick our own food. That's why schools let out
> during the summer, so kids could help with the farming.

And then we industrialised agriculture and what used to employ
something like 80% of the workforce now employs less than 5%.

> The hiring of illegals is a new policy to create different classes of resident workers.

Nope, its been going on for a long time now.

> Supply and demand at work when the country is flooded with labor.

It isnt flooded. The unemployment rate is only 10% and very few of those will work in the fields.