Do Americans know what a PASSING LANE is?

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 19, 2010, 3:22:42 PM4/19/10
Imagine the solution to all those speed traps and vigilantes sitting
on the passing lane is so simple and yet so much fun...

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/608/0/home.aspx

It's ugly but it seems pretty high tech, fuel injection and all, huh?
Who could have said you could have fun in America! One thing is for
sure: Americans will never know what a PASSING LANE is.

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"The jungle has many paths and when one closes another one opens"

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 19, 2010, 6:51:48 PM4/19/10
On Apr 19, 3:01 pm, "charlesgrozny" <n5...@sprynet.com> wrote:

> The passing lane, isn't that the one on the right of the solid white line?
> <G>
>
> Charles Grozny

This is a question for the driving test in the future...

A PASSING LANE IS...

__ A passing lane is the lane on a multi-lane highway or motorway
closest to the center of the road (the central reservation).

__ An imaginary lane through which the ball could be passed from a
player with the ball to another offensive player.

__ The area between two offensive players where a pass can be made.

__ The area between the ball carrier and the intended receiver of the
ball.

__ All of the above.

Message has been deleted

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 20, 2010, 3:01:36 AM4/20/10
On Apr 19, 11:24 pm, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:51:48 -0700 (PDT), "TibetanMonkey,
> the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> declaimed
> the following in alt.scooter:

> > A PASSING LANE IS...
>
> > __ A passing lane is the lane on a multi-lane highway or motorway
> > closest to the center of the road (the central reservation).
>
> Which doesn't apply to many of the freeways in my area -- where that
> lane is a diamond (car pool) lane.
> --

Around here too, but it has become a toll lane. Still the lanes
farther away are the SLOW LANES which I assume has some meaning too.
Understanding this would make life for cyclists so much easier where
they share the lane with the slower vehicles.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 20, 2010, 10:52:28 AM4/20/10
On Apr 20, 7:33 am, "hls" <h...@nospam.nix> wrote:
> "charlesgrozny" <n5...@sprynet.com> wrote in message
>
> > And what part might that be? I'm northwest of Chicago and I've seen them
> > do it up here, too. And it has been a law for almost 2 decades now up
> > here to turn on your lights when you turn on your wipers. People don't do
> > that, either.
>
> > Charles Grozny
>
> This is the northeastern part of Texas. Enforcement has been low for
> years, but is picking up. I suppose the state and locals see this as a good
> way to pick up some easy cash.
>
> People here complain about DRLs but then wont turn their lights on in
> the rain or at dusk as prescribed by law. They pass in the emergency lane
> and toodle down the road in the passing (left lane on divided highways).
>
> It is said that the family trees here have no branches.

The thing is that when they need the money they really go for the ones
that make traffic dangerous to the rest. But here they just do it in
very low danger areas where unsuspecting drivers are caught speeding
somewhat.

Real enforcement would take more than that. Remember, THE FIRST LINE
OF DEFENSE IS THE POLICE (whose duty is not to fill the city's
coffers).

This is the REAL THING, baby...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG_nGCW9ELw

Cindy Hamilton

Apr 20, 2010, 1:06:27 PM4/20/10
On Apr 20, 2:24 am, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfr...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:51:48 -0700 (PDT), "TibetanMonkey,
> the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> declaimed
> the following in alt.scooter:
>
> > A PASSING LANE IS...
>
> > __ A passing lane is the lane on a multi-lane highway or motorway
> > closest to the center of the road (the central reservation).
>
>         Which doesn't apply to many of the freeways in my area -- where that
> lane is a diamond (car pool) lane.

Here (southeast Michigan), we don't have car pool lanes.

The passing lane is the one that you drive in when the folks in the
other
lanes don't know that the customary speed is 10 over the posted limit.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 20, 2010, 4:40:43 PM4/20/10
On Apr 20, 10:06 am, Cindy Hamilton <angelicapagane...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I think our roads show the dangers of RIGHT WING LIBERTARIANISM, where
the big fish rules.

Left wing libertarians would be fighting over space on the bike lanes.

Cindy Hamilton

Apr 21, 2010, 1:01:05 PM4/21/10
On Apr 20, 4:40 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit"
<nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think our roads show the dangers of RIGHT WING LIBERTARIANISM, where
> the big fish rules.

You fundamentally fail to realize that the big fish rules not just the
roads,
but every aspect of life. Become a big fish or be eaten.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 21, 2010, 1:33:19 PM4/21/10
On Apr 21, 1:01 pm, Cindy Hamilton <angelicapagane...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I don't fail to realize it, I just say that it is a contradiction with
democracy.

In democracy the little fish would be eating the big fish, or at least
keep them in a seaquarium with the killer whales.

Cindy Hamilton

Apr 22, 2010, 12:48:04 PM4/22/10
On Apr 21, 1:33 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit"

America isn't a democracy; it is a republic. Perhaps you should learn
the distinction.

Oh, and you should also learn to distinguish between wishful thinking
and reality.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 22, 2010, 1:14:47 PM4/22/10
On Apr 22, 12:48 pm, Cindy Hamilton <angelicapagane...@yahoo.com>

wrote:
> On Apr 21, 1:33 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit"
>

> <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Apr 21, 1:01 pm, Cindy Hamilton <angelicapagane...@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:

> > > You fundamentally fail to realize that the big fish rules not just the
> > > roads,
> > > but every aspect of life.  Become a big fish or be eaten.
>
> > I don't fail to realize it, I just say that it is a contradiction with
> > democracy.
>
> > In democracy the little fish would be eating the big fish, or at least
> > keep them in a seaquarium with the killer whales.
>
> America isn't a democracy; it is a republic.  Perhaps you should learn
> the distinction.
>
> Oh, and you should also learn to distinguish between wishful thinking
> and reality.

What do they mean then when they say they are "fighting for democracy"
in every war? How about our wish for democracy, say, in Iran?

See, they think they are fighting for democracy, but they may get a
democratic circus...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjzHGb638ow

NO PLACE TO RIDE A BIKE!? PATHETIC, SHAMEFUL ANTI-DEMOCRATIC!!!

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 22, 2010, 1:32:50 PM4/22/10

wrote:
> On Apr 21, 1:33 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit"
>

> <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Apr 21, 1:01 pm, Cindy Hamilton <angelicapagane...@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:

> > > You fundamentally fail to realize that the big fish rules not just the
> > > roads,
> > > but every aspect of life.  Become a big fish or be eaten.
>
> > I don't fail to realize it, I just say that it is a contradiction with
> > democracy.
>
> > In democracy the little fish would be eating the big fish, or at least
> > keep them in a seaquarium with the killer whales.
>
> America isn't a democracy; it is a republic.  Perhaps you should learn
> the distinction.
>
> Oh, and you should also learn to distinguish between wishful thinking
> and reality.

FYI:

(I quote)

The term republic may have many different meanings. It normally means
a state with an elected or otherwise non-monarchical head of state,
such as the Islamic Republic of Iran or Republic of Korea. Sometimes
in the US it is used similar to liberal democracy. For example, "the
United States relies on representative democracy, but its system of
government is much more complex than that. It is not a simple
representative democracy, but a constitutional republic in which
majority rule is tempered."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_democracy

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 23, 2010, 7:39:46 AM4/23/10
I offer the following solution:

Right lane for use for slower two-wheeled vehicles (bicycles,
scooters) and alternative vehicles under 30mph. BICYCLE TAKES THE
LANE.

The problem now is not only the behemoths, but they pass on any lane
including the right. NO PHONE, of course.

This vehicle would be quite fun on city streets:

http://www.greencar.com/articles/bombardier-debuts-under-7000-neighborhood-electric-vehicle.php

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 23, 2010, 8:43:24 PM4/23/10
On Apr 23, 3:14 pm, "Auric Hellman" <adhell...@volcanomail.com> wrote:
> While they are naturally excellent soldiers, Germans tend to be peaceful,
> compassionate people. The lessons of blindly following orders has been
> learned
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1267802/German-troo...
>
> German soldiers are wearing their hearts on their sleeves - in the form of a
> badge that protests their country's involvement in the war in Afghanistan.
>
> Some troops have taken to wearing the cloth accessory that states -
> ironically - 'I fight for Merkel' in a bid to persuade the German Chancellor
> Angela Merkel to explain exactly what they are fighting and dying for.
>
> Four more troops were killed, and five badly injured, in Afghanistan last
> week.
>
> Seven soldiers have died there so far this month, bringing the total to 43
> in all since they were first deployed eight years ago.
>
> Unable to engage the Taliban directly on the ground, frustrated by their
> government's inability to acknowledge they are even engaged in a war and
> angered by the lack of popular support for their mission, the badges are a
> low-key mutiny that has sent shock waves through the top brass of the
> Bundeswehr.
>
> --
> Dr. Auric D. Hellman
> adhell...@volcanomail.com

They are said to be fighting for "democracy," though someone corrected
me the other day that America is NOT a democracy, so we are still
ruled by the law of the jungle...

Maybe they are fighting for GLOBALIZATION! ;)

"WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE"

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

Rick

Apr 24, 2010, 10:38:02 AM4/24/10

The US is a representative democracy, or at least it is supposed to be.

--
Rick

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 24, 2010, 12:03:50 PM4/24/10

And China is a People's Republic and every country has some sort of
democratic, colorful elections.

The problem is the representatives become a class in itself, where
they develop more loyalty to the their own survival in the political
jungle, than to the electorate that seems to be betrayed every time.
Half the people even bother, so a quarter of committed citizens vote
over issues that have little to do with the environment or alternative
transportation.

But some countries seem to be doing much better at that game in favor
of the little fish, so we are still waiting for a miracle.

TibetanMonkey, the-Monkey-with-the-Bag-of-Shit

Apr 24, 2010, 12:42:30 PM4/24/10
On Apr 24, 3:12 am, "Jim Warman" <mecha...@telusplanet.net> wrote:
> What appears to be happening is that you bought a dog.... and now you are
> taking it out on everyone else.
>
> Toyota doesn't read these news groups.... 90% of the buying public doesn't
> read these news groups. Yet you continue to assail us with diatribe after
> diatribe - knowing full weel that, if any one of us finds out where you
> live, you will have something similar to a burning bag of dog shit on your
> front stoop - feel free to stomp out the flames.
>
> I imagine that you test drove one car... found it to your liking and then
> said... "I'll take that one over there".
>
> Rule number one... do NOT test drive one car and buy a different one based
> on that test drive. Mass produced cars have personalities and, just because
> youliked everything about the green one except the colour, doesn't mean you
> will like anything about the red one.
>
> And, since you made such a foolish mistake, you are now proving to the rest
> of us that you are a dyed in the wool idiot... over and over.
>
> Toyota has your money.... for some reason that appears to be our fault...

All I got to do is keep one idiot from buying Toyota and they will pay
by the Laws of Karma.

Besides my wisdom is spread out toward other issues useful to Toyota
and non Toyota owners.

Did you know we have a lot to gain by abandoning the Darwinistic
approach (law of the jungle) on our roads? Drivers of little smart
cars, scooters, cyclists --even pedestrians-- should appreciate that.