Question on MagicJack

annab...@yahoo.com

Feb 7, 2009, 1:24:07 AM2/7/09
Question on MagicJack
************************************

My question is
Do all the calls come thru a PC/Laptop device ?
Does the laptop have to be on for this service to work ?

If this is so, then this is a problem. That means if my laptop is not
on, I will miss calls

Currently I have Comcast cable Internet and telephone service.
I have a wireless router for my laptop: internet.

Pls let me know as I am ignorant how MagicJack works.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
anna

Dave Garland

Feb 7, 2009, 2:30:28 AM2/7/09
annab...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Question on MagicJack
> ************************************
>
> My question is
> Do all the calls come thru a PC/Laptop device ?

Yes.

> Does the laptop have to be on for this service to work ?

Yes.

Sorry about that.

Dave

Patricia Martin Steward

Feb 7, 2009, 9:47:14 AM2/7/09
Don't go for this without more research -- I considered MagicJack, but
I Dogpiled it (as opposed to Googling it) and found some unfavorable
reviews.

--
January 20, 2009
The end of an error

Dave Garland

Feb 7, 2009, 10:59:20 AM2/7/09
Patricia Martin Steward wrote:
> Don't go for this without more research -- I considered MagicJack, but
> I Dogpiled it (as opposed to Googling it) and found some unfavorable
> reviews.

Research is always good. I once looked into MagicJack and rejected it
because of the reviews (mostly involving terrible customer service).
And it generates popup ads on your computer. But there always will be
*some* bad reviews, and it was discussed early last month by the crowd
at comp.dcom.telecom (a moderated group that takes its telephones very
seriously indeed) and received positive mention (the thread was "any
user reviews of the magic jack? [telecom]" There are certainly other
options out there (I use talkloop.com, but that's a dialaround, not VoIP).

Dave