Is your dentist smart enough?

'nam vet.

Nov 30, 2008, 12:07:30 PM11/30/08
did you know Periodontal disease is often linked to the control of
diabetes?
patients with inadequate blood sugar control appear to develop P.D. more
often and more severely and they lose more teeth .
read;
"/Diabetes & your Oral Health" A.D.A, dec. '07
--
When the Power of Love,replaces the Love of Power.
that's Evolution.

Macuser

Jan 24, 2009, 9:19:07 AM1/24/09
You can control perio by flossing. Also, did you know that antiseptic
mouthwash such as Listerine and similar house brands kill bacteria in your
mouth and also help to control this.

It's also true that dentists may not be entirely motivated to keep your
mouth healthy, because more damage means more services they can perform.
Also, you get the best value and the most honest service at a dental school.
A dental student gets a good grade when recommending only the services you
need. A private dentist is motivated to sell you as much services as you can
pay for.

--
http://cashcuddler.com

"Thrift is sexy." ;)

"'nam vet." <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote in message

The Real Bev

Jan 26, 2009, 1:09:16 AM1/26/09
Macuser wrote:

> You can control perio by flossing. Also, did you know that antiseptic
> mouthwash such as Listerine and similar house brands kill bacteria in your
> mouth and also help to control this.

There is some cheap Mexican tequila-substitute (as far as I can tell that's what
it is) that costs less than Listerine and tastes better. Almost the same
alcohol content and it comes in a plastic container with a ring on top so you
can carry it on your belt. "Licor Costeño Tonaya Supremo"

> It's also true that dentists may not be entirely motivated to keep your
> mouth healthy, because more damage means more services they can perform.
> Also, you get the best value and the most honest service at a dental school.
> A dental student gets a good grade when recommending only the services you
> need. A private dentist is motivated to sell you as much services as you can
> pay for.

OTOH, the little Mexican town of Algodones, just southwest of Yuma, exists to
service the dental needs of people all over the US. No crowds in summer.
Cheap, fast, and as good as anything you get in the US.

--
Cheers, Bev
"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity