uses for lawn "waste" leaves, etc.

VFW

Oct 3, 2010, 2:20:12 PM10/3/10
pile in a row and run the lawn mower over it all and make a flair mulch.
a rotary mower does it. compost is king.
--
Karma, What a concept!

Al

Oct 3, 2010, 4:58:34 PM10/3/10

Many folks just run a mulching mower blade over the lawn and save all
the raking and piling in a row.

Bob F

Oct 3, 2010, 5:18:19 PM10/3/10

I use my snapper bagger to mow, then dump the mulch where needed. Leaving the
mulched leaves on the lawn guarantees dead spots all over by the end of winter
here. It works fine for a few leaves here and there during the rest of the year,
but the autumn leaf fall is way too much for leaving the leaves in place.

George

Oct 4, 2010, 9:13:05 AM10/4/10

But what about the loss of the "golf course look" for a couple of days?
How would you live with yourself?

But seriously I just run the mower w/mulching blade over the leaves as
you described and the job is done. Leaves tend to "fluff up" when you
rake them and it looks like there is a lot of mass but not really.