Re: Bad economy forcing immigrants to reconsider U.S.

wis...@yahoo.com

Feb 10, 2009, 6:21:37 PM2/10/09
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:40:20 -0800 (PST), Ramon F Herrera
<ra...@conexus.net> wrote:

>This is Economics in action.
>
>"LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Pedro Pablo slowly folds up his
>American flag blanket and stuffs it in his duffel bag. With it goes
>his American dream.
> "I left my family and lost four years with them. I will ask them to
>forgive me," he said.
>
>Pablo is an illegal immigrant from Guatemala who came to the United
>States to support his wife and five sons back home. When he arrived,
>construction jobs were plentiful. Over the last year, he says, he's
>worked three days.
>
>Across the United States, tens of thousands of immigrants -- those
>here legally and illegally -- are facing a similar dilemma: Do they
>continue to search for jobs in a struggling U.S. economy or return
>home to an even bleaker economic situation?"
>
>[...]
>
>http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/10/immigrants.economy
>
>-RFH

You can feel sorry for Pedro but you should hate the worthless
government who allowed him to enter America in the first place.
Perhaps real job competition will finally stir the American public.

ted

http://www.vdare.com/ V-Dare

http://www.wvwnews.net/ Western Voices World News

Message has been deleted

Rod Speed

Feb 11, 2009, 1:42:07 AM2/11/09
josej...@ssnet.net wrote
> wis...@yahoo.com wrote:

>>> http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/10/immigrants.economy

>> You can feel sorry for Pedro but you should hate the worthless
>> government who allowed him to enter America in the first place.
>> Perhaps real job competition will finally stir the American public.

> When capital is mobile but labor is not mobile it only benefits the ruling class.

Oh bullshit. Hordes have got to move out of subsistence agriculture into something a hell of a lot better than that.

> If immigrant can not move to the USA to get jobs the jobs will move to Guatemala.

And those who get them there will benefit significantly when they get them.