Annoying Ebay ad crap

imascot

Nov 13, 2008, 2:59:32 PM11/13/08
I hate the way Ebay takes forever to load because of all the adware running in the background. Today I
found a setting that lets you opt out of the adware. My apologies if this seems obvious. In my Ebay
Summary, look on the left side under My Account for Site Preferences. Scroll down to Advertising
Preferences, Edit, and change the bloody default to No and No. Ebay now loads quickly.

I also opted out of the new Ebay beta view of My Ebay, which did not fit on my screen well. This
restores the old My Summary look, which I greatly prefer.

J.

Message has been deleted

rtan...@yahoo.com

Nov 13, 2008, 5:03:11 PM11/13/08
Wow.

That made a difference, thanks!

Fring

Nov 13, 2008, 8:30:51 PM11/13/08

Thanks for sharing.

Nov 14, 2008, 12:08:50 AM11/14/08

"imascot" <im...@mycomputer.now> wrote in message

Thanks for the tip! I have roadrunner, but removing the ads definitely speed
things up. And I hate the beta too, and disabled it awhile ago. It just
can't be customized to show me what I want to see all on one screen, plus it
was running like a dying dog. I will be very unhappy when it goes live.