Home Water Heater Sediment Flushing Guide

1 view

Paul Michaels

Oct 25, 2010, 7:38:48 PM10/25/10
I just got around to finally flushing out the sediment from the bottom
of the three year old water heater in our home. It's a relatively
simple process that should allow the heater to run more efficiently
(save us money on the power bill) and prolong its life by at least a
few years over never doing the procedure. I took pictures and created
a quick guide for any homeowners who may need a bit of assistance.

If you are hearing strange noises coming from your water heater like
popping/cracking/bubbling, you should do this ASAP to avoid having to
replace the unit very soon.

Here's the guide - http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Home-Water-Heater-Sediment-Flushing-Guide

I hope someone finds it to be useful.

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Rod Speed

Oct 26, 2010, 1:37:07 AM10/26/10
Paul Michaels wrote:

> I just got around to finally flushing out the sediment from the
> bottom of the three year old water heater in our home. It's
> a relatively simple process that should allow the heater to
> run more efficiently (save us money on the power bill)

Fraid not.

> and prolong its life by at least a few years over never doing the procedure.

Fraid not.

> I took pictures and created a quick guide for any
> homeowners who may need a bit of assistance.

> If you are hearing strange noises coming from your water
> heater like popping/cracking/bubbling, you should do this
> ASAP to avoid having to replace the unit very soon.

Wrong again.

Al

Oct 26, 2010, 10:35:13 AM10/26/10

Paul Michaels wrote:
> I just got around to finally flushing out the sediment from the bottom
> of the three year old water heater in our home. It's a relatively
> simple process that should allow the heater to run more efficiently
> (save us money on the power bill) and prolong its life by at least a
> few years over never doing the procedure. I took pictures and created
> a quick guide for any homeowners who may need a bit of assistance.
>
> If you are hearing strange noises coming from your water heater like
> popping/cracking/bubbling, you should do this ASAP to avoid having to
> replace the unit very soon.
>
> Here's the guide - http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Home-Water-Heater-Sediment-Flushing-Guide

Similar instructions, with better pictures I might add, are available
all over the Internet.
Your basement looks terribly dirty and moldy. From this post and many
previous ones, you are way behind the curve on home maintenance.