Singer Sewing Machine repair

The VFW

Dec 13, 2010, 8:59:06 PM12/13/10
I would like to find a repair manual for my Free arm. model 9005.
It sews forward OK, but does not in Back Stitch.
--
Karma, What a concept!

Al

Dec 14, 2010, 7:36:25 AM12/14/10

Those machines are very basic and simple to diagnose. The top comes
off with a couple screws and you can see how it works. The reverse
button or switch activates an arm and yours is not being activated.
Operate it manually and see where the difficulty is. The owner's
manual won't provide any help. They don't show adjustment and repair
techniques.

Tru Dat

Dec 16, 2010, 12:57:53 AM12/16/10
In article
<5475eb1d-2960-43f1...@29g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>,
Al <albu...@mailinator.com> wrote:

well, thanks. yes I've tried that. and it seems to move the fabric
back-wards but the stitch doesn't happen. Like it's not catching the
thread under there. boy is it hard to see what's going on in the bobbin
area.

Steve.IA

Dec 16, 2010, 6:23:33 AM12/16/10
Tru Dat <geor...@toast.net> wrote in news:georgeswk-BEC876.21575315122010
@news.toast.net:

> well, thanks. yes I've tried that. and it seems to move the fabric
> back-wards but the stitch doesn't happen. Like it's not catching the
> thread under there. boy is it hard to see what's going on in the bobbin
> area.

Well, just in case you haven't, open up everything you can easily and blow
out the lint and accumulated dust with air. Put in a NEW needle and try it
again. I've have great luck 'fixing' SWMBO's machines with these simple
techniques.

GL

Steve
southiowa
--
There is no such thing as a silly question;
just silly people asking questions.

The Real Bev

Dec 16, 2010, 11:54:09 PM12/16/10
On 12/16/10 03:23, Steve.IA wrote:

> Tru Dat<geor...@toast.net> wrote in:

>> well, thanks. yes I've tried that. and it seems to move the fabric
>> back-wards but the stitch doesn't happen. Like it's not catching the
>> thread under there. boy is it hard to see what's going on in the bobbin
>> area.
>
> Well, just in case you haven't, open up everything you can easily and blow
> out the lint and accumulated dust with air. Put in a NEW needle and try it
> again. I've have great luck 'fixing' SWMBO's machines with these simple
> techniques.

Even so, tension is a bitch. And you can't just sit back and smile when
you've finally got it adjusted properly, different types of cloth and
thread need more adjusting :-(

--
Cheers, Bev