Rod Speed is a liar --HOMELESS DO HAVE BIKES

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Feb 25, 2011, 9:04:50 AM2/25/11
He said, among so many other lies, that homeless in America don't have
bikes. How does he know if lives in the Outback?

Well, he just made it up. I bet you the two major groups that ride
bikes in the cities are HOMELESS & IMMIGRANTS. When that is the case,
you are often treated like one of them, and sometimes it takes a
trained eye to tell them apart. One such difference --besides the
quality of the bike-- is that real cyclists ride on the road whenever
possible while the survivors stick to the sidewalks. Then there's a
conflict between pedestrian and bicycle where the pedestrian has the
most to lose. I tell pedestrians, "Hey, I'm sorry to be here but it's
a jungle out there."

As a rule I treat sidewalk riders as low life people and people like
Rod Speed --who doesn't even like cycling-- deserve scorn and
ridicule. He better tell us something we don't know about Australia.

Rod Speed

Feb 25, 2011, 1:21:34 PM2/25/11
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign wrote

> He said, among so many other lies, that homeless in America don't have bikes.

No I did not.

> How does he know if lives in the Outback?

I dont. And I know that Obama is half black even when I live on the other side of the world.

> Well, he just made it up.

Nope.

> I bet you the two major groups that ride bikes
> in the cities are HOMELESS & IMMIGRANTS.

Many more are kids who cant legally drive, and those who cant
legally drive because they have lost their drivers license etc.

> When that is the case, you are often treated like one of them,
> and sometimes it takes a trained eye to tell them apart.

Mindlessly silly with those who ride for exercise.

> One such difference --besides the quality of the bike--
> is that real cyclists ride on the road whenever possible
> while the survivors stick to the sidewalks.

Depends on whether its legal or not.

> Then there's a conflict between pedestrian and bicycle where
> the pedestrian has the most to lose. I tell pedestrians, "Hey,
> I'm sorry to be here but it's a jungle out there."

Try telling that to the cop.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Feb 25, 2011, 3:06:02 PM2/25/11
On Feb 25, 1:21 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign wrote
>
> > He said, among so many other lies, that homeless in America don't have bikes.
>
> No I did not.

Oh c'mon everybody saw it so must be absentminded professor or
outright liar.

> > How does he know if lives in the Outback?
>
> I dont. And I know that Obama is half black even when I live on the other side of the world.

Do you see the glass half empty or half full? ;)

> > Well, he just made it up.
>
> Nope.

You have seen the homeless in Hollywood movies and they don't ride
bikes. ;)

> > I bet you the two major groups that ride bikes
> > in the cities are HOMELESS & IMMIGRANTS.
>
> Many more are kids who cant legally drive, and those who cant
> legally drive because they have lost their drivers license etc.

Kids? Many have suspended license but they ain't no kids.

> > When that is the case, you are often treated like one of them,
> > and sometimes it takes a trained eye to tell them apart.
>
> Mindlessly silly with those who ride for exercise.

Those who ride for exercise don't do so on sidewalks. These are
survivors.

> > One such difference --besides the quality of the bike--
> > is that real cyclists ride on the road whenever possible
> > while the survivors stick to the sidewalks.
>
> Depends on whether its legal or not.

It's legal in 99% of places.

> > Then there's a conflict between pedestrian and bicycle where
> > the pedestrian has the most to lose. I tell pedestrians, "Hey,
> > I'm sorry to be here but it's a jungle out there."
>
> Try telling that to the cop.

The cops don't give a damn that you ride on sidewalks, unless you ride
in certain exclusive areas where it is expressly banned. I only know
one such area --very exclusive-- and no bike lane of any kind on the
road!

Let me tell you something I witnessed today: Very select area --Jewish
town-- so much so that kids ride alone --kids are afraid to ride alone
everywhere-- and this black guy comes barreling down at 15mph --he
almost hit me-- and nobody cared. They all ride on sidewalks so that's
part of the culture.

Not until we impound bikes on sidewalks while providing space on the
road we will be talking about civilization.

Rod Speed

Feb 25, 2011, 3:59:02 PM2/25/11
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote
>> His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign wrote

>>> He said, among so many other lies, that homeless in America don't have bikes.

>> No I did not.

> Oh c'mon everybody saw it so must be absentminded professor or outright liar.

Then you wont have any difficulty quoting it.

>>> How does he know if lives in the Outback?

>> I dont. And I know that Obama is half black even when I live on the other side of the world.

> Do you see the glass half empty or half full? ;)

>>> Well, he just made it up.

>> Nope.

> You have seen the homeless in Hollywood movies

Dont watch movies.

> and they don't ride bikes. ;)

>>> I bet you the two major groups that ride bikes
>>> in the cities are HOMELESS & IMMIGRANTS.

>> Many more are kids who cant legally drive, and those who cant
>> legally drive because they have lost their drivers license etc.

> Kids? Many have suspended license but they ain't no kids.

Legally they are.

>>> When that is the case, you are often treated like one of them,
>>> and sometimes it takes a trained eye to tell them apart.

>> Mindlessly silly with those who ride for exercise.

> Those who ride for exercise don't do so on sidewalks. These are survivors.

>>> One such difference --besides the quality of the bike--
>>> is that real cyclists ride on the road whenever possible
>>> while the survivors stick to the sidewalks.

>> Depends on whether its legal or not.

> It's legal in 99% of places.

Another pig ignorant lie.

>>> Then there's a conflict between pedestrian and bicycle where
>>> the pedestrian has the most to lose. I tell pedestrians, "Hey,
>>> I'm sorry to be here but it's a jungle out there."

>> Try telling that to the cop.

> The cops don't give a damn that you ride on sidewalks,

Another pig ignorant lie.

> unless you ride in certain exclusive areas where it is expressly banned. I only
> know one such area --very exclusive-- and no bike lane of any kind on the road!

> Let me tell you something I witnessed today: Very select area --Jewish
> town-- so much so that kids ride alone --kids are afraid to ride alone everywhere--

Another pig ignorant lie.

> and this black guy comes barreling down at 15mph --he almost hit me--
> and nobody cared. They all ride on sidewalks so that's part of the culture.

Irrelevant to whether its legal.

> Not until we impound bikes on sidewalks while providing
> space on the road we will be talking about civilization.

You wouldnt know what civilisation was if it bit you on your lard arse, child.

Jeff Thies

Feb 25, 2011, 10:13:24 PM2/25/11
On 2/25/2011 9:04 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the
Stop the Bullshit Campaign wrote:
> He said, among so many other lies, that homeless in America don't have
> bikes.

I've never seen a homeless person with a bike. By and large, such
possessions are a hindrance to them. For the working poor bikes are not
uncommon. Holding on to them is hard though.

Jeff
(who has given away more than one bike)

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

Feb 25, 2011, 10:17:35 PM2/25/11
On 2/25/2011 9:13 PM, Jeff Thies wrote:
> On 2/25/2011 9:04 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the
> Stop the Bullshit Campaign wrote:
>> He said, among so many other lies, that homeless in America don't have
>> bikes.
>
> I've never seen a homeless person with a bike. By and large, such
> possessions are a hindrance to them. For the working poor bikes are not
> uncommon. Holding on to them is hard though.

In general, the USian police have "better" things to do than protect the
homeless.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Rod Speed

Feb 25, 2011, 11:08:57 PM2/25/11
Jeff Thies wrote

> His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign wrote

>> He said, among so many other lies, that homeless in America don't have bikes.

> I've never seen a homeless person with a bike.

Me neither. Some had them during the great depression apparently.

> By and large, such possessions are a hindrance to them.

> For the working poor bikes are not uncommon.

And for those who have lost their license too.

> Holding on to them is hard though.

Nope.

Rod Speed

Feb 25, 2011, 11:12:24 PM2/25/11
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°" <""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI$southslope.net wrote
> Jeff Thies wrote

>> His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign wrote

>>> He said, among so many other lies, that homeless in America don't have bikes.

>> I've never seen a homeless person with a bike. By and large, such possessions are a hindrance to them. For the
>> working poor bikes are not uncommon. Holding on to them is hard though.

> In general, the USian police have "better" things to do than protect the homeless.

They mostly dont 'protect' many at all, just respond to reports of crime
and try to work out who did it etc.

In that sense they do 'protect' the homeless in the sense
of attempting to catch and lock up those that kill them etc.

Edward Dolan

Feb 25, 2011, 11:33:16 PM2/25/11
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Tºm Shermªn™ °_°" <""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI$southslope.net wrote
[...]

Learn how to edit a post, you god damn fucking stupid son of a bitch!

>> In general, the USian police have "better" things to do than protect the
>> homeless.
>
> They mostly dont 'protect' many at all, just respond to reports of crime
> and try to work out who did it etc.

The hell you say! How do we know you are not lying?

> In that sense they do 'protect' the homeless in the sense
> of attempting to catch and lock up those that kill them etc.

The hell you say! How do we know you are not lying?

Rod Speed is an Asshole-Shithead. TM, the village simpleton, is a genius
compared to him.

Rod Speed

Feb 25, 2011, 11:34:26 PM2/25/11
Mr Ed the donkey Dolan wrote just the puerile shit any 2 year old could leave for dead.

Edward Dolan

Feb 25, 2011, 11:49:16 PM2/25/11

> Mr Ed the donkey Dolan wrote just the puerile shit any 2 year old could
> leave for dead.

The Aussie Rod Speed is the expert on puerile shit since he eats it fresh
every day like all Aborigines and then regurgitates it to Usenet.

Edward Dolan

Feb 25, 2011, 11:54:40 PM2/25/11

> Jeff Thies wrote
>> His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit
>> Campaign wrote
>
>>> He said, among so many other lies, that homeless in America don't have
>>> bikes.
>
>> I've never seen a homeless person with a bike.
>
> Me neither. Some had them during the great depression apparently.

The hell you say! How do we know you are not lying?

>> By and large, such possessions are a hindrance to them.

>> For the working poor bikes are not uncommon.
>
> And for those who have lost their license too.

The hell you say! How do we know you are not lying?

>> Holding on to them is hard though.
>
> Nope.

Take your "nope" and shove it up your ass, you stupid fuckwit!

Rod Speed

Feb 26, 2011, 12:46:13 AM2/26/11

Rod Speed

Feb 26, 2011, 12:46:39 AM2/26/11

Jeff Thies

Feb 26, 2011, 5:00:01 AM2/26/11
On 2/25/2011 11:33 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Rod Speed"<rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Tºm Shermªn™ °_°"<""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI$southslope.net wrote
> [...]
>
> Learn how to edit a post, you god damn fucking stupid son of a bitch!

I don't see any real problem with his response/ Yours, on the other
hand, is edited far worse, and is infantile to boot!

You'll have to contain your reflex hostility.

Jeff

Jeff Thies

Feb 26, 2011, 5:14:34 AM2/26/11
On 2/25/2011 11:08 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
> Jeff Thies wrote
>> His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign wrote
>
>>> He said, among so many other lies, that homeless in America don't have bikes.
>
>> I've never seen a homeless person with a bike.
>
> Me neither. Some had them during the great depression apparently.
>
>> By and large, such possessions are a hindrance to them.
>
>> For the working poor bikes are not uncommon.
>
> And for those who have lost their license too.

Yes. Very common. Many working poor can't afford a car/license/insurance.

>> Holding on to them is hard though.
>
> Nope.

Theft by some deadbeat, while at work. Criminals like easy. If they know
someone won't be around to catch them....

>> (who has given away more than one bike)

Which is why I had to give away more than one bike.

Protecting property in a poor neighborhood can be tough. It takes money
for good locks and good security. That and crooks don't care. The poor
are victimized at a much higher rate than those who have the
resources/ability to defend themselves.

Maybe you have a more honest lot down there, not here.

Jeff

Edward Dolan

Feb 26, 2011, 6:43:48 AM2/26/11

> Mr Ed the donkey Dolan wrote just the puerile shit any 2 year old could
> leave for dead.

The Aussie Rod Speed is the expert on puerile shit since he eats it fresh

Edward Dolan

Feb 26, 2011, 7:01:58 AM2/26/11
"Jeff Thies" <jeff_...@att.net> wrote in message

> On 2/25/2011 11:33 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Rod Speed"<rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> [...]
>>
>> Learn how to edit a post, you god damn fucking stupid son of a bitch!
>
> I don't see any real problem with his response/ Yours, on the other hand,
> is edited far worse, and is infantile to boot!

It is a bit of work to edit a post properly so that others aren't having to
go over the same old shit. But I can see that both you and RS are easy to
please and since I am no longer going to take any pains with him, you will
be delighted to know that I am going to take every shortcut just like he
does so as to save myself even a minimum of effort.

By the way, RS and I are in a race to the bottom. Join in why don't you if
you like to muck about in piss and shit.

> You'll have to contain your reflex hostility.

Ask yourself why RS is not including the Aussie cycling groups in his posts?
After all, he is an Aussie and ought by rights to be at home in those
groups, as stupid as they are like him.

Edward Dolan

Feb 26, 2011, 7:24:15 AM2/26/11

> On 2/25/2011 11:08 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

>> Nope.
>
> Theft by some deadbeat, while at work. Criminals like easy. If they know
> someone won't be around to catch them....

Poor Jeff is making the mistake of thinking he is communicating with a human
instead of an asshole/shithead. Note how RS can just say "nope" without any
follow-up at all. Folks that is the sign of the genuine article.
[...]

> Protecting property in a poor neighborhood can be tough. It takes money
> for good locks and good security. That and crooks don't care. The poor are
> victimized at a much higher rate than those who have the resources/ability
> to defend themselves.

Wow! Four whole sentences instead of just a single short sentence. Most
unusual for the asshole/shithead RS. After all, he is just a one-liner type,
followed of course by "stupid" and "fuckwit" - ever the insignia of the
genuine article.

> Maybe you have a more honest lot down there, not here.

RS is just speaking through his asshole as always. Frankly, the only one who
knows how to respond to him is TM, the village simpleton of these
newsgroups. Poor Jeff hasn't a clue.

Who or What is Rod Speed?

Rod Speed is an entirely modern phenomenon. Essentially, Rod
Speed is an insecure and worthless individual who has discovered
he can enhance his own self-esteem in his own eyes by playing "the
big, hard man" on the InterNet.

Rod is believed to be from Australia.

Rod certainly posts a lot. Why is that?

It relates back to the point about boosting his own self esteem by
what amounts to effectively having a wank in public. Rod's
personality, as exemplified by his posts, means he is practically
unemployable which means he sits around at home all day festering
away and getting worse and worse. This means he posts more and
more try and boost the old failing self esteem. Being unemployed
also means he as a lot of time on his hands to post in he first
place.

But maybe Rod really is a very clever and knowledgable person?

Clever? His posts wouldn't support that theory. As far as being
knowledgable, well, Rod has posted to various aus newsgroups
including invest, comms, and politics. He has posted to all as a
self professed "expert" and flames any and all who disagree with
him. Logically, here's no way any single individual could be
more than a jack of all trades across such a wide spread of
subject matter.

But maybe Rod really is an expert in some areas?

Possibly. However, his "bedside manner" prevents him from being
taken seriously by most normal people. Also, he has damaged his
credibility in areas where he might know what he's on about by
shooting his self in the foot in areas where he does not. For
example, in the case of subject matter such as politics, even a
view held by Albert Einstein cannot be little more than an
opinion and to vociferously denigrate an opposing opinion is
simply small mindedness and bigotry, the kind of which Einstein
himself fought against his whole life.

What is Rod Speed's main modus operandi?

Simple! He shoots off a half brained opinion in response to any
other post and touts that opinion as fact. When challenged, he
responds with vociferous and rabid denigration. He has an
instantly recognisable set of schoolboy put downs limited pretty
much to the following: "Pathetic, Puerile, Little Boy, try
harder, trivial, more lies, gutless wonder, wanker, etc etc".
The fact that Rod has been unable to come up with any new insults
says a lot about his outlook and intelligence.

But why do so many people respond to Rod in turn?

It has to do with effrontery and a lack of logic. Most people
who post have some basis of reason for what they write and when
Rod retorts with his usual denigration and derision they respond
emotionally rather than logically. It's like a teacher in a
class room who has a misbehaving pupil. The teacher challenges
the pupil to explain himself and the student responds with "***
off, Big Nose!" Even thought the teacher has a fairly normal
proboscis, he gets a dent in his self-esteem and might resort to
an emotional repsonse like "yeah? well your *** wouldn't fill a
pop rivet, punk", which merely invites some oneupmanship from the
naughty pupil. Of course, the teacher should not have justified
the initial comment with a response, especially in front of the
class. The correct response was "please report to the
headmaster's office right NOW!"

What is a "RodBot"?

Some respondents in aus.invest built a "virtual Rod" which was
indiscernable from the "real" Rod. Net users could enter an
opinion or even a fact and the RoDBot would tell them they were
pathetic lying schoolboys who should be able to do better or some
equally pithy Rod Speedism.

Are you saying that Rod Speed is a Troll?

You got it!

What is the best way to handle Rod Speed?

KillFile!

Jeff Thies

Feb 26, 2011, 8:29:46 AM2/26/11
On 2/26/2011 7:01 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Jeff Thies"<jeff_...@att.net> wrote in message
>> On 2/25/2011 11:33 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>>> "Rod Speed"<rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Learn how to edit a post, you god damn fucking stupid son of a bitch!
>>
>> I don't see any real problem with his response/ Yours, on the other hand,
>> is edited far worse, and is infantile to boot!
>
> It is a bit of work to edit a post properly so that others aren't having to
> go over the same old shit. But I can see that both you and RS are easy to
> please and since I am no longer going to take any pains with him, you will
> be delighted to know that I am going to take every shortcut just like he
> does so as to save myself even a minimum of effort.
>
> By the way, RS and I are in a race to the bottom.

Well put.

Join in why don't you if
> you like to muck about in piss and shit.

I just sample MCFL. Usually I have nothing to add. Just seeing if
anything new. I tend not to waste time on futility, but the odd bit of
interest will draw me in.

>> You'll have to contain your reflex hostility.
>
> Ask yourself why RS is not including the Aussie cycling groups in his posts?
> After all, he is an Aussie and ought by rights to be at home in those
> groups, as stupid as they are like him.

It's the Monkey that does all the cross posts, he chose the groups. I've
never seen Rod start a thread. Perhaps his best quality.

Rod is not stupid, he is often belligerent and always intractable. When
he is wrong he never changes. Irascible is a kindly way to put it.

What I find odd about yourself is the futility. Why waste the time? You
are now feuding with two loons. Is there nothing else?

Jeff

Edward Dolan

Feb 26, 2011, 9:23:34 AM2/26/11

> On 2/26/2011 7:01 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Jeff Thies"<jeff_...@att.net> wrote in message
>>> On 2/25/2011 11:33 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

>> It is a bit of work to edit a post properly so that others aren't having
>> go over the same old shit. But I can see that both you and RS are easy to
>> please and since I am no longer going to take any pains with him, you
>> will
>> be delighted to know that I am going to take every shortcut just like he
>> does so as to save myself even a minimum of effort.
>>
>> By the way, RS and I are in a race to the bottom.
>
> Well put.
>
> Join in why don't you if
>> you like to muck about in piss and shit.
>
> I just sample MCFL. Usually I have nothing to add. Just seeing if anything
> new. I tend not to waste time on futility, but the odd bit of interest
> will draw me in.
>>
>>> You'll have to contain your reflex hostility.
>>
>> Ask yourself why RS is not including the Aussie cycling groups in his
>> posts?
>> After all, he is an Aussie and ought by rights to be at home in those
>> groups, as stupid as they are like him.
>
> It's the Monkey that does all the cross posts, he chose the groups. I've
> never seen Rod start a thread. Perhaps his best quality.
>
> Rod is not stupid, he is often belligerent and always intractable. When he
> is wrong he never changes. Irascible is a kindly way to put it.

Yes, you have got him figured out as well as anyone. But still it is mistake
to respond to him in any manner whatsoever. Let him duel with TM. They are
well suited to one another. The village idiot vs. the crackpot/crank!

> What I find odd about yourself is the futility. Why waste the time? You
> are now feuding with two loons. Is there nothing else?

I once posted intelligently, but it is a constant frustration when idiots
step on your posts with inane remarks that go nowhere. I have given up. I
will now say anything to anybody and never hope to have to say anything the
least bit intelligent again on Usenet so long as I live.

Usenet is for idiots. All groups MUST be moderated, even though such groups
are boring as hell and don't interest me. An unmoderated newsgroup is like
the worst talk radio show. The crassest bastards will always have the last
word. If you try to be intelligent, you only come across as a fool and a
naive one at that.

The fact is that everyone who is intelligent left Usenet some years ago.
These forums just keep getting dumber and dumber because of types like TM
and RS. I am hanging around to see where the bottom lies. I think in the end
these goups will consist wholly of mentally retarded types who only know how
to piss and shit on themselves ... in other words, loons!

Why Tom Sherman is still here is the greatest mystery of all for me!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Feb 26, 2011, 9:39:18 AM2/26/11

All evidence points to a lower concentration of rats in the outback.
Probably the snakes eat them.* ;)

I go to this "bicycle paradise," and you can't leave the bike alone
for long or anything if not the bike itself will be stolen.

One solution to beat those little predators is to carry folding bikes.
Fold them and take them with you everywhere.

*Notice how I know about Australia but he doesn't have a clue about
the American jungle.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Feb 26, 2011, 9:42:33 AM2/26/11
On Feb 26, 8:29 am, Jeff Thies <jeff_th...@att.net> wrote:
> On 2/26/2011 7:01 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>

> > "Jeff Thies"<jeff_th...@att.net>  wrote in message

> >> I don't see any real problem with his response/ Yours, on the other hand,
> >> is edited far worse, and is infantile to boot!
>
> > It is a bit of work to edit a post properly so that others aren't having to
> > go over the same old shit. But I can see that both you and RS are easy to
> > please and since I am no longer going to take any pains with him, you will
> > be delighted  to know that I am going to take every shortcut just like he
> > does so as to save myself even a minimum of effort.
>
> > By the way, RS and I are in a race to the bottom.
>
> Well put.
>
>   Join in why don't you if
>
> > you like to muck about in piss and shit.
>
> I just sample MCFL. Usually I have nothing to add. Just seeing if
> anything new. I tend not to waste time on futility, but the odd bit of
> interest will draw me in.
>

> >>   You'll have to contain your reflex hostility.
>
> > Ask yourself why RS is not including the Aussie cycling groups in his posts?
> > After all, he is an Aussie and ought by rights to be at home in those
> > groups, as stupid as they are like him.
>
> It's the Monkey that does all the cross posts, he chose the groups. I've
> never seen Rod start a thread. Perhaps his best quality.

When I fish in so many groups I get better chances of catching good
honest people as well as bastards such as Rod Speed.

Nevertheless he's just a minor nuisance.

Jeff Thies

Feb 26, 2011, 9:48:57 AM2/26/11
On 2/26/2011 7:24 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Jeff Thies"<jeff_...@att.net> wrote in message
>> On 2/25/2011 11:08 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
> [...]
>>> Nope.
>>
>> Theft by some deadbeat, while at work. Criminals like easy. If they know
>> someone won't be around to catch them....
>
> Poor Jeff is making the mistake of thinking he is communicating with a human
> instead of an asshole/shithead.

Not at all. In fact you will find that this is one of the very few times
I have responded to an RS post. Search the archives if you doubt.

I picked up Rods number some years back. Rod probably thinks I put
him in my killfile, but I don't bother to keep one. Neither have I ever
read the Rod Speed FAQ, but I have little doubt about what is in there.

I've read some of his posts on solar thermal storage and he is
correct there. That is something you largely have to have experience in
to know and I'm convinced that he has that. Near as I can tell he used
to work as an engineer. He is not stupid.

Is it worth getting involved in a thread with RS? No. The reasons are
obvious.

The sun is up, the day bodes well, I have much to do. And lingering
here won't get any of it done.

And no homeless I know of ride bikes. Not anymore. I do have a friend
that rode across the country on his bike and I suppose he was "homeless"
at the time. But none of the garden variety. I know more about the
fringes of society (left or right, top or bottom) than most here. Not
that I advise that...

Jeff

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Feb 26, 2011, 11:00:02 AM2/26/11
On Feb 26, 9:48 am, Jeff Thies <jeff_th...@att.net> wrote:
> On 2/26/2011 7:24 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>
> > "Jeff Thies"<jeff_th...@att.net>  wrote in message

Perhaps not in congested inner cities like NYC, but very much a handy
tool for them in spread out places such as Key West. It's a mule that
doesn't need grass.

Rod Speed

Feb 26, 2011, 1:53:13 PM2/26/11
Jeff Thies wrote

> Rod Speed wrote
>> Jeff Thies wrote
>>> His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign wrote

>>> I've never seen a homeless person with a bike.

>> Me neither. Some had them during the great depression apparently.

>>> By and large, such possessions are a hindrance to them.

>>> For the working poor bikes are not uncommon.

>> And for those who have lost their license too.

> Yes. Very common. Many working poor can't afford a car/license/insurance.

Only the ones that choose to spend their minimum wage on other stuff.

>>> Holding on to them is hard though.

>> Nope.

> Theft by some deadbeat, while at work.

Easy enough to ensure it cant get stolen.

> Criminals like easy. If they know someone won't be around to catch them....

Easy enough to have the bike where someone will be around.

>>> (who has given away more than one bike)

> Which is why I had to give away more than one bike.

> Protecting property in a poor neighborhood can be tough.

Not with a bike thats so easy to have inside where you 'live'

> It takes money for good locks and good security.

Nope, just keep it inside where you 'live'

> That and crooks don't care. The poor are victimized at a much higher rate than those who have the resources/ability to
> defend themselves.

You dont need any extra resources to defend
your bike, just keep it inside where you 'live'

> Maybe you have a more honest lot down there,

Nope. In some ways ours are worse, we dont incarcerate petty drug users at
anything like the rate you lot do, we basically only do that with the dealers. And
they are overwhelmingly those who do the petty crime, to pay for their drug habits.

> not here.

Rod Speed

Feb 26, 2011, 1:53:53 PM2/26/11

Rod Speed

Feb 26, 2011, 1:54:37 PM2/26/11

Rod Speed

Feb 26, 2011, 1:55:31 PM2/26/11

Rod Speed

Feb 26, 2011, 1:56:50 PM2/26/11

Rod Speed

Feb 26, 2011, 3:52:14 PM2/26/11
Jeff Thies wrote:

> Rod is not stupid, he is often belligerent and always intractable.
> When he is wrong he never changes.

Just did, yesterday.

Edward Dolan

Mar 1, 2011, 7:07:53 AM3/1/11
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Rod Speed is an Aussie shit eater. He also drinks his own urine because
that is what Aussies do in the land down under. He is dark of mind and dark
of heart like all those flat nosed Aborigines.

Edward Dolan

Mar 1, 2011, 7:09:34 AM3/1/11

> Mr Ed the donkey Dolan wrote just the puerile shit any 2 year old could
> leave for dead.

Rod Speed (note the anonymous cowardly user name) shits all over himself yet
once again.

Edward Dolan

Mar 1, 2011, 7:21:52 AM3/1/11
"Jeff Thies" <jeff_...@att.net> wrote in message
[...]

> I've read some of his posts on solar thermal storage and he is correct
> there. That is something you largely have to have experience in to know
> and I'm convinced that he has that. Near as I can tell he used to work as
> an engineer. He is not stupid.

I have to laugh. No one is universally stupid on everything, not even the
terminally retarded. I have even known Tom Sherman, a civil engineer, to say
a few sensible things from time to time. Hells Bells, even TM is not
totally stupid. But what does any of that have to do with intelligence?

Unlike you, I can recognize a genuine idiot when I see one. How? You judge
others by their overall manner, not a few snippets of knowledge. RS NOT
stupid? What a laugh!

Edward Dolan

Mar 1, 2011, 7:34:03 AM3/1/11
"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Learn how to edit a post or get lost - you god damn ignorant son of a bitch!

> Jeff Thies wrote
[...]

>> It takes money for good locks and good security.
>
> Nope, just keep it inside where you 'live'

The Aussie Rod Speed lives in a cave like all of his brethren Aborigines.

>> That and crooks don't care. The poor are victimized at a much higher rate
>> than those who have the resources/ability to defend themselves.
>
> You dont need any extra resources to defend
> your bike, just keep it inside where you 'live'

Saying it twice doesn't make it any more sensible. Caves are notorious for
being damp and inhospitable places for all except Aborigines.

>> Maybe you have a more honest lot down there,
>
> Nope. In some ways ours are worse, we dont incarcerate petty drug users at
> anything like the rate you lot do, we basically only do that with the
> dealers. And
> they are overwhelmingly those who do the petty crime, to pay for their
> drug habits.

Wow! Two whole sentences made up of parts. Not bad for an Aborigine. At
least now he knows that a "nope" must have a follow-up.

Rod Speed

Mar 1, 2011, 11:23:34 AM3/1/11

Rod Speed

Mar 1, 2011, 11:23:57 AM3/1/11