Remove coffee stains on plastic carafe

jc...@lycos.com

Jun 16, 2010, 9:32:27 AM6/16/10
I have a great hamilton beach coffee maker that uses a heavy plastic
plastic carafe to show how much is left in the pot as you push your
cup into this little station to be filled.

Trouble is, after a while the stains start to get pretty back over the
viewing window so I'm looking for a fairly non-abrasive means of
getting those stains off. Gentle baking soda scrub ???

Any ideas are very much appreciated.

TIA

Rod Speed

Jun 16, 2010, 2:14:04 PM6/16/10
jc...@lycos.com wrote:

Try bleach. Let it stand in the carafe overnight, diluted about 5:1

That works fine for white coffee and tea cups.

dan

Jun 16, 2010, 3:58:53 PM6/16/10

Try Trisodium Phosphate, i.e. dishwasher powder. Dissolve some in hot
water and let it stand in the carafe over night.

/dan