Riding bike in a park

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 7, 2011, 10:31:21 AM1/7/11
On Jan 7, 6:14 am, "dbu," <nos...@nobama.com.invalid> wrote:
> In article <ig6dvd$fr...@speranza.aioe.org>,
>

> "Sharx35" <sharx...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > ">
> > > Labrode encourages cyclists to ride at parks, where speed limits are
> > > restricted and regulated. And for all to remember: "Bicycle riders are
> > > the weakest ones on the road."
>
> > >http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-01-05/news/fl-sunrise-bike-acci...
> > > 110105_1_bicyclist-deaths-bicycle-crashes-car-accidents
>
> > > ***
>
> > > So we must go and ride at parks, and how we get to the park? No wonder
> > > you don't find people out there.
>
> > > I'm telling you our system is not very cleverly designed.
>
> > How do you get to the park? Simple. Load your bike into 1 of your fleet of
> > SUV's. Then DRIVE to the park. When you are finished riding your bike, do
> > the reverse to get home.
>
> That is not the idea. What we are to do is get on the bike and peddle
> to the park, peddle to the store, peddle to work. More bikes on the
> streets means fewer cars on the streets. Bicycling is healthy, does not
> burn gas and stink up the air.
> --

Yeah, drivers are not very clever.

"Carlos Laborde, a United States Cycling Federation official" is the
guy who said bikes belong in the park.

Many so called "experts" are stupid too and think we care to ride in a
park or that we even have space in a park. He manages a velodrome, so
why should he worry about mundane cyclists. Well, let me tell you,
elite cyclists tend not to give a shit about practical cyclists. They
are type A in my classification and don't care about C or D's.

That's why I'm getting my little monkey bike to ride in a park. COMING
SOON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyiHc6lMYZs

No wonder they call it the TACTICAL BIKE. This is a strategy: I'm
riding the monkey bike in the park, and people will come up to me and
ask me, "Why a big guy like you would ride such a monkey bike?" Then
I'll reply, "Are you stupid or what. There's no place to ride out
there, and this the only bike that slows me down so the park doesn't
feel small."

Then I will give them a flier and sell him a t-shirt and off I go!

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 7, 2011, 6:08:07 PM1/7/11
On Jan 7, 2:58 pm, Vince <vpilu...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On 1/7/2011 10:32 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average
> Many years ago my friend and I were in the playground area riding when
> some folks started yelling at us and one woman tried to pull and rip my
> pal's shirt.
>
> Another time in Highland Park that same friend and others were riding
> when a cop knocked me off my bike, took me over to a plains Clothes
> man who took down my information and sent a letter to my father.
> The letter said I was riding in an unauthorized area, as if I was riding
> around NASA.
> Oh and what about my being knocked down and hurt?
> The cops told me it was my own fault as I shouldn't have been riding in
> that area.

I see, so it seems they consider the bike a threat to the system.

Why don't they do like the Taliban and ban the damn thing! Oh no, they
sell you the bike but then it goes unused. American has a very high
ownership of bikes --I read somewhere-- but they are in storage or
used in very stupid ways, like needing a car to go somewhere and
launch it.

They should start by defining if it's a vehicle or a toy.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 7, 2011, 6:23:38 PM1/7/11
On Jan 7, 4:37 pm, "dbu," <nos...@nobama.com.invalid> wrote:
> In article <hs2dnbnU171fxLrQnZ2dnUVZ_oedn...@posted.hiwaay2>,
> ernest.p.worr...@vernal.equinox.edu (T.J. Higgins) wrote:

> > In article <cvadnYM-0_k4aLvQnZ2dnUVZ_umdn...@giganews.com>, dbu, wrote:

> > >That is not the idea. What we are to do is get on the bike and peddle
> > >to the park, peddle to the store, peddle to work.
>
> > If you sell your bike, how are you going to ride it?
>
> You never sell your bike, you only replace it with a better one.

Something red hot like this...

http://www.cyclechoice.com/store/product/7706/2011-Fuji-Feather-Complete-Bike-Red/

> > >Bicycling is healthy, does not burn gas and stink up the air.
>

> > Tell that to the person next to you at work after you've been
> > riding on a hot day.
>
> I'd rather smell limburger cheese all day than some of the perfumy junk
> that some people wear. That stuff is bad, bad.
> --

I just give a fart when I smell those "French perfumes"...

http://www.zazzle.com/fart_de_paris_tshirt-235979251639610287

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 8, 2011, 8:25:44 PM1/8/11
On Jan 7, 6:45 pm, Vince <vpilu...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On 1/7/2011 6:07 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average

> backyard philosopher wrote:
> > On Jan 7, 2:58 pm, Vince<vpilu...@optonline.net> wrote:

> For what its worth the above took place in the early 1960s

I don't think things have changed that much in the last 50 years. They
only changed in the last 100 years.

VFW,

Jan 9, 2011, 12:57:30 PM1/9/11
In article
<70f90e5a-ee83-46f1...@j1g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle"
<comandan...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I had a police officer ask me to do him a favor and not ride my Trikke
on the Arcata Plaza (CA) I told him I had gone to city hall and looked
up the law to see if such a vehicle was indeed illegal. It is not
mentioned. He said if I continued to ride he would cite me. I rode off
saying that he would have to have a law to cite. Why do they call them
pigs?
the local paper (Arcata Eye) said I shouldn't need a law to know it was
inappropriate. Well, my question was Do we need the police creating
"laws" out of the clear blue sky? Is that the way it is?
--
Karma, What a concept!

Don Klipstein

Jan 9, 2011, 9:47:31 PM1/9/11
In article <georgeswk-CC463...@news.toast.net>, VFW, wrote:

<SNIP to what vehicles are prohibited where>

>I had a police officer ask me to do him a favor and not ride my Trikke
>on the Arcata Plaza (CA) I told him I had gone to city hall and looked
>up the law to see if such a vehicle was indeed illegal. It is not
>mentioned. He said if I continued to ride he would cite me. I rode off
>saying that he would have to have a law to cite. Why do they call them
>pigs?

Does the law regarding that place say what vehicles are prohibited
(and all others are allowed), or what vehicles are allowed (and all others
are prohibited)?

My experience is that the vehicle code for public roads in Pennsylvania
say what vehicles are legal to drive on such roads, with all others being
prohibited.

Local park ordinances are likely to be similar in that area. Of the
exceptions of parks whose local ordinances list prohibited vehicles rather
than permitted ones, I doubt they take kindly to M1 tanks, taxi-ing of
jumbo jets, and railroad locomotives trying to move on unrailed ground
with rocket power.
--
- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 9, 2011, 10:45:18 PM1/9/11
On Jan 9, 12:57 pm, "VFW," <george...@toast.net> wrote:
> In article
> <70f90e5a-ee83-46f1-8e31-ad64d524b...@j1g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,

Yeah, they can do whatever they want but they usually do it with no
eyewitnesses.

But I think you could go to the playground and claim to be a happy kid
with a toy. ;)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 9, 2011, 10:51:51 PM1/9/11
On Jan 9, 9:47 pm, d...@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote:

I was prohibited from launching a kayak at a seaside park on the
grounds of "dangerous activities" not being allowed. They can
interpret the way they want it, but kayaking is not dangerous at all.

The security guard called the cops and I was surrounded before I
realized. The sharks are nothing compared to land predators.

VFW,

Jan 10, 2011, 2:33:07 PM1/10/11
In article <slrniiksq...@manx.misty.com>,
d...@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote:

> Does the law regarding that place say what vehicles are prohibited
> (and all others are allowed), or what vehicles are allowed (and all others
> are prohibited)?

Yes, there is a sign. which I pointed out did not prohibit my machine.
They said it was a bike and that's that. It's the old "color of law"
If they are blue, they can make up "rules" on the fly. I guess.
Someone pointed out that my "crime" was challenging their authority.
Oh, my gosh, can you fight city hall?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 10, 2011, 2:59:25 PM1/10/11
On Jan 10, 2:33 pm, "VFW," <george...@toast.net> wrote:
> In article <slrniiksq3.6di....@manx.misty.com>,

Yeah, join the Trikke Federation... ;)

I own one because it allows me to capitalize on the little space I've
got. Actually I never went past the first lesson, but now it's getting
time to unleash it.

I'm member one of the Federation.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle

Jan 10, 2011, 5:46:25 PM1/10/11
On Jan 10, 2:59 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of

I can see where the Trikke could be of great danger to sloths,
homeless and other slow species that populate our parks.

Please tell the city hall.