CommonCents: Anyone using it?

m...@privacy.net

Sep 23, 2010, 3:25:25 PM9/23/10
Just curious if any users here and how its going?

Patricia Martin Steward

Sep 23, 2010, 4:17:27 PM9/23/10
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:25:25 -0500, m...@privacy.net wrote:

>Just curious if any users here and how its going?

Looks like a worthwhile organization for kids:

http://www.commoncents.org/

--
We are becoming a country that believes the rich have earned their money but the well educated have not
earned their intellectual superiority. This leads to a nation that idolizes Kardashians.

Message has been deleted

Al

Sep 24, 2010, 6:05:42 AM9/24/10

m...@privacy.net wrote:
> Just curious if any users here and how its going?

Why yes, I am.
My local Hiller's market accepts change at their self-check-out so I
empty all my change there when there is no line. I save losing money
at the CoinStar.
It's going well.

Patricia Martin Steward

Sep 25, 2010, 8:58:07 PM9/25/10
On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 03:05:42 -0700 (PDT), Al <albu...@mailinator.com>
wrote:

Excellent idea! I found out that my bank will count a not-huge amount
of change into their little machine and not charge me for it.
Apparently other banks assess some sort of fee. Tsk tsk.

Dan Birchall

Sep 26, 2010, 7:33:54 AM9/26/10
pat...@noteranews.com (Patricia Martin Steward) wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 03:05:42 -0700 (PDT), Al <albu...@mailinator.com>
> wrote:
> >m...@privacy.net wrote:
> >> Just curious if any users here and how its going?
> >
> >Why yes, I am.
> >My local Hiller's market accepts change at their self-check-out so I
> >empty all my change there when there is no line. I save losing money
> >at the CoinStar. It's going well.
>
> Excellent idea! I found out that my bank will count a not-huge amount
> of change into their little machine and not charge me for it.
> Apparently other banks assess some sort of fee. Tsk tsk.

My credit union has some sort of machine (I don't know if it's "common
cents" or not, as they stuck their own logo or something on it) about the
size of a CoinStar and they don't seem to mind me wandering in there with
as much change as I can comfortably carry and dumping it all in there,
then bringing over the little receipt thing it spits out to the teller
and getting that amount credited to my account.

If I *didn't* have an account with them, however, they would take a cut.

--
Dan Birchall - http://danbirchall.multiply.com/ - images, words, technology

Al

Sep 26, 2010, 4:35:48 PM9/26/10

Dan Birchall wrote:
> pat...@noteranews.com (Patricia Martin Steward) wrote:
> > On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 03:05:42 -0700 (PDT), Al <albu...@mailinator.com>
> > wrote:
> > >

> My credit union has some sort of machine (I don't know if it's "common
> cents" or not, as they stuck their own logo or something on it) about the
> size of a CoinStar and they don't seem to mind me wandering in there with
> as much change as I can comfortably carry and dumping it all in there,
> then bringing over the little receipt thing it spits out to the teller
> and getting that amount credited to my account.

That's a great idea to get people into the lobby. I'm not sure they
really want people in there any more though. I have not set foot in a
physical bank in some time because of online banking and ATMs. I
should probably check to see if they have such a machine. My guess is
that your bank decided it was more efficient to have the separate
machine do the counting and issue tender rather than have bank staff
do some of the work. I wish everything was a win-win situation like
that.