Craigslist

1 view

aesthete8

May 23, 2011, 11:52:51 PM5/23/11
In order to post a classified, since when did C. begin asking for
telephone numbers?

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

May 24, 2011, 12:47:27 AM5/24/11
In article <73d2c6a4-c919-49c0...@x6g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
aesthete8 <art...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In order to post a classified, since when did C. begin asking for
> telephone numbers?

why not ask them?

Message has been deleted

Millhaven

May 28, 2011, 8:30:20 PM5/28/11
On May 24, 12:50 am, datruth <datr...@Use-Author-Supplied-
Address.invalid> wrote:
> aesthete8 <art...@gmail.com> wrote innews:73d2c6a4-c919-49c0...@x6g2000yqj.googlegro
> ups.com:

> > In order to post a classified, since when did C. begin
> > asking for telephone numbers?
>
> Like the people who post there, C.L. staff are a scummy group.
>
> In addition to asking for fon numbers, so they can block users
> they who are critical of them, they routinely configure their
> servers to indicate your ad has been posted, complete with a
> view of the ad. Problem is, it hasn't. This is called
> "ghosting". It should be called sleezeball dishonest tactics,
> bordering on cracker activity.

I have experienced both of these, usually only after flooding Casual
Encounters with loads of "rich man loves to eat pussy" ads.

Never had a problem when posting concert tickets for sale.