DVR won't work with cable unplugged, just an FYI

Seerialmom

Nov 21, 2008, 2:22:10 PM11/21/08
I'm currently getting carpet installed in my house and out of boredom
(and curiosity) thought I'd see if I could "play" some previously
recorded shows from the cable DVR to this 5 in. color TV/boombox I
have. Got everything connected, turned on the TV part of the boombox
and switched on the DVR. I managed to get the DVR "display"...but it
apparently has to talk to Comcast to let me use it. Dang it. Oh
well...it was worth a shot. So if anyone asks...no, you have to be
connected to the cable to view recordings as well. I was hoping I'd
be able to access the DVR menu and play a show I recorded last night.
Guess I'll have to wait I suppose.

Dave

Nov 21, 2008, 3:38:52 PM11/21/08

"Seerialmom" <seeri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yet another reason not to get a DVR from a cable company, satellite company,
or Tivo. -Dave

Ian S. Salisbury

Nov 21, 2008, 4:34:18 PM11/21/08

TiVo lets you play recorded shows without service, as do the DirecTV
TiVo DVR.

The new DirecTV DVR (HR-21) does not.

Bob F

Nov 21, 2008, 6:41:38 PM11/21/08

"Ian S. Salisbury" <isa...@nospam.gmail.com> wrote in message

My computer with BeyondTV and 3 tuner cards has no such limitations.