Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

KenK

ungelesen,
17.03.2016, 13:01:2017.03.16
an
Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with caller
id? I tried a Pro Call Blocker from Amazon but returned it - terrible
instructions, errorful operation. Looked at CPR Call Blocker reviews and
user manual. Seems to handle entry of blocked calls badly - press button
while talking to them or entering the number manually. No saved caller ids
to select from when they hang up on your answering machine as mine usually
do. Email concerning this to CPR went unanswered. Looked at Sentry reviews
and manual - seems to handle callers very rudely. Robonomo seems to be not
taking new users.

Any others I should look at? Any you are thoroughly pleased with?

TIA

wilm...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
17.03.2016, 13:43:3017.03.16
an
Nope. None work. If there was a technology that worked, the phone companies would offer it.

Just don't answer phone calls from people you don't recognize. If they do trick you into answering the call, then trick them by wasting their time- "Why yes, I am interested in getting lower credit card interest rates. Go on." Sometimes I will keep the solicitor on for fifteen minutes, get their supervisor on to assist, and hopefully get at least one of them to cry or curse me out with spittle flying while at the same time remaining calm- "why no sir, there seems to be only six numbers on my credit card... Oh wait, this was my old Blockbuster card, whatever happened to Blockbuster, I once saw this wonderful movie starring that really handsome guy, what was his name... no... not him... oh yes, Ron Jeremy, that's his name."

Susan Bugher

ungelesen,
17.03.2016, 15:37:4017.03.16
an
On 3/17/2016 1:01 PM, KenK wrote:

> Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with caller
> id? <SNIP>

Signing this petition might help all of us
<https://consumersunion.org/end-robocalls/>

Susan
--

ItsJoan NotJoann

ungelesen,
18.03.2016, 06:56:1918.03.16
an
On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 12:01:20 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:

> Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with caller
> id? I tried a Pro Call Blocker from Amazon but returned it - terrible
> instructions, errorful operation. Looked at CPR Call Blocker reviews and
> user manual. Seems to handle entry of blocked calls badly - press button
> while talking to them or entering the number manually. No saved caller ids
> to select from when they hang up on your answering machine as mine usually
> do. Email concerning this to CPR went unanswered. Looked at Sentry reviews
> and manual - seems to handle callers very rudely. Robonomo seems to be not
> taking new users.
>
> Any others I should look at? Any you are thoroughly pleased with?
>
> TIA

I don't know why you had such a terrible time with
the instructions. After reading through them once
it should be easy to set up. Hook the device up,
remove receiver from the hook and follow the
instructions. Ta-da!

I love mine and it has cut down on those aggravating
calls 90%.

bob haller

ungelesen,
20.03.2016, 21:47:4920.03.16
an
HEY rachel is cute. often wondered about that since she is a persistant gal, must of called me 100s of times:(

the callers can generate any caller iD number they want. just the other day card services caller ID number came up as a local number. i called it, out of service......

KenK

ungelesen,
21.03.2016, 10:33:4121.03.16
an
KenK <inv...@invalid.com> wrote in

> Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with
> caller id? I tried a Pro Call Blocker from Amazon but returned it -
> terrible instructions, errorful operation. Looked at CPR Call Blocker
> reviews and user manual. Seems to handle entry of blocked calls badly
> - press button while talking to them or entering the number manually.
> No saved caller ids to select from when they hang up on your answering
> machine as mine usually do. Email concerning this to CPR went
> unanswered. Looked at Sentry reviews and manual - seems to handle
> callers very rudely. Robonomo seems to be not taking new users.
>
> Any others I should look at? Any you are thoroughly pleased with?
>
> TIA

Found another one that looks interesting. Tel-Lynx. Anyone tried this
one? I DLed some reviews from Amazon but haven't had time to read them
yet.

Rod Speed

ungelesen,
04.04.2016, 01:20:4404.04.16
an

<wilm...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 10:01:20 AM UTC-7, KenK wrote:
>> Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with
>> caller
>> id? I tried a Pro Call Blocker from Amazon but returned it - terrible
>> instructions, errorful operation. Looked at CPR Call Blocker reviews and
>> user manual. Seems to handle entry of blocked calls badly - press button
>> while talking to them or entering the number manually. No saved caller
>> ids
>> to select from when they hang up on your answering machine as mine
>> usually
>> do. Email concerning this to CPR went unanswered. Looked at Sentry
>> reviews
>> and manual - seems to handle callers very rudely. Robonomo seems to be
>> not
>> taking new users.
>>
>> Any others I should look at? Any you are thoroughly pleased with?

> Nope. None work.

Some do.

> If there was a technology that worked, the phone companies would offer it.

And British Telecom does just that and it works pretty well too.

> Just don't answer phone calls from people you don't recognize.

But that approach not only requires you to check who is calling
to see if it is someone you recognise, if say the hospital calls to
say that someone you know has asked them to call you because
that person is dying etc, you won't get that information.

> If they do trick you into answering the call,
> then trick them by wasting their time-

That just wastes even more of your time.

> "Why yes, I am interested in getting lower credit card interest rates.
> Go on." Sometimes I will keep the solicitor on for fifteen minutes,
> get their supervisor on to assist, and hopefully get at least one of
> them to cry or curse me out with spittle flying while at the same
> time remaining calm- "why no sir, there seems to be only six
> numbers on my credit card... Oh wait, this was my old Blockbuster
> card, whatever happened to Blockbuster, I once saw this wonderful
> movie starring that really handsome guy, what was his name... no...
> not him... oh yes, Ron Jeremy, that's his name."

Ditto.

Nicodemus

ungelesen,
05.04.2016, 17:40:2705.04.16
an
> Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with
> caller id? I tried a Pro Call Blocker from Amazon but returned it -
> terrible instructions, errorful operation. Looked at CPR Call Blocker
> reviews and user manual. Seems to handle entry of blocked calls badly
> - press button while talking to them or entering the number manually.
> No saved caller ids to select from when they hang up on your answering
> machine as mine usually do. Email concerning this to CPR went
> unanswered. Looked at Sentry reviews and manual - seems to handle
> callers very rudely. Robonomo seems to be not taking new users.
>
> Any others I should look at? Any you are thoroughly pleased with?
>
> TIA

I am using Sentry, bought from Amazon, works very well, block about 1,000
numbers, on an xfinity line

itsjoan...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
09.04.2016, 16:55:1609.04.16
an
On Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 2:40:27 PM UTC-7, Nicodemus wrote:

> KenK <inv...@invalid.com> wrote in
>
> > Anyone found a good call blocker for a regular land line phone with
> > caller id? I tried a Pro Call Blocker from Amazon but returned it -
> > terrible instructions, errorful operation.
> >

> I am using Sentry, bought from Amazon, works very well, block about 1,000
> numbers, on an xfinity line.

Within the last 24 hours I've received 5 calls from an 802
area code purporting to be from the IRS. They are insistent
that I call them back to forestall a lawsuit. I did answer the
first call and of course it was a recorded message and I guess
the reason they are calling back is they got a real human on
the first call. But they were blocked by the Pro Call Blocker
and all I hear is one short ring; when I check the P C Blocker
it's that 802 area code. So YES, indeed the Pro Call Blocker
d o e s work.
0 neue Nachrichten