help save me ~$70

Ohioguy

Aug 27, 2010, 11:33:01 AM8/27/10
In the past, I've enjoyed using GJC Software's "Easy Viewer 3", which
allowed me to take huge, high res photos and combine 4, 6, 8 or even
more into a single jpeg image. I could then resize this as I saw fit,
and it made it very easy to email some end of year pictures to people,
or submit multiple views of something in 1 photo for Ebay, etc.

I need to combine 4 jpeg photos into 1 again, and I just found out
that the Easy Viewer 3 program, while it will install, won't run
properly under Windows 7. I checked online, and an upgrade to version 4
costs $120, while full version is $150. Ouch! Even spending the $120
to upgrade seems too high, considering that this was the only feature of
the program that I used.

Can anyone point me to a less expensive software program that will
run on Windows 7 and quickly and easily allows a person to combine
multiple jpeg images into a single, multi-view image? If I could get
something that would let me drag & drop images, then save, that would be
worth $50 to me, and save me about 70 bucks!

Thanks!

Message has been deleted

Ohioguy

Aug 27, 2010, 4:13:02 PM8/27/10
> Do mean as in a so-called "panorama" view? That subject was

No, I'm just talking about a program that lets you take a bunch of
regular photos and put them together into 1 photo. For example, let us
say I have 9 photos of my kids I want to send out. I'm on dialup, so I
don't want to contemplate ever having to upload even 1 of those high
res. However, I was previously able to create a grid, and select 9 jpeg
photos to add to it. Then I would save the resulting grid of photos as
a single jpeg.

After that, I would compress it a little bit, and then attach once to
an email, insert it into a document, or whatever.

Message has been deleted

Michael Black

Aug 27, 2010, 8:00:04 PM8/27/10

GIMP will do it. I gather in the Microsoft world, the program for doing
that sort of thing is "Photoshop" complete with a very expensive price
tag.

I was splicing together two scans last night, a page that was too big
for my scanner. Just a matter of cutting and pasting the two parts
together in a bigger "canvas".

Michael

Warren Block

Aug 27, 2010, 8:20:16 PM8/27/10
Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Ohioguy wrote:
>
>>> Do mean as in a so-called "panorama" view? That subject was
>>

>> No, I'm just talking about a program that lets you take a bunch of regular
>> photos and put them together into 1 photo. For example, let us say I have 9
>> photos of my kids I want to send out. I'm on dialup, so I don't want to
>> contemplate ever having to upload even 1 of those high res. However, I was
>> previously able to create a grid, and select 9 jpeg photos to add to it.
>> Then I would save the resulting grid of photos as a single jpeg.
>>
>> After that, I would compress it a little bit, and then attach once to an
>> email, insert it into a document, or whatever.
>>
> GIMP will do it. I gather in the Microsoft world, the program for doing
> that sort of thing is "Photoshop" complete with a very expensive price
> tag.

A Windows version is available: http://www.gimpusers.com/gimp-download.php

Message has been deleted

tmclone

Aug 27, 2010, 10:44:17 PM8/27/10
Will you please just kill yourself and your entire family, thereby
doing the entire world a HUGE favor. You and your progeny suck. And
should die. Painfully. Quickly. PLEASE, NOW!

pug

Aug 28, 2010, 10:09:15 AM8/28/10

[Yawn]

I have been away from Usenet for a few years. Nice to know nothing has
changed. Still the same old pricky assholes (or assholettes) posting.

[back to bed]

Ohioguy

Sep 1, 2010, 8:44:15 AM9/1/10
Hmm - some of your suggestions give me the thought - if I can copy
and paste the jpegs into Atlantis Word Processor, creating a rich text
format document, why not send that?

Can people open a rtf file with a web browser installed?

Jeff Thies

Sep 1, 2010, 1:21:40 PM9/1/10

Probably, but it has nothing to do with the browser. The browser is
native to html and plain text, just like this post.

Jeff

Arthur Shapiro

Sep 1, 2010, 2:27:30 PM9/1/10
In article <9VQdo.612$IH1...@newsfe18.iad>, Ohioguy <no...@none.net> wrote:
> In the past, I've enjoyed using GJC Software's "Easy Viewer 3", which
>allowed me to take huge, high res photos and combine 4, 6, 8 or even
>more into a single jpeg image.

I have no familiarity with this product, but could it possibly run in XP
"compatibility mode" on your Win7 box?

Art